I renewed my season tickets

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Figured y'all needed to know. In for my same two seats, trying to upgrade.

Payment plan is nice, especially since I think I'll get a full refund on my Loons tickets. Possibly volleyball as well (I really hope not!)

Anyway, my reasoning for renewing is that I really love Gopher hoops. I've had tickets for 3 years. Year 1 was full of promise! Lynch, Murphy, Coffey, Mason and McBrayer...then that shit went so damn sideways. Brutal season. Year 2 we won an NCAA tourney game. Fun season. Some really memorable moments. Year 3? Disaster and then the damn season ended abruptly. But at least we didn't miss out on having a tourney team. They weren't going anyway.

Our coaching situation is meh. Our roster is ?????. The arena amenities don't exist. But I'll be there cheering as usual. I like the roster right now if they add an impact wing and Carr comes back. Hopefully we have less Sunday games this year.

Note: I love The Barn. LOVE it. Walking in there makes me really happy. But the place could use a facelift. And tap beer.

Figured y'all needed to know. In for my same two seats, trying to upgrade.

Payment plan is nice, especially since I think I'll get a full refund on my Loons tickets. Possibly volleyball as well (I really hope not!)

Anyway, my reasoning for renewing is that I really love Gopher hoops. I've had tickets for 3 years. Year 1 was full of promise! Lynch, Murphy, Coffey, Mason and McBrayer...then that shit went so damn sideways. Brutal season. Year 2 we won an NCAA tourney game. Fun season. Some really memorable moments. Year 3? Disaster and then the damn season ended abruptly. But at least we didn't miss out on having a tourney team. They weren't going anyway.

Our coaching situation is meh. Our roster is ?????. The arena amenities don't exist. But I'll be there cheering as usual. I like the roster right now if they add an impact wing and Carr comes back. Hopefully we have less Sunday games this year.

Note: I love The Barn. LOVE it. Walking in there makes me really happy. But the place could use a facelift. And tap beer.
I forget your epic oath....which was going to cause you not to renew, but that's excellent!! :)

Has the ticket office sent out a renewal request yet? I haven't seen the email...

I forget your epic oath....which was going to cause you not to renew, but that's excellent!! :)

Has the ticket office sent out a renewal request yet? I haven't seen the email...

Link to renew is available at your Gopher sports account.

That was due to Brock Stull. I think. Anyway, I don't know if I will ever get rid of my tickets unless life/money is the reason. We want to raise our kids at sporting events, might as well make them at the U of M. It would be nice to have two solid seasons in a row though...

Link to renew is available at your Gopher sports account.

This. I check mine often so I saw it. You have months to do it but the deadline for the 6 month payment plan is May 5th. 4 month payment plan is July 7th (I think)

That was due to Brock Stull. I think. Anyway, I don't know if I will ever get rid of my tickets unless life/money is the reason. We want to raise our kids at sporting events, might as well make them at the U of M. It would be nice to have two solid seasons in a row though...
Brock Stull! That was it.... Good stuff. There is nothing better than a loyal fan! Better days will come and maybe starting sooner than we thought. I love this off season so far - despite losing one of my all time favorite players in Oturu.

Brock Stull! That was it.... Good stuff. There is nothing better than a loyal fan! Better days will come and maybe starting sooner than we thought. I love this off season so far - despite losing one of my all time favorite players in Oturu.

Agreed. I’m always optimistic. I truthfully view the gophers as a hobby. I put in X dollars per year and the enjoyment I get outweighs that. With a really good season like football had—by a lot. Volleyball always helps. I love basketball so it’s usually going to outweigh the cost. Add it all up and I’m way ahead in my personal life.
My wife is a sports fanatic. Loves college football more than I do. Makes it easy to do something together and is a good use of discretionary income

Was Year 3 really a "Disaster"? Got to enjoy great play by Oturo and Carr and some big wins at the Barn including likely NCAA qualifiers Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St and Wisconsin (lopsided). Granted the endings to Iowa & Maryland sucked, but other than the Michigan State game, they played pretty well at home anyway.

Was Year 3 really a "Disaster"? Got to enjoy great play by Oturo and Carr and some big wins at the Barn including likely NCAA qualifiers Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St and Wisconsin (lopsided). Granted the endings to Iowa & Maryland sucked, but other than the Michigan State game, they played pretty well at home anyway.

