Howard Pulley to play four games in Dallas

Chris Monter

Reaction score
Howard Pulley, which finished 1-2 in Sacramento with a game against E1T1 not played in Sacramento. They will face Travelers (KY) at 11:30, who were 2-2 in Sacramento. They are led by Vandy commit Cameron Justice, who averaged 14.2 points in EYBL play.

Puilley's second game is at 4 versus Team United (NC), who is 1-3. They are led by 6-8 Luke Maye.

Pulley faces 4-0 Athletes First (OK) at 9AM Sunday. They are led by Alonzo Trier, who is averaging 28.5 points per game and has a Minnesota offer.

Their final game is against 1-3 The Family (MI). They are led by 6-6 guard A.J. Turner.

Chris Monter

Howard Pulley rallied from a nine-point halftime deficit to defeat Travelers (KY) 60-57 on the opening game of the Dallas EYBL event. Jarvis Johnson led Pulley with 14 points. DeLaSalle teammate Sacar Anim added 13 and Joe Rosga had 10. Sam Neumann contributed with 12 rebounds.

Howard Pulley rallied from an eleven-point halftime deficit to beat Team United (NC) 63-56 in their second game of the day Saturday. Amir Coffey paced Howard Pulley with 16 points, Sacar Anim added 14. Sam Neumann chipped in with eleven points and nine boards. Brock Bertram added nine points and nine boards.

Pulley faces 5-1 Athletes First (OK) at 9AM Sunday. They are led by Alonzo Trier, who is averaging 28.2 points per game and has a Minnesota offer. He scored 29 and 26 points in his two games Saturday as they defeated Expressions Elite 77-71 and fell to The Family 79-78. Pulley plays The Family in their second game Sunday.

I like prospect of Islander combo Sacar and Jarvis committing to gophers.

Is Illikainen not playing with them this weekend? Odd to not see his name among the top scorers for multiple games.

Pulley lost to Athletes First (OK) 76-70 Sunday. Sacar Anim led Pulley with 25 points and Jarvis Johnson added eleven. Alonzo Trier, who has a Minnesota offer, had 26 points for Athletes First. Pulley was just 23 of 60 from the field, while Athletes First was 23 of 50. Athletes First was 24 of 25 from the free throw line, while Pulley was 16 of 25. Pulley was outrebounded 36-25.

I like prospect of Islander combo Sacar and Jarvis committing to gophers.

Sacar needs a offer before he will commit(shooting mechanics are his main issue). Alex who looks 6'8" does not have the strength/size/athleticism to do work down low on a regular basis at EYBL level. More of a developing stretch 4 prospect.

Sacar needs a offer before he will commit(shooting mechanics are his main issue)

Well away he has no offer pal.

I never saw alarming issues with his shooting mechanics when I have watched him. Players have varying strokes, it's too late to change his shot, just minor tweaks and getting lots of shots up. Like his game.

Pulley bounced back from a earlier loss to defeat The Family (MI) 69-59. Amir Coffey led the way with 24 points and 14 rebounds. He made four three-pointers. Sacar Anim and Sam Neumann added 13 points each as Pulley finished 3-1 in Dallas. They will play in Hampton, Virginia next weekend

Looks like Alex had 4p/5r against Travelers, 4 and 4 versus Team United, and 4/4 against Athletes First and the same numbers against the Family. He was putting up much better scoring numbers before this tourney. I wonder if it was much more physical? Also realizing this is Alex's first year playing this kind of competition in AAU which fits some people's game more than others.

Okay, total noob question. Is Howard Pulley a league or a team?
In past years, many of the players played in "Howard Pulley", no?
So confused... about this and life.

Okay, total noob question. Is Howard Pulley a league or a team?
In past years, many of the players played in "Howard Pulley", no?
So confused... about this and life.

It's an AAU team. In past years there was also a Pulley pro/am summer league that featured pros, former pros, Gophers, former Gophers, and elite HS kids in the area. I think that league is no more though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom