How will we do with our portal additions?

What grade do you expect?

• Total voters

Garbage take as always.

He played 9 until Ihnen couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. He then played 8 until JOJ started pouting because he wasn't starting anymore. Not to mention he played only 7 players 4 times the entire season.
I'm not going to verify your four times...it's the reality ... all three years the majority of the conference season it his preference to play 6 or 7. If it is 4X you are ignoring the 1 minute at the end of the game occurrences, the times somebody fouls out and he's forced to play somebody else etc Somebody gets in the first half because somebody gets 2 fouls but they don't play in the second half. The circumstances of the 3 or 4 minute stints to go past 7...somebody gets dinged up. You are not seeing intent.

If it's a true 8 man rotation they are all playing in the first half and the second half. Sometimes fouls force him to substitute. Not exactly the same thing.

If you are watching and listening...he says he wants to play 7 and demonstrates that.

There hasn’t been an abundance of commitments yet that I’ve seen.

That is true. He's off to a slow start. It's still early though, there are 20 more days until the portal closes, and grad transfers can enter at any time. People need to remember that we got Hawkins in the middle of May after three consecutive failures (Claudel Harris, Latrell Wrightsell, and Charles Pride) to land another guard. Turns out that Hawkins did more for us than any of the others likely would have. Harris is in the portal again. Wonder if he's been contacted?

The evidence from the past is that Johnson has the ability to land some good players from the portal. The problem is that he has never managed to pick up as many as he really needs.

I'm not going to verify your four times...it's the reality ... all three years the majority of the conference season it his preference to play 6 or 7. If it is 4X you are ignoring the 1 minute at the end of the game occurrences, the times somebody fouls out and he's forced to play somebody else etc Somebody gets in the first half because somebody gets 2 fouls but they don't play in the second half. The circumstances of the 3 or 4 minute stints to go past 7...somebody gets dinged up. You are not seeing intent.

If it's a true 8 man rotation they are all playing in the first half and the second half. Sometimes fouls force him to substitute. Not exactly the same thing.

If you are watching and listening...he says he wants to play 7 and demonstrates that.
I'm sure you were locked in and paid full attention while you didn't comment on the board for 3 months after basically predicting they wouldn't win a B1G game.

I'm sure you were locked in and paid full attention while you didn't comment on the board for 3 months after basically predicting they wouldn't win a B1G game.
You know for a guy who researches the oddest things...you'll find I post about 100 times a month pretty consistently. I posted a little less in February because I was traveling for three weeks. I'm also trying REALLY hard to post less because certain people are just too annoying to read and respond too. I probably should utilize the block feature and maybe I'd enjoy Gopherhole more.
But, I truly would like to waste less time posting and make better use of my time.
And then I wouldn't have to correct your idea I didn't post at all, when the truth is it has averaged about 100 X a month.
You are consistent.
You are also exaggerating a bit characterizing my prediction. I was confident the Gophers would finish in the bottom four again. And they did. But they won some tie breakers to elude the distinction.

You know for a guy who researches the oddest things...you'll find I post about 100 times a month pretty consistently. I posted a little less in February because I was traveling for three weeks. I'm also trying REALLY hard to post less because certain people are just too annoying to read and respond too. I probably should utilize the block feature and maybe I'd enjoy Gopherhole more.
But, I truly would like to waste less time posting and make better use of my time.
And then I wouldn't have to correct your idea I didn't post at all, when the truth is it has averaged about 100 X a month.
You are consistent.
You are also exaggerating a bit characterizing my prediction. I was confident the Gophers would finish in the bottom four again. And they did. But they won some tie breakers to elude the distinction.
Don't worry I'll help your memory. There's also a bunch of other bozos posting like you pretending they know everything in that thread as well so don't feel too bad.

What does the sentiment on a message board have to do with Johnson?
? uh, not sure what this means, but when the sentiment is related to Johnson and his performance, kind of everything

That is true. He's off to a slow start. It's still early though, there are 20 more days until the portal closes, and grad transfers can enter at any time. People need to remember that we got Hawkins in the middle of May after three consecutive failures (Claudel Harris, Latrell Wrightsell, and Charles Pride) to land another guard. Turns out that Hawkins did more for us than any of the others likely would have. Harris is in the portal again. Wonder if he's been contacted?

The evidence from the past is that Johnson has the ability to land some good players from the portal. The problem is that he has never managed to pick up as many as he really needs.
According to RJ, Cornell G transfer Isiah Gray will be visiting visiting today or tomorrow. Got get him Ben!

? uh, not sure what this means, but when the sentiment is related to Johnson and his performance, kind of everything
It means that posters and message boards have exactly nothing to do with who is the basketball coach at the University of Minnesota.

According to RJ, Cornell G transfer Isiah Gray will be visiting visiting today or tomorrow. Got get him Ben!

I was impressed by him against Ohio State in their NIT game and I hope we do get him. I'm more concerned with big men recruits though. The supply of capable big men recruits is smaller than the supply of guards and also dwindles more quickly.

You know for a guy who researches the oddest things.. 1).you'll find I post about 100 times a month pretty consistently. 2) I posted a little less in February because I was traveling for three weeks. 3) I'm also trying REALLY hard to post less because certain people are just too annoying to read and respond too. I probably should utilize the block feature and maybe I'd enjoy Gopherhole more.
4) But, I truly would like to waste less time posting and make better use of my time.
You are consistent.
5) You are also exaggerating a bit characterizing my prediction. I was confident the Gophers would finish in the bottom four again. And they did. But they won some tie breakers to elude the distinction.