They had an all-American and finished 15-16. They took 11th in the conference. Fairly disastrous.

Some fun games but trash overall.

Actually 12th, small crowds, 8-12. pretty disastrous for me.

Even worse. You’re right. I love the program but this wasn’t a good year. Or an acceptable year.

I’ll keep showing up though

Even worse. You’re right. I love the program but this wasn’t a good year. Or an acceptable year.

I’ll keep showing up though
Same. As long as their are games i will be coming to Minnesota for them.

I haven't renewed yet, but will. I use their payment plan and usually don't start paying until their last date. With the renewal extension in football, I haven't made my first payment on that plan yet. It was moved back until May 5th. I'm also one of those loyal guys and just enjoy Big 10 college basketball. At least we ended on a good note in Indy - even if it was a quick trip.

This. I check mine often so I saw it. You have months to do it but the deadline for the 6 month payment plan is May 5th. 4 month payment plan is July 7th (I think)
Well, I guess then I will be done. I havent received any email or such so I guess there's no actual interest in recruiting my ongoing support.

Well, I guess then I will be done. I havent received any email or such so I guess there's no actual interest in recruiting my ongoing support.

I think the ticket office is limited right now. The renewal link is on your online account. Guessing they'll start calling/emailing soon. Definitely odd to not get a mass email but there is plenty of time. It is April. Just feels long since we didn't get a full hoops season

With the Corona hanging around I’m going to wait until the drop-dead due date (July 31) to renew. Want to make sure there’s going to be a season and/or one where fans are allowed. Don’t want to give them my money before I have to.

With the Corona hanging around I’m going to wait until the drop-dead due date (July 31) to renew. Want to make sure there’s going to be a season and/or one where fans are allowed. Don’t want to give them my money before I have to.

Makes sense. Plenty of people doing that in all walks of life.

One cool thing is I think I'll be moving to better seats this year. Guessing a lower renewal rate for a variety of reasons. Plus my Gopher score is improving

I thought the Indiana game at home was the only one this year that it looked like they were not ready to play or didn't want to. Say what you like about Richard, in general his teams have played hard and not given up. I cannot say that about the previous two administrations, where teams were playing out the string and giving up on a regular basis.

Don't take it personally, Moonlight. First, this is the U. Second, they are in more chaos than usual. Third, I think there is no way on God's green earth you are giving up your tickets only because of a disorganized ticket office. If that were your standard, you would have abandoned them in 2001.

Don't take it personally, Moonlight. First, this is the U. Second, they are in more chaos than usual. Third, I think there is no way on God's green earth you are giving up your tickets only because of a disorganized ticket office. If that were your standard, you would have abandoned them in 2001.
And in the past, renewal notices have typically been sent out in May.

I thought the Indiana game at home was the only one this year that it looked like they were not ready to play or didn't want to. Say what you like about Richard, in general his teams have played hard and not given up. I cannot say that about the previous two administrations, where teams were playing out the string and giving up on a regular basis.

In the end it was a clunker, but I disagree that they "were not ready to play or didn't want to". They did build a 10 pt lead early, seeming to shake off the Iowa loss and held a 3 pt lead at half.The 2nd half was indeed a mess.

4 for 25 on 3 ptrs and 10 for 19 on FTs. Lots of bricks, took the fight out of them.

There will need to be some kind of extension on these renewals. I'm not comfortable dropping 2 grand on hockey tickets right now and they are my number 1 misc/entertainment expense every year.

There will need to be some kind of extension on these renewals. I'm not comfortable dropping 2 grand on hockey tickets right now and they are my number 1 misc/entertainment expense every year.
Yeah, this is the point for us. I'm somewhere in a nebulous zone between employed and unemployed. Making a fraction of my previous income. I'm hard pressed to come up with a big chunk of change now for something that far off that may not happen.

With the Corona hanging around I’m going to wait until the drop-dead due date (July 31) to ren+ew. Want to make sure there’s going to be a season and/or one where fans are allowed. Don’t want to give them my money before I have to.

+1 - Renewal is likely...but holding cash until last minute. U of M will not be in a hurry to return it.

You fell for one of the Classic blunders! The best known of which is never get involved in a land war in Asia. But only slightly less well known is never pay for your season tickets early when death is on the line.

Top Bottom