How Many Coaches

One more thing. I had season tickets for 39 years but gave them up in 2011. The priority seating fees, weak non-conference schedules, and scandals did me in. There was a time when I lived and died with Gopher basketball. Not anymore. This year I've missed a handful of games (on TV) simply because I forgot they were playing. It's rather sad, but also less painful.

One more thing. I had season tickets for 39 years but gave them up in 2011. The priority seating fees, weak non-conference schedules, and scandals did me in. There was a time when I lived and died with Gopher basketball. Not anymore. This year I've missed a handful of games (on TV) simply because I forgot they were playing. It's rather sad, but also less painful.
What's up with those priority seating fees?

And hopefully you're a football fan as well.

I wonder how old most of you are and I try to guess by the posts you make. Just curious, how many coaches you have seen come and go at MN?

My guess is the RP haters are the younger crowd(obviously there are exceptions) and the guys that aren't sure are or are RP supports are the old crowd.

I've seen the following and Tubby, by far was the worst of them.
Haskins
Monson
Tubby
RP

Please don't make this into another rant thread on RP.
I am of the. “old“ crowd. Started coming in the 70’s and have had season tickets since 1981. I feel that I was more accepting and supporting and was very happy with all up to and including Haskins. I had no problem with Monson as he had a job to do other than just winning games. Sometimes I think the environment was different as it was, in my opinion, more focused on the game of basketball. Now we have a lot invested and focused on other supplied entertainment during the evening- videos not focused on play like “Let’s get weird“music other than the band- many attendees focused on getting on the video screen rather than watching the game-beer. Guessing this is to get the crowd involved. But before, we did not need all that to get involved. The game was the center of attention. If you attend a game today you are asked by the university to evaluate all of the “entertainment” in an email arriving shortly after the game. It does not ask you to comment on the game or give you an opportunity to comment on the game.
I feel it is time for Coach to go but have no negative personal thoughts of him other than he has not been able to do the job he was hired for. He chooses the players to play in his system. If he is not successful then he either picked the wrong players or his system does not work.

I am of the. “old“ crowd. Started coming in the 70’s and have had season tickets since 1981. I feel that I was more accepting and supporting and was very happy with all up to and including Haskins. I had no problem with Monson as he had a job to do other than just winning games. Sometimes I think the environment was different as it was, in my opinion, more focused on the game of basketball. Now we have a lot invested and focused on other supplied entertainment during the evening- videos not focused on play like “Let’s get weird“music other than the band- many attendees focused on getting on the video screen rather than watching the game-beer. Guessing this is to get the crowd involved. But before, we did not need all that to get involved. The game was the center of attention. If you attend a game today you are asked by the university to evaluate all of the “entertainment” in an email arriving shortly after the game. It does not ask you to comment on the game or give you an opportunity to comment on the game.
I feel it is time for Coach to go but have no negative personal thoughts of him other than he has not been able to do the job he was hired for. He chooses the players to play in his system. If he is not successful then he either picked the wrong players or his system does not work.
Enjoyed your post. Not a hater like some, I do not do hate period. I base great coaching on results and what evidence there is to suggest that there will or will not be greatness.

Enjoyed your post. Not a hater like some, I do not do hate period. I base great coaching on results and what evidence there is to suggest that there will or will not be greatness.
Potshots and backstabbing yes. Hate, certainly not.

I am not a fan of young Richard and I am probably the oldest man on this site. I suffered through the Ozzie Cowles years. This racist bastard refused to recruit black players while Iowa, Illinois and Michigan State thrived with black players. He probably would have refused to recruit Wilt Chamberlain.

Top Bottom