How good are Brew's Gs?....

Reaction score
"It's just a lack of execution on our part," Jackrabbits running back Kyle Minett said. "They're no better than Northern Iowa. They're no better than Southern Illinois. They're no better than other Division I-AA teams we've played this year. It was just a lack of execution on our part."

hahaha couldnt the gopher players say the same thing just twisted? "sdsu is pretty bad, our offense didnt even attempt to play today and we still beat them!"

Bitterness from a Minnesota kid who didn't get recruited.

My understanding is that he was recruited somewhat, but in the end Mason wanted him to walk on and that wouldn't work because he really needed a scholarship to go to school. I highly doubt he harbors any long term resentment towards the program as a whole since it's a different coaching staff and he grew up a big Gopher fan.

Bitterness from a Minnesota kid who didn't get recruited.

I don't know how you can say THAT after watching the game. We are NOT better than any of the teams mentioned..Iowa will hand us a plate of our own s#@t and rub our face in it.

we will know how good BREW"S Gs are in 2011. as for the jackrabbit, good game, enjoy the ride back to SD on your big yellow school bus.

Before we totally just dismiss those comments from Minnett - here are the Sagarin rankings coming into this game: Big 10 teams with those aforementioned "lower tier" teams included: Not sure why many people on the board predict the Gophs will get destroyed at Iowa next week, but dismiss an MVC team, when an MVC team was a flukey play away from winning at Iowa...:confused:

Ohio State 12
Iowa 16
Penn St 19
Wisconsin 24
Michigan St 51
Minnesota 58
Southern Illinois 61
Purdue 72
Michigan 76
Northwestern 78
Northern Iowa 82
Illinois 90
Indiana 91

Maybe some truth to the comment. MN is more talented at each position, but as a team, they leave a lot to be desired.

yeah our QB and o-line laid an egg and we still won...I mean if we were clicking like the MSU game they would've had a rough day...and our D shut them down so yeah.

yeah our QB and o-line laid an egg and we still won...I mean if we were clicking like the MSU game they would've had a rough day...and our D shut them down so yeah.

The trouble with that argument is that their QB also laid an egg, so I'd call it a wash.

Top Bottom