How much of us losing recruits is because...

gophermartin

Reaction score
...Mature has not extended Brewster contract?

I have preferred the auto 1 year extension because it helps with recruiting.

GM

Here is a paragraph from Sid's column:

"The Gophers expect to have as many as 15 top recruits at the opening game with the Air Force. Among those expected to visit either opening day or later is four-star defensive tackle Richard Ash from Pahokee, Fla., who is looking at Minnesota, Southern California and Oklahoma State."

I think Brew will get the guys he needs, and the fact there are a large amount of guys (ones we obviously don't know about) lined up for visits is about all we can ask for. They will see the stadium and all that it offers and I'm sure we will start getting verbals. Remember, we haven't been able to recruit at TCF yet during a game, lets give him some time this fall to see what he brings in.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/55521067.html?page=3&c=y

Right now Rivals lists the BT verbals as Indiana-22, Michigan-18, PSU-15, Wisky-13, Iowa-13, Gophers-12, MSU-12, OSU-11, Purdue-11, NU-10, and Illini-9.

Last year at this time, we had 8 verbals; Alipate, Campion, Keise, Lipscomb, Michel, Olson, Oerske and Rengel.

I am sure it would be more beneficial for Brewster to tell recruits he has a longer term contract but how do we know how that would affect the number of verbals at this time.

I think players understand there are no guarantees. Brewster could take a better position down the road even though he may have a long term contract.

Top Bottom