I must admit...

Big Ten Mind

Reaction score
...the "Pasadena Brew" bit on KFAN's Common Man show is pretty funny

Guess we'll see if Zooker and his 4-stars come to play tomorrow or continue to "go league"

I only heard it once and it sounded way too much like Denny Green. Good idea, poor execution.

You guys must have way more patience than I have. I tried listening to this dweeb's show and he babbled constantly trying to pass the time. My wife gave me the "look" and I switched stations. Not much of anything socially redeemable on his show, at least that day.

I think the most endearing thing about Common's show are the 15 second pauses. I laugh pretty hard whenever he plays that ditty that sounds like a game show theme when the pause is REALLY long. I guess I take KFAN with a grain of salt. I like PA's commentary and Common is dorky, which appeals to me. Lake is a good listen too. Barriero tries too hard, it seems, and he takes himself far too seriously, to the point of him being a pompous ass.

Being from the Range, I don't get reception all that often unless I make a trip to Duluth or the Metro, so that's probably why I can tolerate it a little more than some of the other posters.

The SVP show on ESPN will ease all pains.

The most entertaining aspect of KFAN is that they constantly try to claim that Minnesota is a less sophisticated sports market than other cities.

But easily the biggest and best example of how we are less sophisticated is that so "fans" here use KFAN as the cornerstone of their sports knowledge. I have never heard a single on-air personality from KFAN that would have a job in a comparable sports market. They have some good interviews, but their hosts and "talent" are just laughably bad. And they obviously follow sports in the same manner 1970's housewives used to follow soap operas.

And I'm not sure why anyone would suject themself to listening to Dan Barreiro. The irony of being talked-down to by someone who has spent his whole life as a below-average sportswriter is entertaining for maybe only 10 minutes.

Top Bottom