How would you address the team?

year of the gopher

Section 117, Row 4
Reaction score
Okay, this may be an odd thread but it's probably as germane as many of the others out there. How would you address the players tomorrow at 2:15.

Me? I'd go all Herb Brooks paraphrased.

Great moments are born of great opportunity. And that's what you have here today. That's what you've earned here today. One game. If we played em ten times they might win 9. Not this game, not today.

Tonight we run with 'em. Tonight we hit with 'em and we shut them down because we can. Today we are the greatest football team in the Big Ten. You werre born to be football players, every one of you. You were meant to be here today. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. And I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great football team Wisconsin has. Screw 'em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it.

I'm tired of hearing how great a football team the Vadgers have.......SCREW 'EM!

Guessing most of the players have not heard the speech. Guessing most of the players don't know who Herb Brooks is. It may sound
cliche to some of us but it just may be "fresh" to our team. It's a great speech. I love the quote: "Great moments are born from great opportunity.
And that's what you have here today! That's what you earned..." So, cool. Odds or perception seems about the same too today.

**** it, more inspirational speeches. I'm gettin amped.

This is where a coach needs to be able to read the mood of a team, and figure out what they need to be ready. If they're too hyped up, a big rah-rah speech may not be needed.

Of course, if it was me, I would say, "let's go out there and kick these mother*****s in the teeth." But that's just me............

Top Bottom