I got back on board…here is my take

Some guy

Reaction score
I said I wouldn’t watch until they gave me a reason to watch.

They beat Michigan and Nebraska and I started to pay attention.

I watched Maryland, Indiana

I went to Iowa game 😱

Here is my take. Team is way better than last year. Athletically competitive. I was out on paying attention because people said Ihnen and Fox were game changers and I thought that was stupid.

Hawkins is great. I think we will struggle when teams make him shoot 2s by not helping. He doesn’t seem to want to finish in the lane.
Garcia has to play well to have a chance.

We shoot a lot of 3s and miss a lot of 3s.
Not sure we can win games if we are missing 3s and playing bad defense (like Iowa game).

Projection:
8-12 and he keeps his job.

Bad body language and little to no defensive effort has me back off board
I meant I was back on board paying attention.
I don’t think 8-12 should merit another year. I’m just saying I think he will get one

He'll absolutely get another year at 8-12. And I don't see this team finishing worse than 5-9 to end the season.

I said I wouldn’t watch until they gave me a reason to watch.

They beat Michigan and Nebraska and I started to pay attention.

I watched Maryland, Indiana

I went to Iowa game 😱

Here is my take. Team is way better than last year. Athletically competitive. I was out on paying attention because people said Ihnen and Fox were game changers and I thought that was stupid.

Hawkins is great. I think we will struggle when teams make him shoot 2s by not helping. He doesn’t seem to want to finish in the lane.
Garcia has to play well to have a chance.

We shoot a lot of 3s and miss a lot of 3s.
Not sure we can win games if we are missing 3s and playing bad defense (like Iowa game).

Projection:
8-12 and he keeps his job.
No extension.

This is highly probable which means 12 total conference wins in 3 seasons and Ben Johnson more than likely gets a fourth year.

Going to need at least 10 conference wins in year four to get a fifth year.

You don’t say?
I thought your post was great, and appreciated it. Just reminding of a fact that Coyle may choose to not do what makes the most sense to do, one way or the other.

I thought your post was great, and appreciated it. Just reminding of a fact that Coyle may choose to not do what makes the most sense to do, one way or the other.
Coyle dumped Whalen a year earlier than almost anyone expected him to. No telling what he'll do or not do.

Coyle dumped Whalen a year earlier than almost anyone expected him to.
Expected to, but what about should have done??

"We all expected him to hang onto the bad coach for five years too long, so we are thrilled he only did it for three years too long!"

Expected to, but what about should have done??

"We all expected him to hang onto the bad coach for five years too long, so we are thrilled he only did it for three years too long!"
The question is, when will he have seen enough? When it came to Whalen, I think he'd seen enough player exodus and an inability of the program to get any traction as a result. I don't know if there was--or would be in this case--an arbitrary minimum number of wins.

Gotcha. Sounds like Hawkins and Payne might be out now so that gives him the injury excuse.
Sounds like fairly minor injuries for both Hawkins and Payne. Season ending injuries play into an excuse for a season record, every team deals with guys missing games from time to time, that is just part of the deal.

Top Bottom