I love these Kill quotes

By statistical measures, Leidner is doing better as a passer than he was at this point last year. He completed 63% of his passes yesterday. Given the anemic running game yesterday, he should have been throwing more. As bad as the offense was yesterday, we probably wouldn't be quite as miserable about the game if Still doesn't fumble after that catch, the offense scores a touchdown on that drive, and the final score was 17-0. When the offensive line was doing its job during that last drive at Colorado State, Leidner looked great.

dpodoll68 is right. Minnesota should have better options at QB on their roster but they don't so there really isn't a good alternative to Leidner. Croft might be better in the long run (and I think he should start being groomed as the backup), but it's likely going to take him some time to surpass Leidner.
The running attack was anemic because they stacked the box and we ran right into it. A remotely competent QB -who if given the time- would've shredded Kent State and their stacked box. Instead what we got were two horrible interceptions when Leidner had all the time in the world. I understand deferring blame but it's easy to stack the box and stifle the run game when the QB can't make the elementary throws.

It's gotta be the worst figure of speech ever. I mean it really can't get any worser can it?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I don't know when someone can say "it couldn't get any worse". Say they Gophers offense gained -100 yards and threw 5 pick sixes. Well, it could get worse. We could have gained -101 yards and three 6 pick sixes.

From now on, short of the complete destruction of the world, I'm gonna pounce of people who say "it couldn't get any worse."

I'm going to brunch, where I plan on eating like a horse.

We've been here before with that question. You do realize they practice for many hours every week right? #Gamers
They say leidner practices really well but you see how he plays in a game? He is awful. You don't know what you have in the position until they play in a game.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

They say leidner practices really well but you see how he plays in a game? He is awful. You don't know what you have in the position until they play in a game.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I'm in record as saying we need to try Croft, but to say the coaches don't know what they have in him is silly. They know what he will do well and what he won't do well.

I'm in record as saying we need to try Croft, but to say the coaches don't know what they have in him is silly. They know what he will do well and what he won't do well.

I'm sure the coaches know what they have in Croft. They could also be feeling the whole offense is so messed up right now, a qb change really won't make a difference right now....therefore why burn the red-shirt.

Who knows

I'm sure the coaches know what they have in Croft. They could also be feeling the whole offense is so messed up right now, a qb change really won't make a difference right now....therefore why burn the red-shirt.

Who knows

Yep. But, I don't think it was just about burning a red-shirt yesterday. It was more about it being a close game and them just not trusting a freshman in that situation. Kent State's inept offense and our defense made them think they could hold on for a win, and they were right. However, they're cutting it too close for my comfort. Play not talked about is that awful punt that flipped field position back to us. Without that, it could have gotten really hairy as their kicker was hitting 50 yarders in warm-ups.

Had to post to this thread. Big USC fan with strong family ties to Minnesota. Your offense is really bad, but at least you're not a top-10 team that played like an FCS school against one of your biggest rivals. I got to watch a lot of your game before I left for the Coliseum, and your QB is really bad. Ours is really good, but like you I'm questioning the play-calling of our head coach. Will keep watching the Gophers and hoping both our teams improve.

Had to post to this thread. Big USC fan with strong family ties to Minnesota. Your offense is really bad, but at least you're not a top-10 team that played like an FCS school against one of your biggest rivals. I got to watch a lot of your game before I left for the Coliseum, and your QB is really bad. Ours is really good, but like you I'm questioning the play-calling of our head coach. Will keep watching the Gophers and hoping both our teams improve.

Good luck to your Trojans and our Gophers. The Gophers will get better. I'm sure of that. Nobody agrees how it will happen and some don't agree it will.

Listening to Korzo this am on espn1500.......yes he can rant at time. Anyway he went off pretty heavy on Kill's meltdown. Especially the 'fire me' and the 'we don't have an AD right now' Said people are extremely happy with him but have a right to be disgusted with yesterday and he acted childish. 'Was a slap in the face to Beth(can't think of last name) interim AD. Said he owes an apology to everyone.

Also said the media have all supported him other that one columnist that thought he should be fired for his medical issue.

