I kind of like no beer?!?

Handsome Pete

Wartime Hero Fool
Reaction score
I will probably get ripped for this, but am I the only one that is sort of enjoying the no alcohol policy? I think they should have it in the suites obviously, and I am a big beer+football guy, but it is sort of nice to relax for three hours and not get all liquored up. I couldn't imagine the AFA or Cal games being more exciting, or the stadium more energized, booze or no booze. Man am I getting old.

I had to laugh when I found myself buying a Dilly Bar when I normally would have purchased a couple of Summits.

It was great. We had 4 25ish year old guys behind us today who were spitting tobacco all over the ground, not using a cup, and they all got up and left to go to the bar after Cal made it 21-7.

I like not having these types in the Stadium ,especially not sitting right behind me.

It definitely saves me $15 a game and an afternoon hangover.

It definitely saves me $15 a game and an afternoon hangover.

Tobacco products are not allowed (to be used) in any campus building, including the Bank....

You should get them to get rid of it.

Me and my buds got a couple of Sioux fans kicked out of Mariucci two years ago for chewing tobacco.... their reactions were spectacular!!!

I will probably get ripped for this, but am I the only one that is sort of enjoying the no alcohol policy? I think they should have it in the suites obviously, and I am a big beer+football guy, but it is sort of nice to relax for three hours and not get all liquored up. I couldn't imagine the AFA or Cal games being more exciting, or the stadium more energized, booze or no booze. Man am I getting old.

I agree 100%.

I'm sure you are a very nice person and a loyal fan but I cannot support any thread which diminshes beer.:)

I'm waiting for CharlesBenjamin to come on here and blame the alcohol policy on Brewster.
"Dude, we totally would've had beer under Mason. Totally."

And then he'll make another witty Jimmy Carter comment. Funny funny.

Tobacco products are not allowed (to be used) in any campus building, including the Bank....

Me and my buds got a couple of Sioux fans kicked out of Mariucci two years ago for chewing tobacco.... their reactions were spectacular!!!

GG05 and I talked about how to deal with them...they weren't the types to take kindly to others asking them to do anything. As soon as they left my wife piped up and said that if the tool behind here had knee'd her in the back one more time she was going to clock him. Thankfully I'm pretty sure they aren't the ticket holders as they weren't at the AFA game...its looking like the folks behind us are scalping their seats.

This is interesting. At least three people in the seats around me were chewing throughout the game today. Pretty gross but whatever. They were spitting into a cup.

I don't care about beer in the seats, but no beer in the suites is costing the U money.

Does the ban apply to events scheduled in the DQ rooms too or is it just games?

I enjoyed my Premiums in the tailgate lot before the game. I'm happy to not pay $7 for a beer. Plus, I like to make absolutely sure I'm sober when the game is over and in the past I had the fortune/unfortune to always have friends giving me beers in the Dome. That's not an issue anymore.

Hey don't lump all us tobacco spitters into the same category. As long as they don't spit on the ground it isn't hurting anyone.

Not allowing beer at TCF also encourages fans & students to leave early to get some beers at a nearby bar/house party in the fourth quarter. I think we'll see beer sales again soon at TCF.

no beer is good

It would ruin the electric atmosphere. Beer is for pre and post game. Keep it in the suites.

doesnt matter to me because i drink jack daniels every game anyway.

I like it too.

What I always found shocking and disgusting about those who apposed the U's policy is that it's not like they don't have ample opporunities to drink. Our state legislators who voted against the U's policy could get as tanked as they wanted to. The U just wants them to cool it for a few hours while they are in the stadium bowl. Have a water. Have some ice cream. Try some Pepsi or hot chocolate for a change. You might even like it. And after you sing Hail! Minnesota you can go out and get trashed all over again.

And if you discover you really can't be around people without booze for even a little while.... just do what you do at church every Sunday. Bring a flask.

I had the same reaction.

I remember at the Iowa game some Iowa fans got really drunk behind us and were saying all kinds of things and my 9 year old daughter was listening. It got so bad that my father in law, a HUGE Iowa fan, turned around and talked to them about their language. I am not a prude, but it was bad. Alcohol certainly played a part.

There are some people who just keep drinking and drinking long past the point of being pleasantly drunk, and that causes a lot of problems.

They didn't sell beer in the 4th quarter at the Dome, so I don't think that makes much difference.

This is why the bill passed. People like the guy you quoted don't get it. They haven't taken the time to fully understand the issue before they share their opinions on this topic.

I have never seen anyone win an argument in favor of serving alcohol in the bowl at a major college football game. Not here in Minnesota. Not anywhere. They always get killed because they are missing some key pice of information, and it becomes evident that this ommission causes the foundation of their logic to crumble.

It's just sad that many of the uninformed are also members of our state legislature.

There are some people who just keep drinking and drinking long past the point of being pleasantly drunk, and that causes a lot of problems.

The Badger fans won't be here until next week.

Top Bottom