I Like This Guy Way Better Than Benhart ..

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score

Good for him. Harvard, then maybe play pro. Go get it kid.

NDSU has several OLs who never played for the Gophers and end up in the NFL:

Paul Cornick, Orono
Joe Haeg, Lake Shore
Zack Johnson, Blaine
Dillon Radunz, Becker

I don't know if they never received a Gopher offer or are late bloomers.

It is assuring that PJ Fleck is heavily invested in recruiting in-state players. He is also making inroads in Wisconsin. There are many that probably will not get a chance.

Wow the kid packed on 80 pounds since high school. Hard to fault coaches for not seeing these types of transformations.

NDSU has several OLs who never played for the Gophers and end up in the NFL:

Paul Cornick, Orono
Joe Haeg, Lake Shore
Zack Johnson, Blaine
Dillon Radunz, Becker

I don't know if they never received a Gopher offer or are late bloomers.

It is assuring that PJ Fleck is heavily invested in recruiting in-state players. He is also making inroads in Wisconsin. There are many that probably will not get a chance.
I'm guessing late bloomers much like Theilen was for Mankato.

I'm guessing late bloomers much like Theilen was for Mankato.
Hopefully, the Gophers are getting adept at finding those hidden regional gems. The quality of the PWOs must be better than ever.

Although PJ Fleck is casting a 600-mile radius, he is locking up most of the top in-state players.

These stories are great and no disservice to coaches. It’s hard to know which underdog has the heart of a champion, more a testament to a persons desire to overcome the odds.

Hopefully, the Gophers are getting adept at finding those hidden regional gems. The quality of the PWOs must be better than ever.

Although PJ Fleck is casting a 600-mile radius, he is locking up most of the top in-state players.
Also, a guy might choose playing sooner at one of the Dakota FCS schools than risking biding their time on the bench at the U. I don't blame people who make that decision. I have a friend who had a FCS offer and several D2's, but chose to play D3 where he could start all four years. He never regretted it - he loved to play the game.

Also, a guy might choose playing sooner at one of the Dakota FCS schools than risking biding their time on the bench at the U. I don't blame people who make that decision. I have a friend who had a FCS offer and several D2's, but chose to play D3 where he could start all four years. He never regretted it - he loved to play the game.
I agree. Trey Lance is one of them who opted to go to NDSU over the Gophers.

did the gophers even offer?
I am pretty murky about this. I remembered he had visits with them. Again, it may be the case that he wanted to see the field sooner.

Top Bottom