I love his dunks but can Rodney get

It helps to have natural touch and shooting ability. Rodney lacks the touch and shooting ability. Its evident when you watch his FT stroke. You never know when he's gonna clang one off the backboard or swish one.

I am very close to giving up on the Rodney Williams project...He better show something vs IU.

I doubt Blake had much impact on the team at all his freshman year. As Rosemountain pointed out, Rodney's stats are comparable to and even better than Blake's at this point in time..

This just isn't true.

Not sure why there are some clowns out there looking to fall on a sword for RE (gogopher). RW's value to this team right now is very limited and won't change this year. He has the athletics that you can't teach. If he commits a significant amount of time to improving his strength and basketball skills in the off season, he could become a very good player. He is not even close to that now and talk of him earning a living playing basketball with his current skills is crazy. Let's all hope that he is willing to work his ass off this summer and become a much better play next year. I hope he does not think he is already there because of some of the unwarranted press that he has received. With the situation we are in this year, I feel we would be better off with RE coming off the bench and start someone with more of an outside game to compliment our size inside.

but they would be ignoring the fact that Rodney plays with a lot more talent around him so his points and rebounds naturally are held down because they are going to others.
I would say they are very similar players at this point in Rodney's career.

A lot more talent around him, that's what's holding him back? If that's what you think, you're an idiot.

Blake definitely had an impact as a freshman, including a game winner in the BTT. There's no argument there, his three point shooting was incredibly valuable. But yeah, he struggled in Year 2 and wasn't much of a factor, when compared to his first year.

I'm wondering, with Rodney, how he practices. Like, it was mentioned before, the whole height on his jump shot when practicing vs. during games. Cause when you watch him shoot in games, seems like he's almost over firing, hitting backboard, or back of the rim a lot. But if my memory serves, it's typically on line. He needs to find consistency in his takeoff, whether he learns to shoot without as much height at all (ala Blake), or at least consistently getting proper height. Confidence is a major issue right now because he can't find it, which makes his entire offensive game suffer.

As far as impact though, you can't argue there's a few games this year where he's come up with some big plays to help us win games, like against UNC, IU, Purdue, when we needed a spark or a big defensive play, he's stepped up. Some of you act like he's done nothing at all this year. Yes, he has not progressed (offensively) like we might have hoped, but he's definitely been a factor out there. It's not easy to find guys who have the ability to check guys with an ability to score on the wing, and Rodney can do that. He's probably the only one. Unfortunately, we've been forced into more zone with our limited roster, so with that you may wonder if his value has diminished some. But we need him out there, as his length is still valuable in the zone as well.

A lot more talent around him, that's what's holding him back? If that's what you think, you're an idiot.

If Rodney was playing with Spencer and dan coleman instead of the 3 guys he plays with he probably gets 6 rebounds per game.

If Rodney was playing with Spencer and dan coleman instead of the 3 guys he plays with he probably gets 6 rebounds per game.

If he wasn't getting hand fed assists from Blake he would be averaging 2-3pts a game instead of 6.

So you are saying half of his points come from godfather assists? Get a grip

It was sarcasm pal and you took the bait, just saying something as stupid as you did below.

but they would be ignoring the fact that Rodney plays with a lot more talent around him so his points and rebounds naturally are held down because they are going to others.
I would say they are very similar players this point in Rodney's career.

A lot more talent around Rodney is not what is holding him back. I would take DJ or the godfather over Rodney any day.

If he learned how to actually "play" you'd be amazed how much his offensive numbers would increase. As I've said before, watch him away from the ball on both ends of the floor.

Top Bottom