I heard Nebraska band is coming.

blue52

Reaction score
I heard six coach buses with about 100 Nebraska band members are coming to Minnesota for the game Saturday.

Correct. They are also splitting the pre-game show with the Minnesota marching band, much like what happens at a bowl game. Nebraska band plays at 10:40 and Minnesota plays at 10:46. National anthem is at 10:56.

Just effing dandy. The worst experience I had at TCF was when OSU's tuba players couldn't understand why the people behind them had a problem with them holding their horns above their heads the entire time.

They were here 2 years ago. Penn State also has a traveling pep band.

A subset of the Minnesota marching band traveled to the Nebraska game last year, too...

Correct. They are also splitting the pre-game show with the Minnesota marching band, much like what happens at a bowl game. Nebraska band plays at 10:40 and Minnesota plays at 10:46. National anthem is at 10:56.

Cool. Then it should be reasonable to expect they (the NE band) could be out of the stadium and back on the bus by 11:10am.

If you love college football and all it entails, you should be happy about this. Having visiting bands only adds to the atmosphere of the game. I wish Iowa and Wisconsin would bring their band (of course only if we reciprocate when we play at their place), rivalry games are great with both bands present.

not a fan of this at all. Its OUR HOME GAME for OUR BAND. why would we allow this? i dont understand. I dont car e how nice nebraska fans are, they are still the enemy on saturday.

As one of the band members who visited Nebraska last year, I am really excited that their band is coming! They treated us wonderfully in Lincoln last year--they even allowed us to march out of the stadium alongside them and join in their cheers. In all it was an excellent time, and I guarantee that the UMMB is excited to return the favor!

Hearing their fight song if they score will be a little irksome, though :p

As one of the band members who visited Nebraska last year, I am really excited that their band is coming! They treated us wonderfully in Lincoln last year--they even allowed us to march out of the stadium alongside them and join in their cheers. In all it was an excellent time, and I guarantee that the UMMB is excited to return the favor!

Hearing their fight song if they score will be a little irksome, though :p

At least you said, 'IF'. :cool:

Have we won a home game in TCF when the away team brought its band? OSU, NIU, Cal, and USD all brought at least some of their band. Penn St road band.

I guess I've never understood the outrage some people have about this. Has anyone ever watched an SEC game? Perhaps the point where our program is at can warrant a discussion other bands should be here or not, but anger over it seems ridiculous to me.

I wish we could send our band more than once every 5 years. Even a 10-15 member traveling pep band sitting in the provided visitors section like what Penn State does would be awesome.

I think it only adds to the atmosphere. Just like FireDaveLee guy said, have you ever watched SEC games? Makes for a better environment. And hopefully less commercials. I just hope they are placed up in their visitor sections and not down on the field.

If you love college football and all it entails, you should be happy about this. Having visiting bands only adds to the atmosphere of the game. I wish Iowa and Wisconsin would bring their band (of course only if we reciprocate when we play at their place), rivalry games are great with both bands present.

You are f-ing nuts! Do you want to sing " Michael Rowed the Boat Ashore with visiting fans also?

You are f-ing nuts! Do you want to sing " Michael Rowed the Boat Ashore with visiting fans also?

Then maybe we shouldn't allow the visiting teams cheerleaders or mascots either!!

Show me a game where a visiting band won the game! Go get a beer or brat when they are on the field if you refuse to enjoy what they bring. Or ear plugs and blinders. Bands are a huge part of college football.

For certain, the Gophers will win one matchup this weekend; the bands. I wasn't impressed with the Husker band last year.

I enjoy having the visiting team's band in the stadium. Except for Wisconsin and Iowa. F those guys.

The mini "Script Ohio" a few years ago was one of the coolest things that's happened in TCF so far (more of an indictment on the Gopher program than anything, but still neat to watch).

I guess I've never understood the outrage some people have about this. Has anyone ever watched an SEC game? Perhaps the point where our program is at can warrant a discussion other bands should be here or not, but anger over it seems ridiculous to me.

Totally agree!!! How about Clemson/FSU last Saturday. FSU's band had the chant/chop going from before kick-off until the end.

I feel our fans get bitter b/c we've been on the Clemson end of it so often it's irritating. Win and people won't remember Nebraska's band being here at all!!!!!!!!!!

