How will the dramatic ticket increase impact your season ticket purchase?

• We will pay whatever the U asks and will keep the same seats.

Votes: 51 31.7%
  • We will scale our group back, or split season tickets now.

Votes: 29 18.0%
  • We will drop season tickets and puchase on the street for $15 a game.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • We will spend our money elsewhere

Votes: 25 15.5%

• Total voters
This helps me off the fence, Zales. It's been great sitting with you. If you feel like moving to a non-donation section next year, I may be in for 1 more. Or I could drop to just 2 seats I suppose. This feels like the last episode of Cheers or something.

Just thinking about everyone we sit around, I don't know how many will stick around. The seats behind us are already different people every year. I don't know. Maybe we need to consider the upper corners and then just move down since there will be plenty of empty seats to choose from.

Curious, who was seriously considering attending the bowl game and is now saying no way in light of the new ticket prices? I really question not only the dramatic increase in price but the timing. It sure changed my New Years plans!

We've been looking at hotels in St.Augustine and the Orlando area. 6 of us, trying to talk 4 more into going. We are done with it. We've got a lot of family in the San Diego area and we've been talking about taking 8-10 of them to the Holiday Bowl if the Gophers were going there. Not sure what we'll do now.

Teague was the same guy who kept telling us that spending $800,000 to get UNC to go away and instead do a Home-and-Home with NMSU wouldn't be that big a deal. He followed that up with getting a beat down from TCU instead.

Forgive me if I think this present brainstorm smells a lot like that one.

Perhaps it is just me, but it does seem that the same group of people are doing 90% of the posting and replying in this thread. i.e. Hard to get a gauge if they are actually an accurate representation/cross-section of our current Gopher season ticket fan base and their perspective on the matter. OR they simply want to scream bloody hell the loudest for all to hear and are perhaps not an accurate representation/cross-section of the current season ticket fan base.

My guess is it is a bit of both, but more the latter than the former and other season ticket holder reactions (while probably not tickled pink about it) and future season ticket purchasing decisions will not be anywhere near as draconian as some of them are attempting (for various reasons, personal or otherwise) to make it out to be.

And I have a feeling I am probably right.

Go Gophers! Ski-U-Mah!

Curious, who was seriously considering attending the bowl game and is now saying no way in light of the new ticket prices? I really question not only the dramatic increase in price but the timing. It sure changed my New Years plans!

I'm now hoping for Jacksonville so that I will not be tempted to attend. Lots of good feelings about this season being overshadowed by this move.

Not sure if anyone's looked at it but I wonder how this compares with Viking tickets in this timeframe. They may be indexing to the Vikings in their new stadium with the goal of remaining marginally cheaper in 2017 and beyond - as they are now.

FWIW, I dropped my tickets this year. If you drop your tickets, tailgate spot, etc. you probably won't go to as many games as you think you will.

And for heaven's sake, don't back out of the bowl game if you were leaning in even if you are going to drop the tickets next year.. Support these kids in a special year!!

i was exactly thinking that as well-- this is just terrible timing when we should be excited. I most likely went from a 90% going to a bowl to less than 20%

Season ticket holder since 1984. Section 107 guy today. I pay 330 now and by 2017 the same seats go to 830. I just don't imagine paying 1600 dollars in a couple years for two tickets. ?

I am sorry, but what does a future season ticket price increase have to do with supporting the effort this year's team and coaches gave all season long and the special season and some big wins they gave our university and us? Why some of you seem to think not attending a California or Florida bowl game this season is a proper or even logical reactionary move to something that is down the road is beyond me. Just my opinion but some of you really don't seem to be thinking straight and are just reacting out of sheer emotion at the moment. Smh

Go Gophers! Ski-U-Mah!

Does anything affect attendance that much?

Serious question.

49k people are buying tickets no matter what.

I am sorry, but what does a future season ticket price increase have to do with supporting the effort this year's team and coaches gave all season long and the special season and some big wins they gave our university and us? Why some of you seem to think not attending a California or Florida bowl game this season is a proper or even logical reactionary move to something that is down the road is beyond me. Just my opinion but some of you really don't seem to be thinking straight and are just reacting out of sheer emotion at the moment. Smh

Go Gophers! Ski-U-Mah!
You shake your head a lot.

