I 👃a 5-2 finish. What 👃 you?

How many Ws in the home stretch?

• Total voters

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
A three game winning streak, followed by two losses which featured our 2 best halves of buckets =improvement.

It’s percolating and is about to culminate in one of the most spectacular, surreal & successful runs in MN sports history.
This includes winning 2 of 3 on the road

The 👃wussed out on posting before the Purdue game, but he’s back with a vengeance and ready to -

A three game winning streak, followed by two losses which featured our 2 best halves of buckets =improvement.

It’s percolating and is about to culminate in one of the most spectacular, surreal & successful runs in MN sports history.
Thus includes winning 2 of 3 on the road

The 👃wussed out on posting before the Purdue game, but he’s back with a vengeance and ready to -

If they are winning 2/3 on road.

What home game they dropping?? Not good Ls to be taking there.

If they are winning 2/3 on road.

What home game they dropping?? Not good Ls to be taking there.
Just like most things in life, it’s not a perfect process.

My completely, possibly wrong & asinine, guess would be Indiana, as we always seem to have trouble with them.

If my unscientific prediction comes to fruition, that gets us to 20 and we win 2 in the tournament to secure one of the most unlucky NCAA bids in recent memory.

Grown men with weep, as we do not cry.

Last edited:

Won't be surprised to see us finish 4-3 or maybe 5-2 if we keep playing the way we have in this recent stretch.

Expect most games to be a battle but the 4 home games are all very winnable if we play well. Nebraska is really good at home so that will be a tough one. Illinois is the best chance we will have this year to steal a big road win, they are good but haven't been overly impressed by them the handful of times I have seen them play this year.

The Northwestern game at the end of the season could be interesting as I feel like we matchup really well with them and they just lost a key guard to a season ending injury. Going to be interesting to see how they play without him. That could be where win 5 comes from if we hold serve at home.

I think the game against Rutgers this weekend is easily the toughest home game left on the schedule. Get through that one and I like our chances of winning the other three.

Rutgers... they are playing much better but should be a W
OSU - lost a coach... W
Nebraska...... well I'm thinking L
Illinois.... simple L (but they lead the league in TOs
PSU - this is the game they really need.... 50/50(I will say W cause it's a home game)
Indiana.....I think we match up well with IU. W
NW..... W.... very deplete roster with no bench.

4-2 and a 50/50

OSU - lost a coach... W
PSU - this is the game they really need.... 50/50(I will say W cause it's a home game)

4-2 and a 50/50
So 5-2

Permission to board!

Thought the ceiling for this team early on was 10-10 in BT. Given the Iowa collapse, FT mishaps vs. Wisco, and first half vs. Perdue, the actual ceiling may have been closer to 12-8. That said, will still be ecstatic if they can snag 4 more wins. While some folks here will scoff at being satisfied with a middle of the pack finish and NIT invite in a lackluster Big Ten, the fact of the matter is the Gophers have been .500 or better in big ten play ONCE since 2010.

Huge homestand here. Bring the energy and play hungry to snap the skid and they should have no trouble being 8-7 which would put them in great position to get to 10. So I'll go 4-3.

Sweep the home games and it's 10-10. That should be our floor expectation the way they are playing. This team hasn't lost a conference game by more than 12 points. Average of 8 pts/game across the 7 losses.

This team is primed for a really strong finish. Get a good seed and hometown crowd and the stars could align for some real excitement down the stretch.

5-2 or 6-1. IF they beat Rutgers, they will go on a run. Illinois is NOT THAT GOOD and that will be their statement win. NWern is done and so is OSU, PSU and Indiana.

This team is playing good. Take away the last 10 minutes of the Iowa game.
PS this is more hope than what I think will actually happen. 4-3 is most likely

2 biggest missed chances this season. Wisconsin at our place, Iowa on the road. Our biggest rivals. If they miss postseason play, these will be the ones they will look back on.

Payne was struggling at the end of the game with his back again. We need him healthy on Sunday.
The non-foul call on the attempted alley-oop was quite a tumble. The cherry on top was when Hummer said since the pass was too high it shouldn’t be a foul, as it wasn’t “catchable”; wrong sport Robbie.

