I don't like Nebraska....

Art Vandelay

Banned
Reaction score
....but I hate the BCS and a Cornhusker win will create a big mess.

NE

I'm not normally a Nebraska fan either, but I'm even less a TX fan. It would fun to shake the BCS up a bit with a Husker win.

I don't think it's possible for you to like anything.

It'd be cool to see Cincy or TCU play for all the marbles.

coolhand, you're one of the more repsected posters on this board and I appreciate the Ramble stuff so I won't comment.

That kick out of bounds and horse coller penalty were just bonehead moves for Nebraska!

I can't say the horse collar was a bonehead move. The guy was going for the tackle. These things happen. The kickoff on the other hand...wow. Terrible way to lose.

PH...that is the classic joke about the U of N. :)

Whew....I don't care if TX makes the Rose Bowl....but 2 Big 12 BCS team could have screwed the Gophers to Detroit.

That won't happen now. Thank goodness.

I do wonder if it better to play in a game that we can win vs. a better bowl. Except Detroit....don't see any benefit in playing Ohio. Thoughts?

I hope for the Alamo...and win or lose...I don't see a big difference. Except I believe I'll be able to take 3 or 4 to the game in San Antonio...which I would love. The insight would be a more winnable game for sure....vs. Mizz or ISU.

In a perfect world, voters move Texas to 4th behind TCU and Cincinnati. I can't root for Alabama because of Saban/SEC arrogance, and I can't root for Texas because they're Texas. Lame.

Nebraska's offense makes ours look unstoppable. Now the d on the other hand - outstanding.

The real bonehead move is not hiring Pelini at Minnesota instead of Brewster when we could have. He has more wins than Brewster with one less year, ouch.

Today is why I love college football. Cincy/Pitt going toe to toe for 60 min, Bama playing championship football, Tx/Neb playing a whale of a game were fun to watch. Heck, even GTech/Clemson was a great game for an Orange Bowl berth.

NCAA > NFL IMHO

I'm going to get ripped for this, but I would have rather seen the Gophers in Detroit and the BCS get shaken up with a Texas loss tonight, than to see Texas win and the planets stay aligned.

I'm just so tired of the same old, same old. I would have loved to have seen TCU in the championship game. Now, nothing changes, two powers play for the top, and I probably only casually watch the national championship game.

Oh well...

I agree Pelini is a very solid coach, but do you think he could have stood up to the media in this town? I'm serious when I say that. His reaction to the constant carping in the press might have made Brewster's tweets about Reusse look like junior high tricks.

But Pelini's going to be a great coach if he doesn't have a heart attack on the sidelines. Awesome defensive mind with both pro and college experience.

Speaking of Pelini, is there a more goober, hill-billy looking coach in the country? Someone should tell him to pull his cap down.

I'm going to get ripped for this, but I would have rather seen the Gophers in Detroit and the BCS get shaken up with a Texas loss tonight, than to see Texas win and the planets stay aligned.

I'm just so tired of the same old, same old. I would have loved to have seen TCU in the championship game. Now, nothing changes, two powers play for the top, and I probably only casually watch the national championship game.

Oh well...

Agreed. If it meant we lost out on a NYD bowl, that's a different story. But I would've loved to see TCU or Cincinnati get a shot. I also doubt I'll care much about the NC game. As I said, it's impossible to root for either, so I'll just check in occasionally.

AV..

Speaking of Pelini, is there a more goober, hill-billy looking coach in the country? Someone should tell him to pull his cap down.

...yeah...agreed...has that meathead look down pat. Perfect for the N = nowledge.

Great D coach...O not so much.

GM

I agree Pelini is a very solid coach, but do you think he could have stood up to the media in this town? I'm serious when I say that. His reaction to the constant carping in the press might have made Brewster's tweets about Reusse look like junior high tricks.

But Pelini's going to be a great coach if he doesn't have a heart attack on the sidelines. Awesome defensive mind with both pro and college experience.

I think he would have held up just fine to the media here, he would just ignore them as he has on occasion in Lincoln or state that he will not talk about that. The scrutiny at Nebraska is much greater than at Minnesota. It would have been nice to have a coach who has a philosophy and plan coming in and is at the top of his profession as a coordinator atleast. That defensive performance had to be hard for Cosgrove to watch. Does he look like a "goober", maybe but he can coach and recruit and last I checked he wasn't hired to be a model.

I Like Both Nebraska and Texas

....but I hate the BCS and a Cornhusker win will create a big mess.

Why would you dislike those programs. The Huskers and Longhorns have outstanding programs. If the Gophers were as good as either of these teams and they operated exactly the way either of them operated....you would love it. The only reason you and many others here hate them is because they are successful and you hate their fans for being so enthusiastic. You rake up all the things you have heard about them and dump it out here like it is factual. No athletic department has more ugly stuff associated with it in the last couple decades than Minnesota.

I lived in Lincoln for a few years and really enjoyed the program and their great fans. I now live in Texas and have had a couple kids go to UT and know a couple of the young men who play for the Longhorns currently, and I really enjoy the program and their great fans. I hope the Gophers get to this level soon, but the negativity from the press and fans in MSP is not compatible with building a great program. Hope that changes for everyone's sake.

