I hate to post this, but Iowa/Wisconsin is more than likely

Looking at the schedules, Iowa has games left vs MN and Rutgers that I could see being losses (Nebraska and Illinois turn the ball over which is what gives Iowa wins).
Wisconsin has OSU and MN left.
Iowa has 1 loss already and we realistically need everyone to get to 3 losses as we’re not beating OSU.
As far as everyone else participating…
Purdue has 2 losses and still has OSU and Mich
Illinois already has 3 losses
Nebraska already loses the tiebreaker to us
NW is NW. this game is going to come back to haunt this team either as they fight to make a bowl or if they take the leap forward and actually run the table sans OSU with either IA or WI finishing ahead of us despite losing the head to head.

So root for an Iowa win and MN to actually get their shit together on the bye and look like the team we hoped they would and that we get a little help from the football gods in the form of seeing the winner of the game drop one they shouldn’t

@upnorthkid good analysis and fair enough.

It comes down to two camps for this game: are you looking ahead to see what else might be possible, or are you dead set focused on getting the Iowa win this year.

I find myself in the latter camp, and to me that dictates rooting for Wisc to beat up Iowa.

After the MN versus Michigan debacle I'm glad the Gopher's are not going to win the west.

Top Bottom