How far do you travel?

Gopherpride13

Banned
Reaction score
Just curious as to how far some of you travel to go to the home games? I live/attend school in Duluth and try to make it to every home game possible. Go Gophers!

I split season tickets with my dad and brother and make it to two games a year from Chicago - it's about a 6.5 hour drive each way, and well worth it.

From Chicago as well. I have 5 season tickets with my brother. Last year I made it back to 3 games. I'll be coming back to 3 games this year as well as going to Madison to see us take back the axe.

Been making the 240 mile trek from Bayfield, WI for mucho seasons.

We also do at least one November road trip. Last year it was NW. This year its Lincoln.

1,049 air miles each way to/from New Orleans. This weekend will be my first of four home games, in addition to the roadies at UNLV, Iowa, Wisconsin and Nebraska.

I'll be living out of a suitcase in November - cashed in the frequent flier miles from Gopher football travels for a free trip to Alaska for the hockey team's series against Anchorage.

Although I have never missed a Gopher game in TCF Bank Stadium, this feat isn't the stuff of legends because I live 35 minutes away from the stadium. My hat is off to those of you that trek in from out of state our far outstate with any regularity.

Approx 250 miles one way from Madison at least 3 times a year. Was going to make 5 at TCF (plus 3 road games) but have had to cancel plans for Northwestern and Purdue b/c of other conflicts.

I work in Southern California about 70% of the time but I live in Minneapolis. I'd probably come back every three weeks regardless of the Gophers, but I come home for every home game. I also make a couple road games. However, I live in Minneapolis (when I am in MN).

So depending on how you look at it, I'm either coming from Orange County or I am coming from Minneapolis.

I come 184 miles from Wheaton out in West-Central MN. It is about a 3 hour drive. Well worth it everytime! Great thread to start by the way! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great to see so many fans travel so far for games. Hopefully Gopher football will have 10x as many dedicated fans someday. My wife and I travel 260 miles every gameday from Sioux Falls, SD.

My wife and I make the haul from the Milwaukee area, approximately 310 miles. We usually go to 4-5 home games per year, and let our friends in the Cities use our seats for the remaining games. Several alum buds and I also make the haul to 1 road game per year. This year, we're headed to Champaign.

Great to see there are plenty of us who are willing to travel.

About 3.5 miles on my bike. Even biked it for the Illinois game during Thanksgiving weekend last year. A chilly ride there but the return trip was warm after the victory.

I walk, bike and/or drive a few blocks and catch a bus at the Fairgrounds to TCF.

Hard to tell where Dr Don comes from sometimes, this will give you an idea.

311701_432222303497447_433431773_n.jpg

1,049 air miles each way to/from New Orleans. This weekend will be my first of four home games, in addition to the roadies at UNLV, Iowa, Wisconsin and Nebraska.

I'll be living out of a suitcase in November - cashed in the frequent flier miles from Gopher football travels for a free trip to Alaska for the hockey team's series against Anchorage.

You sir, are an absolute traveling machine. Committed doesn't even begin to describe you.

I live a little over 200mi away in Iowa. I try to make it to a game or two a year. I have also gone to several away games including Iowa and Nebraska this year.

1200 miles. I live in Reston Virgina, and I try to attend a home game each season.

You guys are amazing. I live about 120 miles out in St James. We make it to most of the of the home games + an occassional road game - UNLV this year.

The 6 of us come from Rochester - 80 miles. We are going to Lincoln this year as well.

I share tix with a couple friends...try to make it to one non-conference and one conference game a year from my home in St. Peter...sometimes more. Also made road trips to USC and UNLV the past two years.

I have season tix and I live in Milwaukee. I make it to 3+ home games a year and I was in Vegas this year.

400 miles each way for 26 years...season tickets, but usually miss two or three games.

1700 miles from Royal Palm Beach, FL.
I made it to the UNLV game and I'm coming up this weekend for the game against Cuse. I'm making it a double header by also attending the Vikes game on Sunday.
I'm hoping to attend the Bowl game this year if it's in the state of Florida.

I have it easy. A short drive ( 15 miles ) from Minnetonka. Made it to UNLV and I will be at the ioweeeeeeeee game. Also have Hockey season tickets so it is hard to make many road games with the overlapping schedule.

Grand Rapids. 180 miles one way...3 hour trip. Rarely miss a game. 11 a.m. games...leave @ 5:45 a.m., home 12 hours later. Later in the season, stay @ my son's home....too many "jumpers" on the roads to drive in the dark.

Top Bottom