I hope we don’t….

I'm taking my kid to the game. By the time the game ends, we will have been outside in freezing temps for 7-8 hours. If he thinks it would be fun to go on the field again, we're going.
I just love this post!!!

I wonder if there is any other fan base like ours. I doubt it.

Think about it: we have some Minnesota fans who are worried we might beat our rivals for the first time in eight seasons, and then get overly enthusiastic in our celebration of victory.

I mean, that is so uniquely Minnesotan.

I wonder if there is any other fan base like ours. I doubt it.

Think about it: we have some Minnesota fans who are worried we might beat our rivals for the first time in eight seasons, and then get overly enthusiastic in our celebration of victory.

I mean, that is so uniquely Minnesotan.
I think it is somewhat Minnesotan.

But the "act like you've been there before" type attitude among fans about getting excited is some weird sports inferiority complex that is sorta universal.

I think it is somewhat Minnesotan.

But the "act like you've been there before" type attitude among fans about getting excited is some weird sports inferiority complex that is sorta universal.

You think so?

When I see other teams win in a rivalry game, it sure seems like the fans get pretty excited. Especially so if the winners have been enduring a long losing streak against their rival.

I think that field-storming, or court-storming, should be reserved for very rare and special occasions.

Win a Conference title -- beat the #1-rated team in the country -- fine, storm the field or the court.

IMHO, if you start doing it more often, then it becomes less special - almost an "oh, I suppose we'd better storm the field" kind of thing.

I'm not going to stop anyone from doing it. But I reserve the right to shake my head and stroke my beard in silent disapproval.

I think that field-storming, or court-storming, should be reserved for very rare and special occasions.

Win a Conference title -- beat the #1-rated team in the country -- fine, storm the field or the court.

IMHO, if you start doing it more often, then it becomes less special - almost an "oh, I suppose we'd better storm the field" kind of thing.

I'm not going to stop anyone from doing it. But I reserve the right to shake my head and stroke my beard in silent disapproval.
HR has decided that this is not the time to have fun. Please return to your seats!

I like it after the game when the beer racks are simply left unattended. Thank ‘U’!

I concur. Waters it down too much. I have a framed picture of the Penn State game field storm in my man cave. I was at that game, one of the best days of my life lol and very field storming worthy IMO
……However, I won’t be able to attend this game so maybe that’s why I’m being salty and don’t want anyone else to have any fun lol….. but since rushing the field means we won the game then I guess storm away people!

I still don't understand why after beating 'Bama Tennessee fans took down their own goalposts and dragged them to throw into the Tennessee River...

I apologize everyone. I was wrong and I’m man enough to admit it. Maybe cus I’m not actually from Minnesota (nor live in Minnesota) that I didn’t quite realize how big this rivalry truly is. My heart is pounding through my chest. If we win rush the shit out of the field!!!!! WHO HATES IOWA?!!!!!!

Top Bottom