I hate to post this, but Iowa/Wisconsin is more than likely

kg21

Reaction score
the game to see who takes the West Championship. The winner will be sacrificed in the Big 10 championship one last time.

So who would like to see win? I know it's an impossible choice, but what is your angle?

I want Wisconsin to beat Iowa up.

I want the Iowa win in hand, before allowing my mind to think of anything else for the season.

I have respect for Ferentz (other than the nepotism faux pas), how he runs the program, their attention to detail, development.

There's not much I like about Wisconsin.

I have respect for Ferentz (other than the nepotism faux pas), how he runs the program, their attention to detail, development.

There's not much I like about Wisconsin.
Interesting, I find Ferentz to be the most unlikable coach in the big ten, and maybe all of college football.

the game to see who takes the West Championship. The winner will be sacrificed in the Big 10 championship one last time.

So who would like to see win? I know it's an impossible choice, but what is your angle?
200w.gif

Kidding...1696987559445.jpeg

There’s no way Iowa wins this game.

Let's hope they beat the crap out of each other and play into triple overtime. Honestly do not care who wins. I couldn't bring myself to cheer for Iowa or Wisconsin football ever. They are equally worthless to Gopher fans!

Can't they both just explode into "smithereenies"?

The B1G 'Championship Game' will only be AT BEST the 4th most important game of the season for the B1G after Michigan/tOSU, Michigan/PSU, and tOSU/PSU. Heck, I would even argue tOSU vs. Notre Dame was more important.

^^ not untrue.

The West participant has been little more than a speed bump to the East winning the league title and the champ games have largely been duds.

Hence why TV made then switch the format to #1 vs #2

Not sure if I agree with that. If Wisconsin wins they’re definitely in the drivers seat. If Iowa wins there is up to a 4 team race with Nebraska maybe having a say.
I picked Iowa preseason but they’re just no good

If the goal is to still somehow win the West this year then Iowa winning is probably best bet because overall they are the weaker of the two and likely to have their offense cost them a game at some point.

Overall though the correct answer is 0-0 tie with tons of penalties and turnovers.

Interesting, I find Ferentz to be the most unlikable coach in the big ten, and maybe all of college football.
I think that title goes to Jimbo. If one is looking at Asst Coaches, it's Kirk Jr in a landslide.

I like both of those programs and cheer for them against every opponent except the Gophers. I don't know which I'd favor in head-to-head. I became a football fan in an age when the Gophers handled them both most of the time -- before 1961.

I like both of those programs and cheer for them against every opponent except the Gophers. I don't know which I'd favor in head-to-head. I became a football fan in an age when the Gophers handled them both most of the time -- before 1961.
Honestly I think the answer is Iowa.
Iowa is what they are. A win or loss isn’t going to change what Ferentz is. A win or a loss isn’t going to change that he is close to retirement. A win or a loss isn’t going to change who they hire to replace Kirk.

A win/loss is important in Fickell’s first year IMO.
Wisconsin has maybe the best roster in the west (it seems) because as mediocre as their QB is… The only other QB who is close right now is maybe Purdue’s?

Iowa win is better for our chances of winning the division. It'll be as uphill a battle as PJ has faced during his coaching tenure, but he can still do it. Whether or not he will is to be seen.

Yeah yeah yeah we get it, you hate them both.

Enough with meteor silliness and let’s have some actual discussion of this very important game.

Top Bottom