1) I'll take your word for it. Even Job wouldn't have the patience or endurance to read through 100 of your posts in a month.

2) And don't think that wasn't appreciated!

3) Back at cha! We know the feeling.

4) Nobody is stopping you.

5) If he is exaggerating, it isn't by much. You know, in addition to being repugnantly annoying, you're also disgustingly dishonest in your characterization of your past remarks and moving the goalposts when people call you on them or when the team surpassed your expectations. I remember your statements last offseason: "Who could this team beat in conference? Who could they finish ahead of?" Well, you now have your answer. They won 9 games in conference and beat far more teams than you ever predicted they would. At least have the decency to own your own remarks and predictions (which were more stridently stated than even the average around this place).

South Carolina girls just won the National Championship playing 9 girls every game somewhere between 12 and 17 minutes each minimum. Regular season, close games and NCAA Tournament games....consistent minutes for 9 girls.
I'm telling y'all it is the formula in the present times. Kids want consistent roles, they want to do it as a group/team. Team morale is better and you increase odds people improve over the season and that any of your nine gets hot on a game night.
Women actually.

It means that posters and message boards have exactly nothing to do with who is the basketball coach at the University of Minnesota.
No shit, Idk how anyone can glean that from my og post

I was saying sentiment on here has changed

1) I'll take your word for it. Even Job wouldn't have the patience or endurance to read through 100 of your posts in a month.

2) And don't think that wasn't appreciated!

3) Back at cha! We know the feeling.

4) Nobody is stopping you.

5) If he is exaggerating, it isn't by much. You know, in addition to being repugnantly annoying, you're also disgustingly dishonest in your characterization of your past remarks and moving the goalposts when people call you on them or when the team surpassed your expectations. I remember your statements last offseason: "Who could this team beat in conference? Who could they finish ahead of?" Well, you now have your answer. They won 9 games in conference and beat far more teams than you ever predicted they would. At least have the decency to own your own remarks and predictions (which were more stridently stated than even the average around this place).
I'll let you research it...I have said I was wrong in posts. I have said I was surprised in posts.
They still tied for a bottom four in the conference record. It is not like we were selected for the NCAA tournament.
How many times a year do you post something turns out to be even that close to accurate?

I'll let you research it...I have said I was wrong in posts. I have said I was surprised in posts.
They still tied for a bottom four in the conference record. It is not like we were selected for the NCAA tournament.
How many times a year do you post something turns out to be even that close to accurate?

Actually, my preseason prediction was about right on the money. I said that with this roster and this schedule, Johnson's team CAN and SHOULD go 17-14 to save his job but that 18-13 was even better and a fair target. So, I thought 18-13 probably was their ceiling.

Before they went on their end of season skid, I revised my prediction thinking they could finish 19-12 or maybe 20-11. They didn't but as disappointed as I was with their poor finish I did at least stick with my preseason standard of 17-14 or 18-13 regular season for judging Ben & the team's performance.

I didn't pull your move: predict that they would win very few games, finish last, and then fail to give them any regard at all when they far surpassed that prediction. You also (in one of your previous posts above) implied that they were just saved from finishing last by a tie braker. They weren't close to finishing last; the last place team had 3 wins. The two teams above them had 7 wins. The 11th place team did have the same number of conference wins as the Gophers but the Gophers beat them twice.

You're either very dishonest, very forgetful, or both.

Actually, my preseason prediction was about right on the money. I said that with this roster and this schedule, Johnson's team CAN and SHOULD go 17-14 to save his job but that 18-13 was even better and a fair target. So, I thought 18-13 probably was their ceiling.

Before they went on their end of season skid, I revised my prediction thinking they could finish 19-12 or maybe 20-11. They didn't but as disappointed as I was with their poor finish I did at least stick with my preseason standard of 17-14 or 18-13 regular season for judging Ben & the team's performance.

I didn't pull your move: predict that they would win very few games, finish last, and then fail to give them any regard at all when they far surpassed that prediction. You also (in one of your previous posts above) implied that they were just saved from finishing last by a tie braker. They weren't close to finishing last; the last place team had 3 wins. The two teams above them had 7 wins. The 11th place team did have the same number of conference wins as the Gophers but the Gophers beat them twice.

You're either very dishonest, very forgetful, or both.
I said bottom four if you wanna read it again...go bother somebody else...please, just ignore me if I bother you so much. Thank you.
Congratulations on your analysis. I'm happy for you! Good job! Tell your wife how great you feel beating some guy up online. "Honey, he actually congratulated me on my prediction!" Maybe she'll let you have ice cream tonight?

I said bottom four if you wanna read it again...go bother somebody else...please, just ignore me if I bother you so much. Thank you.
Congratulations on your analysis. I'm happy for you! Good job! Tell your wife how great you feel beating some guy up online. "Honey, he actually congratulated me on my prediction!" Maybe she'll let you have ice cream tonight?

With chocolate sauce?

I think this would be a good sign. Why tease it, if you're going to be done? or maybe he has gas?

Top Bottom