This is the reason I clicked on the thread. Kill's little meltdown/"fire me" schtick is wearing thin. It's unprofessional, and it casts him as a thin-skinned amateur. I've known high school coaches who handled criticism more eloquently (I've also known some who handled it worse). Did anyone listen to Urban Meyer's PG presser? I only saw a few minutes, but he was getting MUCH more difficult questions about his QB's and a narrow win against a MAC team at home. He handled the questions I saw in a calm, even-handed manner. When asked whether it was time to make a decision at QB, he calmy said something like, "That's a good question. Maybe. We'll certainly have to think hard about it this week." Urban Meyer knows full well most fans (and reporters) know less than 5% of what he knows about football. But he humors them. He knows it's part of the job.

Can play your game too. Why do people keep saying Mitch is the best we got. How do you know? Im sure the other guys do not get much reps in practice since the starters have PLENTY to work on. The thing is you do NOT know. So stop being ridiculous.

He's not great or even good, but the sad reality is that he's the best we have. I wish that we had someone better, but we don't. Whining about it for multiple days solid after every game isn't going to solve the problem.

1. No, as I stated, Jerry is more surprised than you are about the offense. He was positive we could run the ball effectively. So far we are not. If we could run the ball without showing anything...we'd win by a greater margin. Again, Kent State played great defense. Give them some credit.
2. Because he has a coach who understands what the questions would be and doesn't want to add to the doubt the offense already has in their performance.

BS. There is no way Jerry should be surprised with the results of the offense. The opponents also play to win and no one is ever going to roll over for you.

So you think Kill is holding back and saving the "good plays" for later in the season? Then he is a fool! Name one other coach or team that is this clever. If they are such great plays in their pocket then use them and they can just keep shifting and changing to keep opponents off guard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can play your game too. Why do people keep saying Mitch is the best we got. How do you know? Im sure the other guys do not get much reps in practice since the starters have PLENTY to work on. The thing is you do NOT know. So stop being ridiculous.

All of the players get plenty of reps. That's the way Kill runs his practices and always has. If any of the QBs were close, they'd get on the field. They're not, so they don't. Streveler has seen a handful of snaps due to injury and for a change-up, but everyone on Earth knew there was zero chance of him passing, so he was basically a RB taking a direct snap, though technically a QB. Croft appears like he has been making strides and may start seeing the field, but he's still not close to Leidner and that's why he hasn't. There's almost no chance anyone else becones the full-time starter until 2017, save for injury. Sorry to be the one to pass all of these facts on to you.

BS. There is no way Jerry should be surprised with the results of the offense. The opponents also play to win and no one is ever going to roll over for you.

So you think Kill is holding back and saving the "good plays" for later in the season? Then he is a fool! Name one other coach or team that is this clever. If they are such great plays in their pocket then use them and they can just keep shifting and changing to keep opponents off guard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They do this literally every season. How have you not noticed this the past several years?

Wow, didnt know you attend and run the practices. I dont recall pushing for Streveler. You lose all credibility we you suggest a 3rd string QB and a "as of now" redshirt QB are taking any substantial snaps in practice.

You know all the facts though....

All of the players get plenty of reps. That's the way Kill runs his practices and always has. If any of the QBs were close, they'd get on the field. They're not, so they don't. Streveler has seen a handful of snaps due to injury and for a change-up, but everyone on Earth knew there was zero chance of him passing, so he was basically a RB taking a direct snap, though technically a QB. Croft appears like he has been making strides and may start seeing the field, but he's still not close to Leidner and that's why he hasn't. There's almost no chance anyone else becones the full-time starter until 2017, save for injury. Sorry to be the one to pass all of these facts on to you.

They do this literally every season. How have you not noticed this the past several years?

So you're saying they held back against TCU the last two years, Colorado St. last week, the David Fales San Jose St. team in 2013 and against Syracuse in 2012? I don't believe that.

Wow, didnt know you attend and run the practices. I dont recall pushing for Streveler. You lose all credibility we you suggest a 3rd string QB and a "as of now" redshirt QB are taking any substantial snaps in practice.

Haha, wow. You have no idea what you're talking about. Do you think that everyone besides the starters sits on the sidelines and watches at practice? Do you honestly think that's how a major college program operates in 2015? I mean, really? I suppose it's difficult to know any of these things when the entirety of your existence on this board is spent following me around with your nose in my taint.

So you're saying they held back against TCU the last two years, Colorado St. last week, the David Fales San Jose St. team in 2013 and against Syracuse in 2012? I don't believe that.