Why don't you? To his face about the middle of January in Lincoln when he's got plenty of time for visitors.

Why would you dislike those programs. The Huskers and Longhorns have outstanding programs. If the Gophers were as good as either of these teams and they operated exactly the way either of them operated....you would love it. The only reason you and many others here hate them is because they are successful and you hate their fans for being so enthusiastic. You rake up all the things you have heard about them and dump it out here like it is factual. No athletic department has more ugly stuff associated with it in the last couple decades than Minnesota.

I lived in Lincoln for a few years and really enjoyed the program and their great fans. I now live in Texas and have had a couple kids go to UT and know a couple of the young men who play for the Longhorns currently, and I really enjoy the program and their great fans. I hope the Gophers get to this level soon, but the negativity from the press and fans in MSP is not compatible with building a great program. Hope that changes for everyone's sake.

So what you're pretty much saying is that if we dislike any successful programs, it's just because we're jealous? I guess Texas fans shouldn't dislike Oklahoma. Honestly, I think no one should be a big fan of one specific team, they should just be fans of everyone!

Yes posters "rake up" things they've heard about other programs, but I'm pretty sure we talk about rumors involving the Gophers way more.

That's Funny

According to Honyocker we should

No one wants to beat Iowa and Wisconsin more than me. However, if any of us grew up in Iowa or Wisconsin, you would feel differently. That is just human nature. After being around the Nebraska and Texas programs because of where I lived, I appreciated them. I hope Minnesota, my alma mater, can become as successful.

But have we done enough trashing of Tim Brewster for the year? Let's take December off from Brewster-bashing and enjoy the bowl game and the holidays.

Minnesota sports fans and writers might just qualify as America's most negative people. They are a black hole that sucks in all logic, understanding, energy, optimism and support from the team if things don't go as well as anticipated. As has been poster here before, through their first three seasons, here is how some notable B10 coaches have done:
Brewster at MN: 14 W's, 22 L's 2 bowl appearances
Ferentz at IA: 12 W's, 21 L's, 1 bowl appearance
Alvarez at WI: 11 W's, 22 L's, 0 bowl appearances

Should Alvarez and Ferentz have been fired after their first three seasons? Most readers here couldn't follow Brewster around for a day without passing out from exhaustion. And, oh my, that bombastic, optimistic, hyperbolic Brewster rubs you the wrong way, right? Minnesotans just don't act that way or appreciate people who do. But you sure can fall into line with the negativity and biting sarcasm of the majority of sports writers in MSP, guys like Jim Souhan and Pat Reusse. Nice company.

Brewster should be judged conclusively after the 2011 season when his first real recruiting class of Feb. 2008 has reached senior and R-junior status. We will know by then if he should be retained or not. The 2007 class was recruited by Glen Mason and the best of the class went elsewhere when he was fired. The upper classmen on this team are made up of arguably Mason's worst recruiting classes. Brewster will have a stable staff and legit B10 mature talent in 2011. Just remember, this is the town that hung Warmath in effigy in front of his own house....the year before he won the national championship. Go find other targets of your negativity.....this is really getting old. Very old.

No one wants to beat Iowa and Wisconsin more than me. However, if any of us grew up in Iowa or Wisconsin, you would feel differently. That is just human nature. After being around the Nebraska and Texas programs because of where I lived, I appreciated them. I hope Minnesota, my alma mater, can become as successful.

But have we done enough trashing of Tim Brewster for the year? Let's take December off from Brewster-bashing and enjoy the bowl game and the holidays.

Minnesota sports fans and writers might just qualify as America's most negative people. They are a black hole that sucks in all logic, understanding, energy, optimism and support from the team if things don't go as well as anticipated. As has been poster here before, through their first three seasons, here is how some notable B10 coaches have done:
Brewster at MN: 14 W's, 22 L's 2 bowl appearances
Ferentz at IA: 12 W's, 21 L's, 1 bowl appearance
Alvarez at WI: 11 W's, 22 L's, 0 bowl appearances

Should Alvarez and Ferentz have been fired after their first three seasons? Most readers here couldn't follow Brewster around for a day without passing out from exhaustion. And, oh my, that bombastic, optimistic, hyperbolic Brewster rubs you the wrong way, right? Minnesotans just don't act that way or appreciate people who do. But you sure can fall into line with the negativity and biting sarcasm of the majority of sports writers in MSP, guys like Jim Souhan and Pat Reusse. Nice company.

Brewster should be judged conclusively after the 2011 season when his first real recruiting class of Feb. 2008 has reached senior and R-junior status. We will know by then if he should be retained or not. The 2007 class was recruited by Glen Mason and the best of the class went elsewhere when he was fired. The upper classmen on this team are made up of arguably Mason's worst recruiting classes. Brewster will have a stable staff and legit B10 mature talent in 2011. Just remember, this is the town that hung Warmath in effigy in front of his own house....the year before he won the national championship. Go find other targets of your negativity.....this is really getting old. Very old.

Did Iowa or Sconny go to a bowl game the year before Ferentz and Alvarez were hired?

It's not apples to apples.

Top Bottom