I was happy with...

Reaction score
Ok, so i thought of this today after the game. I think that I am going to post this every week followed by what I liked about the game. Please post what you liked about the game. The only rule is that it has to be something positive about the program/game.

I really liked how we ran the ball this afternoon. I liked being able to line a TE up and push the pile in a positive direction.

The floor is yours...

I really like making my own posts or replies to others posts without any dumb f'n rules.

BUT...

I really liked how we mixed our plays and used Whaley and Gray a little bit.

They are spreading it out more as well. A number of players were involved. Green, Gray, Whaley...Weber needs to spread the ball around more.

5-2 in last 7 road games
One penalty today
Rallied for a win in the fourth quarter for the third time this season (Composure!!)
PERFECT this season in the Red Zone (knock on wood)
1-0 in the BT for first time since 2005

I was impressed that the offense came out and put together a complete game... Start to Finish.

Marqueis Gray. That boy's got talent! Now let's see if he can pass...

and I second Whaley -- he's going to be a great RB.

3 TD's for Duane Bennett, he appears healthy.

dumb f'n rules

I really like making my own posts or replies to others posts without any dumb f'n rules.

My thought being, we normally get enough threads that circle the drain. The idea is for at least one thread with nothing but positive stuff.

If you want to make your own thread with negative crap, start it yourself; or you can just post on ANY of the other threads on the board.

Have a great night.

I thought the o-line played great; not just the run game, but also pass-protection wise (especially compared to the previous three games). Northwesterns's D-Line looked terrible, not even the D-End who is supposed to be so great (99) impressed me, but I'm giving our line credit for that as well.

Yes, Gray is going to be something else.

and one more thing - very happy with the drop in penalties today. That was huge.

Totally agree with this. How many did we have?? Sherels interference, which was a bad call IMO, any others??

I think its a very good sign for our O-line, didnt remember any penalties from them.

I liked that we scored more points than they did. Yeah, I think that's what I liked the most. Plus replaying the Brewster show at half time to See Ms. Kane.

Good thread, adt.

I liked the return of the running game -- and seeing Bennett return to form. Also like the improvement in the OL.

And, I remain pleased with the LB crew ... they may have not had their best game today but it's fun to see the three of them working it.

countdownclub.jpg

Great to see younger players making a contribution, but veterans played very well on both sides of the ball, too. Huge improvement in O-line, two fumbles forced by D plus spectacular interception, good kicking game, solid running game for the first time this season, Weber-Decker clicking, etc. Team seems to be jelling as a TEAM. Morale seems up. I was hoping for six wins - we should do better.

My thought being, we normally get enough threads that circle the drain. The idea is for at least one thread with nothing but positive stuff.

If you want to make your own thread with negative crap, start it yourself; or you can just post on ANY of the other threads on the board.

Have a great night.

(i was being facetious, sorry I wasn't clear on that)

I like having the QB under center on 3rd and short and actually pounding the ball ahead 2 yards for a 1st down. It seemed like we really struggled with that from the spread last year.

Studwell's Gameball goes to....

Nick Tow-Arnett.

All he does is catch the ball and move the chains.

All Big Ten performance!

We finally were able to run the ball and Fisch used it effectively in the second half. TOP was clearly ours in the second half and the whole game. Burris stepped in nicely for Carufel (Injury??) and Stommes played the whole game at LT.

I like having the QB under center on 3rd and short and actually pounding the ball ahead 2 yards for a 1st down. It seemed like we really struggled with that from the spread last year.

good point...nobody misses the slow developing read play on 3rd and short

I liked that we actually dominated the line of scrimmage against a team that we should have done just that.

I liked Royston coming up with his first big play as a Gopher on the INT. Kim, how about a pick six against your old team next week?

I also like 14-0 in the 4th quarter

Love Decker. Love Weber. Can't wait to see Gray develop over the next few years.

Top Bottom