I feel sorry for coach Pitino

gopherlaney

Reaction score
I know this year has been utterly disappointing to say the least. But when I watch the games the sets we run get us the shots we want and our defensive strategy seems sound each game. In spite of the results I like what coach Pitino is doing and have faith he will win.

My intent for this thread is to not compare Pitino to Tubby. I am interested to know what the hole thinks of Coach P.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he deserves some of the blame. Tonight was another example. We came back to take the lead with EE and Buggs in at the same time in the 2nd half, but then he takes them out. Guess what happens? Penn St. goes on a 8-0 run.

I'm not going to give up on him yet and think he will get at least four years, but it's hard not to be worried about his coaching abilities right now. The blame for this season deserves to be spread around.

The best thing to come of this season is that we don't have to worry about some big time school grabbing him in the off season. He had a good recruiting class. Let's see how those guys play out and see what he can get for the '16 class

The best thing to come of this season is that we don't have to worry about some big time school grabbing him in the off season. He had a good recruiting class. Let's see how those guys play out and see what he can get for the '16 class

Only Minnesota fans would find that silver lining. Holy inferiority complex, Batman.

I still like him, but my opinion means absolutely nothing until 2 years from now. Gotta give a coach more than a couple seasons, especially when you go from Tubbys slow style to this up tempo.

Only Minnesota fans would find that silver lining. Holy inferiority complex, Batman.

with all the talk this past off-season of losing him, I thought it was a valid post. Sorry you're having such a bad night

The late game meltdowns over and over is strange. A veteran squad should simply not meltdown every single time. Have to believe it's a combination of a young coach finding his way and players with low basketball IQ.

Pitino deserves more time to get this thing up and running. At times you can see especially on the defensive side what things might look like with a team recruited to play that way.

Pitino needs more time and he will get it. Just really surprising to watch a veteran team choke away almost every late game situation.

I can't stand these kind of comments. Believe it or not, our fan base is a lot more even keel than most. These type of reactions/comments are very common.

Dear Richard, it is unacceptable to lose to Penn State in basketball!!!!

The late game meltdowns over and over is strange. A veteran squad should simply not meltdown every single time. Have to believe it's a combination of a young coach finding his way and players with low basketball IQ.

Pitino deserves more time to get this thing up and running. At times you can see especially on the defensive side what things might look like with a team recruited to play that way.

Pitino needs more time and he will get it. Just really surprising to watch a veteran team choke away almost every late game situation.

Well said. +12

I can't stand these kind of comments. Believe it or not, our fan base is a lot more even keel than most. These type of reactions/comments are very common.

On most things, yes. On losing coaches, no. Certainly no one is as paranoid as us without warrant. We've lost exactly one significant coach 30 years ago, and we can't get over it. If people in West Virginia say the same thing, at least they have a reason.

I know this year has been utterly disappointing to say the least. But when I watch the games the sets we run get us the shots we want and our defensive strategy seems sound each game. In spite of the results I like what coach Pitino is doing and have faith he will win.

My intent for this thread is to not compare Pitino to Tubby. I am interested to know what the hole thinks of Coach P.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pitino read your mind, he just said on 1500 that his message to the team is: "nobody is going to feel sorry for us, and nobody should feel sorry for us. We can't hang our heads, it's on us to correct those things. "

The late game melt downs are due to the fact that we simply do not have a legitimate "play maker." What we have are a bunch of guys standing around watching while DeAndre meanders around screens at a snails pace while the whole defense keys on him. It's nothing personal, I like him a lot when he plays within his skill set, but end of game play maker is not in his skill set, and there's not even a close second on the roster.. Maybe Mason, but he lacks the type of athletic dominion required as well. You need a player that you can put the ball in their hands in EOG situations and tell them "go score." It's not Sr leadership, it's personnel. Pitino knows it, and I'm sure he's doing everything in his power to secure that player. Hopefully Amir!!!

Agreed. Of the seniors, I will only be sorry to see Dre go. I know that others have been mocked for saying it but I'm not convinced that parental responsibilities haven't impacted Mathieu this year. He is a shell of what he was last year and at times a liability on the court.

Dear Richard, it is unacceptable to lose to Penn State in basketball!!!!

Not really. I didn't have a such a good feeling about this game going into it. The Michigan team that went to the championship game two years ago lost at Penn State when Penn State was winless through half a conference season or more.

with all the talk this past off-season of losing him, I thought it was a valid post. Sorry you're having such a bad night

It's a valid post. Sorry it came of snarky. But MN fans do have a terrible complex about this (not just you.)

A I know that others have been mocked for saying it but I'm not convinced that parental responsibilities haven't impacted Mathieu this year. He is a shell of what he was last year and at times a liability on the court.

As they should be mocked. Continuing the human race through procreation is more necessary (and a more important responsibility) than any college basketball season.

+1000. people who make these comments dont' get out of the state much, and don't talk with die hard fans outside of the state.

As they should be mocked. Continuing the human race through procreation is more necessary (and a more important responsibility) than any college basketball season.

Dumbest post of the night. Congrats.

Mathieu is a shell of the player he was last year. Fatherhood is likely a major contributor; as it would be for most of us.

Ever seen idiocracy... :p

He could have waited.

Not saying people shouldn't procreate, but the world is becoming overpopulated with earth's resources.

I'm a fan of Richard but don't feel sorry for Richard

I think people forget we were in the NCAA tournament two years ago.

If Richard's name was Bob Smith would we be this patient?

Ever seen idiocracy... :p

Yes, I have but that doesn't change the fact that you don't criticize a player for having a child. I believe Jerry Lucas had a child while playing for Ohio State.

Top Bottom