I don't know what to think about this team

when you have to play your 3 best players as many minutes as Carr, Oturu, and Gabe it shows the lack of talent and depth on the roster. they are running out of gas....especially Carr the last 5 or 6 games

when you have to play your 3 best players as many minutes as Carr, Oturu, and Gabe it shows the lack of talent and depth on the roster. they are running out of gas....especially Carr the last 5 or 6 games
100% agree. How does a coach who has been at a school for 7 years only has 1 PG on the roster and it’s a player who transferred not someone he actually recruited. As good as Gabe has been, it is a huge problem that he is the 3rd best player on the roster. His skill set is best suited as a spot up shooter/defender. He has to create with this team by no one besides Carr can. And I know most wont agree with me but Willis, Demir, Hurt, Greenlee, Freeman are not and will not ever be Big Ten Caliber players. I don’t understand why Pitino keeps bringing in these caliber players. As a coach, if you decide to bring in these type of players you better work your ass off to make sure they develop or you will be set back from a depth standpoint for years. Just like Gaston & Bakary you cant take flyers on those type of players without an already deep roster or a plan to develop them. Oturo, Carr, Gabe, and Ihen maybe Williams are the players who look like they can actually play Big Ten basketball. Willis and Demir both look like wasted scholarships

Top Bottom