How will you greet Jerry Kill at the game?

• Standing ovation

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • I will chant “JERRY JERRY JERRY”

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Polite golf clap

Votes: 49 36.3%
  • I will ignore him like any other low major D1 coach

Votes: 51 37.8%
  • I will boo and hiss loudly

Votes: 22 16.3%
  • I will throw batteries at him like I did Chuck Knoblauch

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters

Stan

Reaction score

As a proud owner of a Jerrysota shirt--I will politely clap like I do whenever I'm not paying attention to the pre-game announcements for the other team.

I'll wildly boo Scotty Frost though

I think they threw hot dogs (not batteries) at Knoblauch. It was dollar dog night at the dome.
That's how I remembered it as well. He had been banished to left field due to an odd throwing issue, a la Steve Sax, and so was an easy target.

If I was going to the game, this is what I would say:
soup-seinfeld.gif

Just a polite clap, or no reaction. Not going to boo. It's not really important. Seeing the Gophers win is what is important.

There is a balance sheet for me. On one side there is all the good work that Kill did to pull the program to a level of respect. On the other side there is his petty self-produced war with the University and the current coach. For me the net result doesn't call for booing but it also doesn't deserve the warm tidings and standing ovation he would have earned if he hadn't screwed it up all by himself. Result: Polite golf applause from me.

I'll be holding a beer and won't be able to clap.

Regardless of the past few years' weirdness, I do appreciate that Kill competed respectably in the BG10 unlike Brewster and Wacker.

I hope the video and sound guys are on their game like they were during the Wisconsin game.

I'd love to see the clip of Kill saying "Do I think Fleck is about the players? No" and then immediately flash over to signs of Jerrysota from yesteryear.

I enjoyed what Jerry did while he was here. I'm less pleased by his behavior after the fact.

I don't usually boo or cheer the opposing team. I won't change that this time.

As far as I'm concerned professional respect for the opposing team doesn't change even if I'm not a fan of the coach.

This poll seems to indicate that "Minnesota Nice" is alive and well.

Keep in mind that a lot of people at the game will be there for the event or because someone asked them to come along. They won't have any clue there is a potential reason to boo the opposing coach. And, a lot of kids will be there too. Kill's tenure here would be half a lifetime ago for a 15 year old. You'd have to be plugged in a bit, a fan of college football, plus the type of person that boos to go after Kill tomorrow night. My guess is there won't be a ton of people meeting that description at the game.

Yes. Along with the PA address to "STOP THAT!"
I was at that game. Bob Casey was totally freaking out on the PA. I remember he said "Ladies and gentlemen, this is a CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! NOW QUIT IT!"

Of course, it was not a championship game, which made it all the more funny. It was some meaningless game in April or May or something. The crowd in left field that was throwing everything didn't calm down until TK finally came out and put his arm around Knoblauch.

I think they threw hot dogs (not batteries) at Knoblauch. It was dollar dog night at the dome.
I was at the Dome that night. Only crazier thing I saw in person for a Twins game was the rain delay vs the Angels in 1986 with the lights swaying from the roof perpendicular to the ground.

I was at that game. Bob Casey was totally freaking out on the PA. I remember he said "Ladies and gentlemen, this is a CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! NOW QUIT IT!"

Of course, it was not a championship game, which made it all the more funny. It was some meaningless game in April or May or something. The crowd in left field that was throwing everything didn't calm down until TK finally came out and put his arm around Knoblauch.
Bob was the kind of guy you just auto filtered the inaccurate info or other things and just accepted it for the meaning behind it... and maybe just enjoyed the rest ;)

Jerry who?

Like I waste a moment of thought on the opposition’s coach.

People brought batteries to the game?
That was always my thought on the situation as well. Did they have a stash of used batteries around the house?

I think there was a series of incidents around that time when drunken idiots at Yankee Stadium, and possibly some others (Philly comes to mind) were throwing batteries at opposing players fairly often. Most of that left field section was probably drunk college guys going for cheap hot dogs who saw that on Sportscenter and thought "we should do that too!"

Top Bottom