When they know that they have their opponent overmatched, they do the bare minimum of what they think they have to do to win. None of the games you suggested would fall into that category. This is not that complicated. I suggest sticking to meteorology. Your posts were more enjoyable when you focused on discussing things you know and understand.

Jerry Kill just volunteered this weekend: "Does Croft get plenty of reps in practice? You bet he does! Does he look good? Yes he does!" Did he warmup with the 2nd team offense pre-game at Colorado St? Did he warmup during the game versus Kent State to possibly enter the game? Have you ever been to a Jerry Kill gopher practice?

Show me where i said everyone else sits on the sidelines in practice but the starters. I can firmly assure you they dont have Mitch take snaps with first team and then blow the whistle and say Streveler you're up......ok Perra you are up...now Croft your turn. If they are then maybe that explains the horrendous offense we see. Go ahead though and react like a child when someone points out you are wrong.

Haha, wow. You have no idea what you're talking about. Do you think that everyone besides the starters sits on the sidelines and watches at practice? Do you honestly think that's how a major college program operates in 2015? I mean, really? I suppose it's difficult to know any of these things when the entirety of your existence on this board is spent following me around with your nose in my taint.

No i havent been to a practice, but its pretty simple thinking. They only have so many practices each week. Not enough time to practice each of the QB's with this weeks game plan.

Jerry Kill just volunteered this weekend: "Does Croft get plenty of reps in practice? You bet he does! Does he look good? Yes he does!" Did he warmup with the 2nd team offense pre-game at Colorado St? Did he warmup during the game versus Kent State to possibly enter the game? Have you ever been to a Jerry Kill gopher practice?

Who said any of that? Is it possible to win less than 2 Big Ten games? Why yes, it is in fact possible to win 0 or 1 Big Ten games. Could it have been worse yesterday? Indeed, we could have lost the game. The fact that saying "it couldn't possibly be worse" is a completely idiotic statement should be self-evident. Further, I will bet you any amount of money you want that this will be a better team than the 2011 squad. Any amount - you name it. As Ogee has already stated, the pattern is the same every year - we do the minimum amount that the coaching staff feels we need to do to win in the non-conference games (if we blow someone out once or twice, it's a bonus) and then ramp up the complexity as the conference games hit. It's frustrating to watch as a fan, but the pattern is well-established and I very much doubt that they will ever change it. Do you think that the same team that lost by 6 to TCU is going to win 0 or 1 Big Ten games? I mean, really? Nothing like overreacting to a sample size of one game and not considering any external factors, amirite?

Since you're so good at taking everyones points so literally, the same can be done to yours. You specifically stated non-conference games, not just the overmatched opponents. But of course I don't know what I'm talking about...

Show me where i said everyone else sits on the sidelines in practice but the starters. I can firmly assure you they dont have Mitch take snaps with first team and then blow the whistle and say Streveler you're up......ok Perra you are up...now Croft your turn. If they are then maybe that explains the horrendous offense we see. Go ahead though and react like a child when someone points out you are wrong.

I'm not wrong. Do you really not grasp the concept of multiple groupings taking reps simultaneously? This isn't rocket science for anyone with an elementary understanding of how football practices work. Who said that they all get equal reps with the first team? If you try to claim that I said, implied, or insinuated any such thing, you are a liar.

Since you're so good at taking everyones points so literally, the same can be done to yours. You specifically stated non-conference games, not just the overmatched opponents. But of course I don't know what I'm talking about...

I did? Quote me. Shouldn't be hard, since I specifically stated it.

No i havent been to a practice, but its pretty simple thinking. They only have so many practices each week. Not enough time to practice each of the QB's with this weeks game plan.

They run multiple huddles. It is fast paced. The QB's do get reps and Jerry just this week said Croft was getting plenty of them. They make time without sacrificing time...it's very well run. Check it out this spring. You'll enjoy it.

He won't throw the team under the bus. However, h threw the fan base under the bus. Nice going. Are we moving into Glen Mason territory where all he talks about is where he is in relation to the fans.

Really? Zero chance? I seem to recall him going 1-7 with a pick in his only start last year. So, he threw 7 times. That is better than "zero chance," right?

Really? Zero chance? I seem to recall him going 1-7 with a pick in his only start last year. So, he threw 7 times. That is better than "zero chance," right?

Pretty sure he hasn't thrown a pass since though....lol

Oh and to the OP's point, I hate the comments by Kill. Childish and thin skinned IMO.

Top Bottom