I guess football has changed a lot over the past 40+ years

Rick Mons

The former MN Snowman
Reaction score
I never played beyond high school (and mostly saw just the game from the bench then). But when I played, I always thought that it was a team effort and that it lasted sixty minutes of clock time. I didn't realize then that it came down to one player ... or just one set of players ... or an assistant coach/coordinator. I always understood that the head coach had ultimate responsibility but also always felt that really over-simplified things.

But apparently it now comes down to one player. ("so-and-so sucks" or "bench this player") Sometimes it apparently also (or alternatively) comes down to just one set of players (the o-line or the defense). And sometimes it apparently comes down to a coordinator or an assistant coach.
sarcasm.gif

My take? It was a pretty enjoyable game that ended up with the bad guys being able to get it done a bit better than we were. There were some mistakes by our players, their players, the refs and even Jamie. Some of the coaching decisions by our staff raised my eyebrows ... same with some decisions by the Wiscy staff.

Ultimately it's going to rest on Brewster. But it's too early to make that call yet ... at least based upon my aged perspective.

countdownclub.jpg

Top Bottom