How should the endzones in TCF Bank Stadium be designed?

Inigo Montoya

Reaction score
endzone1.jpg

Do we go with the checkerboard look? Too copycat in my opinion. Tennessee has the market on this look.

1192478281.jpg

How about the mundane, yet traditional slanted line look ala Notre Dame? Again, don't copy someone else's signature IMHO.

ahusstadium.jpg

Minnesota in one endzone, Golden Gophers in the other similar to Nebraska. No color scheme in the remainder of the endzone. Would maroon colored script show better than gold? Would it be an oxymoron if the endzone reads Golden Gophers but it is spelled in maroon? I could go for a design like that.

Camp%20Randall%20Stadium.jpg

Or do we showcase a maroon colored endzone with gold lettering or a gold endzone with maroon lettering like this school has in the above picture? If done right it seems that it could make for an outstanding aerial photo.

lsu.jpg

How about alternating color schemes like LSU has? One endzone would be maroon, the other gold. One could say Minnesota the other Golden Gophers.

cowboys.512.jpg

What about an entire gold endzone with the Gopher helmet flanking the sides like the Cowboys have? Can't think of any other colleges with this design.

How about alternating color schemes like LSU has? One endzone would be maroon, the other gold. One could say Minnesota the other Golden Gophers.

I've always thought that would look awesome! Definitely the way to go.

Hosea...Only if they are both in Maroon with Gold trim.

How about "F U IOWA" in one and "BUCKY SUCKS" in the other?

I like. Also, to set us apart, we should mark the 5, 15, 25, 35, and 45 yard lines, instead of marking the 10, 20, 30, 40 & 50 yard lines.

How about "F U IOWA" in one and "BUCKY SUCKS" in the other?

HAHAHAHA, that is the first thing I thought when I saw the beginning of this thread. Well played my friend!

How about on one side we have "Who Hates Iowa" and the other end we have "We Hate Iowa"!!

make it look like a field of bricks. Cement the idea of calling the new digs "the brickhouse"

I like. Also, to set us apart, we should mark the 5, 15, 25, 35, and 45 yard lines, instead of marking the 10, 20, 30, 40 & 50 yard lines.

winner, IMO. Also I think that instead of the yards going to 50 we should just number them down the whole field. 1st and 10 from the 73

How about real grass and a simple Lambeau Field design in the end zone.

GOLDEN in one endzone, GOPHERS in the other. Maroon background, Gold lettering. Block M on the 50.

I like the LSU endzones. I'd like to see ours follow that type of scheme, with maroon on gold and vice versa. At the 50, a large block M.

Also, I like the idea of marking off the 5-yard lines, but I'd like to see every 5 yards (including the 10s), not just the 5s. The 10-yard markers should be in large font gold, with 5 yard markers smaller font in white or maroon.

Hello!!!!!!!!!!

They are already designed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So maroon5, what is the design?

They are already designed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously the endzone design has been established for the turf supplier to manufacturer since it will be installed in June. But the originator of the post was just tossing out ideas of what we may see.

Obviously the endzone design has been established for the turf supplier to manufacturer since it will be installed in June. But the originator of the post was just tossing out ideas of what we may see.

Wait wait wait....

They still paint the field like any other field. They don't come pre-painted.

They are going to try and play other sports on field, not just football.

I do believe it could be designed though.

Wait wait wait....

They still paint the field like any other field. They don't come pre-painted.

They are going to try and play other sports on field, not just football.

I do believe it could be designed though.

Sometimes the plastic blades are actually colored at the manufacturer. Wisconsin does this I think and so does Ohio State. That's why their endzone graphics jump out and are so bold.

Here is tOSU during the installation, the graphics are part of the turf.

IMG_9013.jpg

In all seriousness, here is what I would like. Let's keep the FB field looking like a field. All Green, yard-line stripes every 5 yards, 1-yard hash marks at the inbounds line, the endzones purely untouched green, a BIG Block M at midfield, and just beat the snoose out of anyone and everyone who tries to invade our turf.

Sometimes the plastic blades are actually colored at the manufacturer. Wisconsin does this I think and so does Ohio State. That's why their endzone graphics jump out and are so bold.

From my knowledge, the field isn't just rolled out and the wording is already there. I don't know if this is what you meant. When they lay out the field, they put the green turf down, then cut out sections for the yardlines, hashmarks, and wording. The white is then laced in to the surrounding turf. It's the same situation for the end zones. A multicolored turf field is a number of different colored turfs put together. It's the same situation for the end zones. Of course this is when you have actual colored turf rather than the Dome where they have to paint it on.

From my knowledge, the field isn't just rolled out and the wording is already there. I don't know if this is what you meant. When they lay out the field, they put the green turf down, then cut out sections for the yardlines, hashmarks, and wording. The white is then laced in to the surrounding turf. It's the same situation for the end zones. A multicolored turf field is a number of different colored turfs put together. It's the same situation for the end zones. Of course this is when you have actual colored turf rather than the Dome where they have to paint it on.

Yeah that's what I meant. The blades are colored plastic, not painted.

I thought the dome had 2 different end zones that go in for the Gophers & Vikings.

You know those little window stickers on the back of pick up trucks that look like young buxom women? I think we need to have those in each endzone. That would be cool. Or i suppose just the word Gophers if we're going to lack creativity.

I thought the dome had 2 different end zones that go in for the Gophers & Vikings.

Not since they got FieldTurf. It's painted on, I know this because I was at a Vikings game on the field before player warm ups and the paint wasn't dry yet, they used huge fans to dry it in time for the game. A big zamboni looking vehicle washed the paint off when they need to switch.

I personally think the out of bounds should be maroon instead of white. Do the end zones in gold.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

make it look like a field of bricks. Cement the idea of calling the new digs "the brickhouse"

Now THAT would be signature.

You could color the bulk of the bricks maroon and use gold for the lettering.

You know those little window stickers on the back of pick up trucks that look like young buxom women? I think we need to have those in each endzone. QUOTE]

What about Calvin pissing on the other teams helmet?

Or..

Turf with maroon or gold "Minnesota" and "Gophers" in opposite endzones?

After the whole Purdue debacle, I would prefer the color of the endzone to be easily distinguished from the color of the side/back lines....

Graphic Designer

Any graphic designers out there that can work some computer magic and give us some examples?

I thought of that calvin idea right after i did this. But thought I was entitiled to only one inane post per thread. I like it better and am glad you proposed it. That just goes to show you, Ingrate minds think alike.

Top Bottom