I guess for me it's more of a cash flow issue; I already donated to the Golden Gopher Fund on my own so this requirement replaces my optional participation. I'm in 133 so looking at $500/two tix in 2017... still gonna be a tax write off at that point. This indeed raises the bar, however. Absolutely need to keep improving now, including winning the bowl game this year. Otherwise I was gonna cancel by 2017 anyways if it ends up being another Mason-esque run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Season ticket holder since 1984. Section 107 guy today. I pay 330 now and by 2017 the same seats go to 830. I just don't imagine paying 1600 dollars in a couple years for two tickets. ?

Igor, I go back just as far, and really, I am on your side.

I've been in the luxury business for 37 years and am surprised by this increase at this time. Typically when you do something this drastic, it means you have an exclusive or you offer more to the customer. In this case, there is no exclusive and how do you offer more? It will be interesting to see how this impacts parking. Now there will be many more people eligible for donation lots. I have 12 tickets and like others, I float a few tickets and enjoy bringing people to foster interest in Gopher football. That will end and will drop 4 tickets.
I would advocate dropping some sports that these increases will pay for. I do not want to donate to gymnastics or any other sport that does not produce revenue.

Me. I am now STRONGLY reconsidering even looking at bowl tickets. Before I heard this, I was pretty set on going after returning from a admittedly disappointing Wisconsin road trip (only because of the outcome). But now, this changes a lot of things for me. I will already be dropping one ticket out of my 6, so I will have five next year. After that, I may have to cut more as I already travel 3 hours to all home games from west central MN. I almost had to BEG my friends to come to games this year, practically giving the tickets away. Not sure what that will look like in future seasons.

And after calling down a little, believe me, I get it. But honestly, I think they are going for too much, too fast.

We're in Section 109.

We'll be staying.

But only because $tudwell $r. is plumping.

We were considering moving up to group 1. We won't now I'm guessing.

Not even Husker and Badger fans are going to be able to fill all the available seats now.

I've always enjoyed the TV coverage, but support the team. Enjoy.

Bottom line is we better win. 4 Big Ten wins minimum, but consistently in the 5-6 range. Or we'll see some really, really low attended games.

How do our season ticket prices compare to other b1g schools?

If you are looking for a comparison, better do it for the stadiums that are sold out versus those that are not.

Gopher Football attendance was 9th in the Conference this year with an average of 47865.
Its a good time to match prices with the other Big Ten Hotbeds.

I'm not going to go through all the schools but I looked at Wisconsin just for kicks.

$315...flat rate with the following donations:

Sections E, T and FF – $400 each
Sections D, F, S, U, EE and GG – $300 each
Sections C, G, R, V, DD and HH – $200 each
Sections B, H, Q, W, CC and II – $100 each

That's $100 a game for the best seat in the house or $59 for the cheapest. The Badgers know what they're doing.

The U is screwing it's fans. In 2015 the best seats will cost $140 per game and in 2017 they will cost $190. Who the hell do they think they are? Alabama? $190 a ticket? To watch New Mexico State? F that noise.

I'm out. Had non-donation chairbacks that will now be donation. We almost dropped after last year's price increase. This does us in. Bummer. Had tickets for about 7 years.

I bought individual game student tickets each game this year even though I graduated last May. Was going to get season tickets next year. Hell no, now.

Most of your points have some degree of merit, but this one is absolutely false. Check out Nebraska's donation levels in the photo below (I posted our donation levels for comparison). Virtually all seats require a significant donation. My Husker friends remind me of this every year.

And yes, I do appreciate that we are not Nebraska. Just pointing out that your statement is inaccurate.

View attachment 3191View attachment 3192

Have you ever been to Lincoln? I lived there many years ago, and there is absolutely nothing else to freaking do in Lincoln! You can't compare a one-trick pony market to a highly competitive sports and entertainment market such as Minneapolis. If this is some of the thinking that was part of this this ticket plan...then it is doomed to fail.

I will the poll would have been a little more black/white. "How likely are you to get season Tickets" Yes/No.

I know I'm now in the no camp coming from a 6 year holder.

Top Bottom