How do you see the season playing out?

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
I know it's early, but I'm chompin' at the bit for some Gopher Football!

I was starting this thread but never posted it so not sure how it got posted. Oh well, it serves the purpose of getting people talking about what they think will happen.

I think the media is underestimating the Gophers. I think the Purdue game could be tough. I’m thinking, and hoping, the Gophers get by Colorado. I think the Gophers have a chance to beat Ohio St, but I think a narrow loss is probably more likely.

I think Iowa, Indiana, and Wisconsin will all be tough. I think the Gophers have just over a 50% chance of winning 2 of 3 of those games. I think it comes down to the progress made under the new OC and the new OC’s ability. Thereafter it’s our receivers. And of course gotta stay healthy for the most part.

At worst 7 wins, at best 10 wins. Ski U Mah!!!

Last edited:

I know Indiana did good last year, but are they really better than Iowa and Wisconsin? I cant imagine a scenario right now where we beat Iowa and Wisconsin but lose to Indiana. Maybe they'll surprise me as the season progresses.

I know Indiana did good last year, but are they really better than Iowa and Wisconsin? I cant imagine a scenario right now where we beat Iowa and Wisconsin but lose to Indiana. Maybe they'll surprise me as the season progresses.
No. Indiana is the most overrated team in the big ten and maybe the country.
they have no defense this year and have a quarterback coming off an injury.
Their coach has never won more than 8 games in a season. He is under 24-22 at Indiana. His teams have won: 5, 5, 8, 6 games
The became ranked last year because they beat penn state, Michigan, and Wisconsin.
Penn state finished under.500 as did Michigan. Wisconsin needed overtime to beat a MN team most on this board would call bad and disappointing last year.

Indiana will likely have 3 losses by mid October and 6 losses by the day of the Minnesota game.

I don't do the game-by-game routine.

All I know is this - I'm 65 years old and have been following Gopher football for over 50 years.

So, I "know" that at some point during the season, the Gophers will lose at least one game they have no business losing, and they will win at least one game where they are considered underdogs.

there will be at least one other game where they struggle to beat a 'bad' team but eke out a win.

and at least one game will be decided by the kicking game - not sure if it will result in a win or a loss, but it will come down to a kick being executed or botched.

Coaches may change, uniforms may change, stadiums may change, but Gopher Football is Gopher Football. In all its agony and glory.

We will find out about Indiana and Iowa. They play the opening game at Iowa City.

I think the Gophers will upset Ohio State in the opening game and finish 8-4. Lose to Northwestern, Iowa, Indiana, Wisconsin. This means lots of fun as the Gophers hang out in the Top 10 for a few weeks with a 7-0 start and a win over Ohio State before a painful late season swoon.

Ohio State will start 0-2 after losing to Oregon the next week. Then, go berzerk on the rest of their schedule and all through Thanksgiving your TV will be endless "can a 2 loss Ohio State make the playoff??"

Lots of opportunities to improve on recent history:
Beat Ohio State (first time in 21 years)
Beat Iowa away (first time in 22 years)
Beat Wisconsin at home (first time in 18 years)

I love the recent posts. We will a very good team and will beat Iowa.

Top Bottom