I’m the problem, it’s me

Some guy

Reaction score
I am missing my first (non Covid year) Iowa game since 2015 today. That’s right. Last time I missed was a home game and a win. I was sick as a dog.

I can’t go this weekend.
If we win, I’ll never travel to Iowa city again.

My all time record seeing gophers @ Iowa is 0-9

** I have been to a live win over Iowa before though

I am missing my first (non Covid year) Iowa game since 2015 today. That’s right. Last time I missed was a home game and a win. I was sick as a dog.

I can’t go this weekend.

You sound like me. :ROFLMAO: I broke game day "rituals" as far as attire Northwestern week...

You sound like me. :ROFLMAO: I broke game day "rituals" as far as attire Northwestern week...
It’s funny. Because I actually have a winning record
@ penn state - edit, I’m wrong..I am .500 at penn state
@ Michigan state
@ Nebraska

Can’t buy a win
@purdue
@ Wisconsin
@ Indiana
@ northwestern
@ Iowa

Only original Big 11 schools I haven’t been to are Michigan and Ohio state

Good. I’m glad you’re being part of the solution and staying home. Change your best.

You sonuvabitch…

0-7 career record for this guy for Gophs game in IC:
One of these years it'll flip...might as well be on Saturday!!!
You’re clearly part of the problem too. How about you be like some guy and stay far tf away from iowa city on Saturday.

I do share of this blame. I was watching the game on my deck until Darius Taylor's TD run and then I went inside to finish watching it in the living room.

So maybe that's why I didn't come down too hard on Redding for fielding that punt in the end zone, we both had completely avoidable mental gaffes that profoundly impacted our inevitable collapse.

Good luck!

I’ve had fun going even in the losses.
I like the Iowa fans in IC better than the Iowa fans in Minneapolis
I am 0-3 in Iowa City.:( I was planning on going before the season started, then realized it wouldn't work due to work and family obligations.

I changed my best here. Gophers will win!;)

Lot of sound reasoning in this thread and you should all be ashamed of yourselves for letting the team down. :)
giphy.gif

It’s funny. Because I actually have a winning record
@ penn state - edit, I’m wrong..I am .500 at penn state
@ Michigan state
@ Nebraska

Can’t buy a win
@purdue
@ Wisconsin
@ Indiana
@ northwestern
@ Iowa

Only original Big 11 schools I haven’t been to are Michigan and Ohio state
You reminded me of my road record. Pathetic. 1-13:(

Can we sponsor a ticket and travel arrangements for you?
Most were nonconference.
2014 E Illinois
2015 Ohio
2016 Oregon State
2017 Buffalo
2018 NMSU
2019 Nebraska
2021@Colorado
2021 Miami
2022 Colorado
2023 E Michigan

1-5 in Iowa City for me.

99, 01, 03, 07, 15, 19

I'm also 1-1 in Columbus (00 & 02)....I'm thinking I'll never go there again so I can keep my record at .500.
You’re going to Columbus this year, right?

I’m undefeated in Champaign-Urbana, Syracuse, Boulder, Ft. Collins, San Diego, Las Cruces, Las Vegas, and Murfreesboro.

I can’t go this weekend.

Shake it off, buddy. We got your back.

I was at the '14 blowout win then moved to Florida eight months later. It was the last game I saw live. I share some responsibility also. Please accept my sincere apologies!

The only Iowa game I've attended is the last one we won in 1999. There are three things that stand out about that game for me.

We had to knock down a pass at the goal line to seal the win. I remember it being something like a 20 yard pass. I could be off on the distance.

The other thing that stood out to me was this was my first ever road, big 10, game. We played in the stale metrodome. This was a sunny day and the uniforms and colors were out of this world.

The other thing that really sticks out to me was walking on this very long trail to get in. I couldn't believe the tail gating. It was black and gold all over the place with the grilling and smells of actual tail gating. I kept thinking of the metrodome and the experience which was nothing like we had.

Last edited:

Gophers last won the Big Ten in the fall of 1967. I was born shortly afterward. You can pin 55 years of Gopher football futility on me.
You and me both. I was born the day we beat Michigan. My dad missed it because of me.

Top Bottom