Nebraska's band is bringing brand new kazoos for this game.

I like what Gopher Band guy said. Let's return the favor of letting their band play. It will not decide the game and should make it more enjoyable. I hope our fans outnumber and make much more noise than them. Should we fans arm ourselves with Vuvuzelas?
t1larg.world.cup.vuvuzela.comment.afpgi.jpg

Attachments

• t1larg.world.cup.vuvuzela.comment.afpgi.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 7

I don't care about a visiting team's band coming. I just don't like them having the opportunity to play on the field.

It probably wouldn't bother me as much if I hadn't had to put up with half the stands being filled with the visiting teams' fans for many of these instances (NDSU, SDSU, etc.), which is what i'm expecting tomorrow as well.

Oh well. I'll get over it, and I'll be fine.

I don't care about a visiting team's band coming. I just don't like them having the opportunity to play on the field.

It probably wouldn't bother me as much if I hadn't had to put up with half the stands being filled with the visiting teams' fans for many of these instances (NDSU, SDSU, etc.), which is what i'm expecting tomorrow as well.

Oh well. I'll get over it, and I'll be fine.

That's actually a valid point that I don't object to. They don't need to play before the game and at halftime.

I like what Gopher Band guy said. Let's return the favor of letting their band play. It will not decide the game and should make it more enjoyable. I hope our fans outnumber and make much more noise than them. Should we fans arm ourselves with Vuvuzelas?

To be played only when Nebraska's band plays???

Having the opposing band at the game is great. Adds to the collegiate atmosphere, as many have pointed out. Have been to quite a few Michigan State-Michigan and Michigan State-Notre Dame games, and having both bands present at those games made the experience all the more enjoyable/memorable.

A lot of the responses in this thread show just how out of touch the fan base here is with the culture and traditions of college football. Mall of America Field at the HHH Metrodome may be closer to the experience you want if you're going to get all butt-hurt about Nebraska's band coming.

I agree completely. The atmosphere of college games is only enhanced by having...

Having the opposing band at the game is great. Adds to the collegiate atmosphere, as many have pointed out. Have been to quite a few Michigan State-Michigan and Michigan State-Notre Dame games, and having both bands present at those games made the experience all the more enjoyable/memorable.

the opposing team's band in the stadium!

I don't understand the whole attitude on this board about many things. And, perhaps this subject really perplexes me as much as any other subject. The 'battle of the bands' can really help drown out the obnoxious advertising that CONSTANTY blares from the obnoxious jumbo "bill-board" erected entirely too close to everywhere in the stadium. Sometimes there are SO MANY ads run on that scoreboard that it hardly seems like a College Game Day Saturday at all. I think having two bands there will really spice things up. I'll bet the U of M Band Members will really be in FINE FORM and their spirits will really show. They love to compete too! When the game is not being played, attention will be focused on the spirit of our band...vs...the Husker's band. What a GREAT opportunity!

College games are far superior to nfl games for a number of reasons and having the chance to have a "bowl-game-like" environment will help some of you people see what it is like to attend a bowl game.

What the heck people: there will be a LOT of Nebraska Fans in TCF BANK STADIUM for one reason and one reason only, we don't buy enough tickets ourselves and we do NOT value the opportunity to fill and celebrate Big Ten Golden Gopher Football in our own, beautiful on campus stadium. Use this as a chance to see what the fan base of a team that LOVES to travel does when given the opportunity. We had a very small taste of this last week when there was a very nice Gopher Fan crowd in Evanston.

It will be a bit like when my Gophers were playing in the MUSIC CITY BOWL Games playing against and defeating Arkansas and also playing against and defeating Alabama.

Beat the red crowd...beat the Huskers! Go Gophers!

And act with a lot of class Golden Gopher Fans. RESPOND with class...don't just react. Learn what we need to do to be a fan base that LOVES to travel and support our Gophers! GAME DAY SATURDAY can be a LOT of fun even when the opposition brings a LOT of fans AND their band. We need to start doing things like that too so that we can really support our Golden Gophers!

I enjoy having the visiting team's band in the stadium. Except for Wisconsin and Iowa. F those guys.

The mini "Script Ohio" a few years ago was one of the coolest things that's happened in TCF so far (more of an indictment on the Gopher program than anything, but still neat to watch).

Yeah F those guys. :p

Top Bottom