Sweep the home games and it's 10-10. That should be our floor expectation the way they are playing. This team hasn't lost a conference game by more than 12 points. Average of 8 pts/game across the 7 losses.

This team is primed for a really strong finish. Get a good seed and hometown crowd and the stars could align for some real excitement down the stretch.
The Big Ten tournament being in Minneapolis adds an interesting wrinkle to things with the way this team is playing right now.

If we can benefit from a home crowd feel it isn't out of the realm of possibility this team could go on a run in the tournament. Big ten teams have been dominant at home but many of them struggle away from their building. Purdue will be the easy favorite to win the tournament but if they stumble it could be wide open.

Huge homestand here. Bring the energy and play hungry to snap the skid and they should have no trouble being 8-7 which would put them in great position to get to 10. So I'll go 4-3.

You should change your vote then since you picked only 3 wins in the poll above.

I said 4-3. Winning all the home games and losing all the road games probably being the most likely outcome. I there’s a chance we could struggle with Indiana’s size or Penn State’s press, or whatever Rutgers is doing now that has them winning some games. I guess we’ll see if Ohio State is demoralized and packing it in after Holtmann’s firing or if they’re playing loose and take it up another level.

Northwestern on the road without Ty Berry might be winnable. Nebraska and Illinois could be tough.

Potential concern with the friendly environment for the Big Ten Tournament is there could possibly be a lot of Wisconsin fans there if they feel they have a good shot at winning the whole thing, and since so many of them already live here.

The Big Ten tournament being in Minneapolis adds an interesting wrinkle to things with the way this team is playing right now.

If we can benefit from a home crowd feel it isn't out of the realm of possibility this team could go on a run in the tournament. Big ten teams have been dominant at home but many of them struggle away from their building. Purdue will be the easy favorite to win the tournament but if they stumble it could be wide open.
Amen brother.

I think there's an outside shot we get in the dance with 5+ wins in the final 7 plus a couple wins in the BTT.

I also think there's an outside chance we win the BTT.

I'm a homer, but the Big 10 isn't that good this year (Minus Purdue) and we are starting to find our way.

OSU - lost a coach... W

4-2 and a 50/50
Illinois averages 10 turnovers a game in league play which is 4th best. Not sure where you got your stats.

Minnesota averages 11.8.

Illinois averages 10 turnovers a game in league play which is 4th best. Not sure where you got your stats.

Minnesota averages 11.8.
Heard it from an annoucer the other night....apparently he was wrong

Its so difficult to predict BTN this year! Home is a huge advantage. If the Big Ten is down/lackluster, all of college basketball is as well. I don't buy it. My 10-10 pre-season call was from a belief that this team could play with anyone in the conf. Fox and Christie have exceeded expectations, so it could be higher. All I really, really want is for this MN team to have a chance to win every remaining game. If that's the case, they will win a good share of them due to home court advantage plus BTN Tourney.

Its so difficult to predict BTN this year! Home is a huge advantage. If the Big Ten is down/lackluster, all of college basketball is as well. I don't buy it. My 10-10 pre-season call was from a belief that this team could play with anyone in the conf. Fox and Christie have exceeded expectations, so it could be higher. All I really, really want is for this MN team to have a chance to win every remaining game. If that's the case, they will win a good share of them due to home court advantage plus BTN Tourney.
This.
I thought 8 BIG wins and NIT was the ceiling for this squad. Hope we get both. Anything more would be a cherry on the top.

I have a feeling there is going to be a fight, multiple technical fouls, and possibly an ejection in this game. Rutgers is so physical and somewhat chippy, I don’t see some of our guys having it. Super meaninful game with high tension. We shoot better, but hope we are able to grab more rebounds.

I have a feeling there is going to be a fight, multiple technical fouls, and possibly an ejection in this game. Rutgers is so physical and somewhat chippy, I don’t see some of our guys having it. Super meaninful game with high tension. We shoot better, but hope we are able to grab more rebounds.
If PP is healthy, he’s gonna work Cliff

Wow I had no idea the BTT was in Minneapolis, that’s huge

I don't see a loss on the schedule. Well, on the rest of the schedule.

Top Bottom