I think Kaler should address the 10 visiting recruits and say --

Rog

Reaction score
I hope he doesn't say "I don't know who our next coach will be"

But what could he say? or what should he say?

What ever, the "U" just can't ignore the situation because we could lose most of them and not only them but the ones already committed.

Pretty cut and dry if you ask me, hire Clays, I know for legal reasons they have to do a "search" but it will be Clays.

Pretty cut and dry if you ask me, hire Clays, I know for legal reasons they have to do a "search" but it will be Clays.

You have to do a full search. While I think Claeys is an excellent choice, you always must make the choice with the most information you can collect.

I have full faith that Coach Beavergopher will get us to and win the B1G championship.

Serious question: Has a team ever hired a new coach (a non-interim coach) mid-season?

It seems like a fairly recent trend (maybe I am completely wrong) to fire a coach halfway through the season. I think I read somewhere that there are now 8 FBS openings with a couple other positions hanging by a thread. Going to be kind of a race, don't ya think?

Kaler to incoming recruits:

"nothing changes, brick by brick and ski U mah!"

There was a lively discussion on Gopher Hole about how the team performed when coach Kill was on a leave taking care of his condition and the performance of the team, play calling etc., when Claeys was interim HC. Obviously, time will tell how Claeys and the team does the rest of the season, but it would make sense, after the "search" to at least give Claeys a 3 year contract, this would give us the continuity needed for the very good recruiting class we have coming in next year and '17. Just a thought.

There was a lively discussion on Gopher Hole about how the team performed when coach Kill was on a leave taking care of his condition and the performance of the team, play calling etc., when Claeys was interim HC. Obviously, time will tell how Claeys and the team does the rest of the season, but it would make sense, after the "search" to at least give Claeys a 3 year contract, this would give us the continuity needed for the very good recruiting class we have coming in next year and '17. Just a thought.

Somewhat to your point, every coach in America has a contract at least that long because of recruiting. The key would be the buyout.

Top Bottom