How many years do we extend Flecks contract

No, I'm not, and no Fleck will not.

For Brohm, it's Louisville, he's from there, played there, and coached there.

Yeah, Brohm and Louisville is a special case and certainly not the norm.

As for Fleck, I honestly think he wants to put down roots and build a program, not hop from job to job. Just a gut feeling. Leaving means starting all over again back at step one with his culture, if he feels like he can compete at a high level at Minnesota he would have no reason to leave at that point.

It is pointless to fret about it or listen to rumors. Minnesota fans always get nervous about our coach getting poached by another school yet it has almost never happened. Holtz was the one real example of it happening and since that point the assumption around here has been that it is going to happen every time. Holtz was over 30 years ago, as for the other sports I think maybe there was a women's basketball coach that left on her own but outside of that I don't think we have lost coaches to better schools in any of the major sports either. Of course I'm sure someone can dig up more examples maybe as I am just going off memory. Doesn't happen often though at the U of M.

If Fleck jumps ship at some point so be it, for him to be attractive to a better job he would need to be winning at a reasonably high level here so chances are the program would be in good shape.

No, I'm not, and no Fleck will not.

For Brohm, it's Louisville, he's from there, played there, and coached there.

That would be valid except Brohm was also tied to USC.

The world has changed a lot in the last few decades, you might want to catch up.

Fleck isn't going to stay at Minnesota if USC comes calling next year. I guarantee it.

If he wins 10 games here, he'll be gone.

8 or 9 and it still wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:

That would be valid except Brohm was also tied to USC.

The world has changed a lot in the last few decades, you might want to catch up.

Fleck isn't going to stay at Minnesota if USC comes calling next year. I guarantee it.

If he wins 10 games here, he'll be gone.

8 or 9 and it still wouldn't surprise me.

So out of curiosity what other jobs do you think would woo PJ away from the U if he coached us to a 10 win season?

My opinion is there is next to zero likelihood he leaves for USC where his promotions wouldn't be accepted. Can u see an oar above the Trojan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom