I was happy with...

Reaction score
I know that this may be difficult. Yesterday was tough, but this is the positivity thread. Complete the sentence and say something positive about the program.

If you want to be negative, post anywhere else on the board.

I was happy with...a win. We are bowl eligible. Too may years have passed when we didnt go to any bowl.

the defensive effort. They dominated a good 1-AA team like they should have. We beat SDSU with only 1/3 of our team showing up. THe offense and special teams appeared to have taken the week off.

I was happy with the win...

and that is all.

Still believe that Brewster needs two more years and hopefully all the coordinators will stay in place.

I was happy with......

--Our future leaders on defense. Specifically Cooper, Carter, and Wilhite. These three made some big plays and will be counted on a lot next year.

--Bowl eligibility. Some may disagree, but to me going to a crappy bowl is still better than no bowl at all.

Thanks again for keeping this weekly thread going.

Yep, the win is about it. Bowl eligibility is nice.

Bowl Bid!!

I am still happy with at least something! Better than nothing! If all the coord's stay here we should be better next year. Hopefully
Any idea who the Gophers will play and against who??
Just wondering.

Go Gophers!!!

6 weeks of practice time

If we get a bowl bid, we will get to practice for about 6 weeks prior to the game. That is priceless for the young guys....and they need to carry us next year.

Bowl game. Punting. Defense. Section 212. Gopher football is sacred time with my teenage son. I am grateful he wants and enjous the time we have together. I love the stadium and being back outside.

A final win on home field for the seniors.

Bowl game. Punting. Defense. Section 212. Gopher football is sacred time with my teenage son. I am grateful he wants and enjous the time we have together. I love the stadium and being back outside.

I agree with everything you said, including section 212!

Definitely the defense.

I thought the bytes on my DVR should be erased, but I chose to re-watch the game after seeing it in person. I was very impressed by our defense. Other than a somewhat non-existent pass rush at times we dominated... as we should have.

Defense - defense - defense. Cosgrove's unit was prepared, and came up big when we needed them too. They were actually able to find the endzone too. Unlike the offense.

I was really happy when Lee Campbell led 7 or so of his teammates on a lap around the stadium following Hail! Minnesota after the game to high-five and thank the fans, while the rest of the team (including Brew) went straight for the locker room without so much as a wave. That's what wearing the 'C' is all about right there.

I was happy with Michael Carter. He looked great out there in relief of Traye Simmons.

A win and closing out the first season at TCF Bank stadium (and not having set foot in the inflatable toilet all fall.)

I've been putting people on ignore all week to try and make this site more palatable. I think I'm near done with the process. What is really telling and interesting is that although most threads are about a third to half blocked out there is not one post here that belongs to a person i have on ignore.

I'm happy about the gophers becoming bowl eligible. I'm happy that the defense continues to improve.

Finally bowl eligible and Carter, Cooper, Orton getting valuable PT.

Running into two old friends and, thanks to the no shows, they were able to join Mrs Bayfield & I. Fun!

i was happy to have one last saturday with all my good buddies and brother and throwin down a bunch of beers! I can't wait til next year to see them and all the people in 232, AWESOME section and neighbors!

I was happy to see Wilhite on the field and making plays. I'm looking forward to seeing him getting more PT next year.

Agreed Schnood..

..I was happy with this thread not having trolls on it.

On the game...love the DBs playing UP on the WRs and knocking passes down! What a novel concept. If we let our CBs do that against IL I bet we win the game. Kudos to Carter, Simoni L for their pressure.

Love the DB blitz that caused our TD!

Loved that I didn't have to whine about that dome this year!

Beat IOWA!

GM

Top Bottom