Howard Pulley Day 1 Rundown

Yes...his shot reminds me a bit like Jon Leuer's from Bucky...and we all know he couldn't score for crap...:rolleyes: Although he is ~2 inches shorter...
Problem I see w/Oto's shot vs. Hoff or Leuer is that he shoots from his mid-section, effectively eliminating his height advantage. Both Hoff and Leuer start the ball at nearly their eyeballs, and shoot it practically above their head. Plus, Hoff's release is about 3 seconds quicker than Oto's. Leuer's takes longer, but he's also 3 inches taller than Oto, and releases it about 3-6 inches above him as well, effectively making him 6-9 inches taller in his shooting form.

We'll see how it plays out.

Problem I see w/Oto's shot vs. Hoff or Leuer is that he shoots from his mid-section, effectively eliminating his height advantage. Both Hoff and Leuer start the ball at nearly their eyeballs, and shoot it practically above their head. Plus, Hoff's release is about 3 seconds quicker than Oto's. Leuer's takes longer, but he's also 3 inches taller than Oto, and releases it about 3-6 inches above him as well, effectively making him 6-9 inches taller in his shooting form.

We'll see how it plays out.

What could help Oto is if he has a drive (Blake didn't) or a Back to the basket game. The more doubt you can create in the defenders mind about what you are going to do, the easier it is to score.

Have you seen John Shurna shoot? That is an ugly, low release but it goes in.

Top Bottom