I want to see Cole Kramer

fmlizard

Reaction score
Not as the starting QB, but as a package QB similar to how he was used the last couple years. Short yardage situations, primarily.

Under Fleck the Gophers have had great success with both Kramer and Seth Green in short yardage conversions. Best in the nation once or twice, I believe.

The ballcarrier was very predictable the last couple games in these situations.

Not as the starting QB, but as a package QB similar to how he was used the last couple years. Short yardage situations, primarily.

Under Fleck the Gophers have had great success with both Kramer and Seth Green in short yardage conversions. Best in the nation once or twice, I believe.

I disagree. Green was amazing but Kramer has been bad in short yardage.

You want Cole running wildcat? Ish. Have you seen him move?

No

According to this, he has averaged 4.6 yards per carry over his career, which is pretty good. Keep in mind that in college if a QB is sacked on a pass attempt the yards lost are taken from his rushing total, rather than his passing yards like in the NFL.

According to this, he has averaged 4.6 yards per carry over his career, which is pretty good. Keep in mind that in college if a QB is sacked on a pass attempt the yards lost are taken from his rushing total, rather than his passing yards like in the NFL.

I think he has broken a couple longer runs which may see his average higher, but the vast majority have been stopped for no or little gain. Seth was a guaranteed 3 yards minimum.

I also doubt Kramer has been sacked much since he's hardly been asked to pass.

I think he has broken a couple longer runs which may see his average higher, but the vast majority have been stopped for no or little gain. Seth was a guaranteed 3 yards minimum.

I also doubt Kramer has been sacked much since he's hardly been asked to pass.

If in fact he broke some long runs, wouldn't that be a reason to run the wildcat package, rather than a reason not to?

I agree Kramer isn't the prototype wildcat QB, but he has been effective doing it many times.

Perhaps this would be better phrased as "I want to see a wildcat package"

Short yardage has been ugly this season and they don't seem to want to send AK between the tackles on anything but a sneak.

A read option executed by someone who can keep it himself and is also a credible threat to pass would be great. Might be a RB or WR.

I think it makes perfect sense to have a package of plays for him to be a running first, but with RPO options, shotgun QB, in certain situations.

Why is one poster implying he's as slow as Tanner Morgan? I doubt he's as fast as a RB, but he's hardly unathletic.

You guys are serious??

What season did we run the wheels off of Kramer wildcat, that soured you so badly? :sneaky:

Let me guess, the covid season. Good lord

If in fact he broke some long runs, wouldn't that be a reason to run the wildcat package, rather than a reason not to?
I think those were 2 years ago. It was pretty bad last year if I remember correctly. If we need 2 yards and 95% of the time he can't get 2 yards, no I don't want him in there. I don't care if 1/20 times it goes for 15 yards.

I thought at the time why not have him in for the last series of the game? Said in an earlier post that the ending just didn't have a good feel to me...winning for sure against an outgunned opponent.

Don't know this team well enough to know if we had everyone else 2nd or 3rd string playing in that series. I could be more comfortable with AK playing to 00:00 under that circumstance.

No ... you would never line your starting QB up in the wildcat. That defeats the entire point.

It's showing the defense "hey, this is a run ..." and then the wrinkle is that maybe the guy might throw it anyway, since he's the backup QB.

You'd never risk your starting QB like that.

Though I can see the point of the poster who brought up that we may not be able to afford risking our backup, right now.

No ... you would never line your starting QB up in the wildcat. That defeats the entire point.

It's showing the defense "hey, this is a run ..." and then the wrinkle is that maybe the guy might throw it anyway, since he's the backup QB.

You'd never risk your starting QB like that.

Though I can see the point of the poster who brought up that we may not be able to afford risking our backup, right now.
Like what, running the ball? Think hard before answering.

Maybe last year that was a good idea.

Kramer has averaged fewer YPC in his career than Darius Taylor. On a similar number of carries. Just as a note.

You think that's unique to Minnesota?!

Go Gophers!!
No, but the intensity seems unique to Minnesota.

Every Vikings team of the last 30 years, including the one with Randall Cunningham tossing TDs to Moss, had a large, vocal, and influential contingent in the Twin Cities calling for the backup QB.

Granted, I've been part of this club in the matters of Adam Weber and Mitch Leidner.

Cole should be playing more on the field - he knows the system and was very sharp in the Spring game. I've never understood why PJ doesn't give his reserve QBs some game experience when we are obviously going to win.

Top Bottom