I will never visit San Antonio

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
I go south for a week to two weeks every winter. I will never choose San Antonio as my destination.

I don't bebrudge the Alamo for taking NU but given their past snubs, I leave SA off my list of places to visit.

I am sure it is nice but there are a lot of nice places to visit in the winter.

But

Should you judge a whole city by the works of a few dopes on a bowl committee?

It is the fourth time the Gophers have been passed over...in addition to 2003 and 2006, they also passed over Minnesota in 1999 to take Penn State after Minnesota beat PSU that year...again, probably based on ticket sales...there is nothing in Minnesota's past to say we will bring a lot of folks.

I don't judge the city at all. My father was there and liked it.

The bowl committee and their tourism department needs to know that there are ramifications in their decisions. They need to see the big picture rather than a myopic view of potential visitors to a bowl game.

This was the last straw. I offically no longer remember the Alamo. That'll show 'em.

Look at it this way, Davy Crockett wishes he had never visited San Antonio either.

I go south for a week to two weeks every winter. I will never choose San Antonio as my destination.

I don't bebrudge the Alamo for taking NU but given their past snubs, I leave SA off my list of places to visit.

I am sure it is nice but there are a lot of nice places to visit in the winter.

They took NU? I guess Michigan must be even more pissed than Minnesota, having been selected on national tv and all.

We didn't get passed over this year. The talk was passing over MSU for us. MSU was 4-4 in the big ten and we were 3-5.

Top Bottom