I predicted a Gopher loss...

BigGopherFan

Banned
Reaction score
...and I was wrong. However, does anyone really think Minnesota would have won the game had MTSU had its first-string QB? Let's be honest here...

Does it matter who the QB is for the other team when you control the ball and the game?

It's impossible to know obv.

But what MTSU did well at is Kilgore's strength and not Dasher's.

The game plan we prepared for was Dasher's strength and not Kilgore's.

So, I think it's poor reasoning to automatically assume MTSU would have fared better had Dasher played.

Dasher doesn't play defense, so yes. We held the ball for over 45 minutes. I sincerely doubt Dasher can score when he's sitting on the sidelines.

I think the Gophers would have lost if MTSU had Joe Montana and Jerry Rice in their prime. Does anyone think the Gophers would have had a chance?

I think the Gophers would have lost if MTSU had Joe Montana and Jerry Rice in their prime. Does anyone think the Gophers would have had a chance?

Only if we had Al Noga, Keith Millard, and Joey Browner on defense

The Gophers didn't have Theret, Royston and Dom ...

A win is a win. No points for style. I'll take 12 of these.

A win is a win. No points for style. I'll take 12 of these.

I believe Iowa had 4-5 games last year that were wins that looked as bad or worse than this one. Not many of them apologizing for that at the end of the season.

I believe Iowa had 4-5 games last year that were wins that looked as bad or worse than this one. Not many of them apologizing for that at the end of the season.

I think you should never have to apologize for a win, or make silver linings in a loss. Its pass-fail, period.

If BGF never makes a prediction again and never tells us about it, is that a win? YES

Ding!Ding!Ding!

...and I was wrong. However, does anyone really think Minnesota would have won the game had MTSU had its first-string QB? Let's be honest here...

We have a loser folks! Tell him what he lost....Seriously, I predicted this exact post and was pilloried for it. See how it is? This is why you always want to line up against someone's best. The fault finding took no time at all to arrive. Excellent job of Channeling Bump. Of course the obvious answer is, 3 passes, 3 pick sixes. How do you know that Dasher wouldn't have done that?

Our defense would have been better with Dom Jones and Alex Daniels a few years ago also. Whats your point?

We'd have two more national championships if Kessel, Okposo, Johnson, etc. wouldn't have left. You think those other schools are going to put asterisks next to their victories over us? Nope.

The teams don't matter, the sport doesn't matter. We beat them, we earned it. Let it go. There are breaks on the field, off the field, and in officiating -- that's how it works. Let it go.

what if we had our starting safeties? Dasher's more of a runner and not as much of a passer apparently so it was a completely different game.

Never apologize for a road win to start the season. Especially when you are on the road facing a team coming off of a 10 win season that recieved votes in the AP top 25 on Thursday night. Thursday games have a history of favoring the smaller conference.

I predicted a Gopher win... and I was right. However, does anyone really think Minnesota would have won the game had I not drank that last beer? Let's be honest here...

I predicted a Gopher win... and I was right. However, does anyone really think Minnesota would have won the game had I not drank that last beer? Let's be honest here...

You should have gotten a game ball!

Great column by Ivan Maisel

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=5524265

A win is a win but in a season opener it's all that matters. Ask 2007 Michigan (lost). 2009 Iowa (win)

11 new starters on defense, are you kidding me? Going against a no huddle in their first game?

Bennett nearly reaches half of his entire rushing total from a year ago?

Just get a win and get back to work.

(And please, please can we finally have a laugher against a Dakota school)

Yes. I expect this to be a true blowout... three touchdown or more win.

Default I predicted a Gopher loss...

What else is new.

Top Bottom