Huskers TE arrested.

Nebraska needs a sign I guess:

BM-p4yoCEAEhqan.jpg

Not a good chance of waiver young man Get your life headed to a better place.

All caps didn’t work. They should look into larger font or bold font on the “STEALING” part.
I used to have another pic from another school (also red but not Nebraska) where they clearly chose to add "women" to their respect line after the fact. Probabbly after some incodents.

I used to have another pic from another school (also red but not Nebraska) where they clearly chose to add "women" to their respect line after the fact. Probabbly after some incodents.

I think that is Ohio State.

1693320684088.png

Go Gophers!!

Very sad story, the pathos of ruining your life for stealing trash and not being smart enough to realize a store like that is likely to have an alarm system.

Yikes. Not sure what goes through a young man’s head where he’s a five star recruit to Georgia, transfers to still “big time” Neb … but you think you need to steal $1600 worth of stuff from a store???

How??

I realize, some of the places some of these recruits come from are steeped and buried in poverty. It’s just a different upbringing. I have no idea if that applies here. And/or if this is a mental health thing.

Hope he gets help he needs. Wouldn’t count on playing this year.

semi-serious question:

in states where recreational pot is legal - would a college athlete be able to sign an NIL deal with a dispensary? Or a liquor store for that matter?

as long as the athlete is not using any substances that would violate team rules, in theory he or she should be free to sign any endorsement deals they want. another idea - a player from UNLV does an NIL deal with a legal brothel. if it's a legal business, why not?

The school does, and should, have the ability to reject NIL deals with substance companies. Just a bad look. Would think that violates NCAA policy to boot.

Some on here would say he was practicing for Minneapolis?

Very sad story, the pathos of ruining your life for stealing trash and not being smart enough to realize a store like that is likely to have an alarm system.
So its not THAT he stole, it's WHAT he stole. And not being smart enough to realize there would be an alarm system.
Heh

semi-serious question:

in states where recreational pot is legal - would a college athlete be able to sign an NIL deal with a dispensary? Or a liquor store for that matter?

as long as the athlete is not using any substances that would violate team rules, in theory he or she should be free to sign any endorsement deals they want. another idea - a player from UNLV does an NIL deal with a legal brothel. if it's a legal business, why not?
Have not heard of that happening, but I like your thinking. Prostitution is not legal in Clark County where Las Vegas is located, but it is in Nye County, about 40 miles away. I think that strip joints would be a better idea, there are tons of them, a couple are a 3-wood shot from Allegiant Stadium.

I thought paying the players would solve all the problems
Players deserve to be paid - schools making hundreds of millions off of them. I don't know how that issue relates to a utopian vision of conduct where every player is a pillar of their community (and smart).

Top Bottom