How we save the season

balds

Reaction score
Install an offensive package featuring Gray. Not exclusively, but a kind of "bring him in until they stop us" thing.

Get him the ball in any way possible in open space run/pass option situations. Shotgun, Wildcat (with him as both Ronnie Brown and Rickey Williams), line him up at halfback and pitch it out to him. Line him up at TE for god sakes and run a TE reverse. Just get him the ball out in space where he can run or pass if the opportunity presents itself.

If we roll into OSU and PSU and try to pound the rock we will quickly become one dimensional and us and Weber will get killed. He is the type of athlete wee keep talking about and has burned his red-shirt. USE HIM.

I agree with that. I would not start him at QB but I would move him all around in different areas to get him the ball as much as possible. We did that the previous 4 games and had success but we only used him on 2 snaps today. Unacceptable.

I had a lot of hope after the Cal game but now I think 5-7 might be realistic...Who do we beat? Purdue is still a MAYBE...Iowa is a Bi-Polar team right now...OSU? No...PSU? No...Michigan State? Probably not.......

Illinois is built around the run which we apparently can't stop...Purdue & South Dakota State may be our only other wins this season.......

We really need to beat Purdue. I'll be checking the ticket office at 9AM monday to see if Purdue returns any tickets. Today sucked, but have to move on.

Install an offensive package featuring Gray. Not exclusively, but a kind of "bring him in until they stop us" thing.

Get him the ball in any way possible in open space run/pass option situations. Shotgun, Wildcat (with him as both Ronnie Brown and Rickey Williams), line him up at halfback and pitch it out to him. Line him up at TE for god sakes and run a TE reverse. Just get him the ball out in space where he can run or pass if the opportunity presents itself.

If we roll into OSU and PSU and try to pound the rock we will quickly become one dimensional and us and Weber will get killed. He is the type of athlete wee keep talking about and has burned his red-shirt. USE HIM.

When Brewster said that Gray would play this year, I certainly thought he would come in for a full series on occasion. I'm waiting for that. One play here, one play there ... not much chance to make a difference.

Gray's talent is being wasted, I am sorry to say. He should be in every series (not every play) either as a run, pass threat or a decoy. It is beyond belief to have someone with that potential and not use him. Baffling. Utterly baffling. Silly is more like it.

I never had the gophers winning all three games. I don't see the season as ruined or in need of saving. Get over it. Purdue coming up next.

Last I checked the Gophers are 3-2 and your talking about 1 loss now the season needs saving?

Secondly, what has the Gray the Savior done to warrant he get more playing time? He had a TD catch against Cal and a couple of nice runs against a weak Northwestern defense. Tell me why he needs to play more? Is that because he was a 4 star recruit? So was Pittman and Carpenter and I don't see them doing a whole lot either.

This is Gray's first action in a season since his junior year in high school. The kid's only a freshmen. He will get plenty of chances before he is done.

Top Bottom