how do enjoy the remaining games?

Maroon92

Reaction score
I have trying to find the positives in spending time watching the road game on TV and spending my time and lots of money on the remaining home games (I have 5 tickets) and we bring our 3 kids with us so we spend our share on concessions.

I understand the whole outdoor football experience-- however losing by many many touchdowns each game does help. If we were competitive and the games were somewhat close I would be fine with that at this point.

I want my kids to continue to love the gophers but I myself have a tough time saying how much fun the games are to go to them but in reality the games are awful, I am disappointed by the end of the game and the drive home stinks because I know I wasted a day watching it.

has anyone else got to the point where the only positive of the year might be selling your tickets and either recoup the cost of the season. I am dreading going to the Nebraska and Wisconsin games to see us blown out when I could get sell my tickets for well over face value and save face on being at the game. I know I will labeled not a real fan but their comes a time when we all need to make decisions and look forward to next year

I'm with you. This just isn't fun. I'll buy more hoops tickets with the cash.

Hope that Gray continues to improve, I like what I see, he provides some hope, he can create and open things up a little bit, the offense isn't that dependant on the O-line.

Can't drop open passes in the end zone though, it wasn't perfect but it was catchable.

Why would tickets be worth over face for those games? $20 out front the stadium on gameday.

I didn't renew because my wife is due with our second child and we have a two-hour flight to MN for the games. My wife couldn't travel being so far along. That being said, I'm happy I don't have the tickets anymore. With the Gophs and Vikes being terrible, it is kind of nice having fall weekends free.

I just have two tickets and had previously sold Wisconsin game and after last weeks beat down sold my seats to Nebraska game. It makes no sense to me to go sit and watch this team get blown out the way they are. It would be one thing if they are competitive or showed ability to occasionally make a big play but they haven't all season. All you can hope for now is some of the younger kids grow confidence as they play more.

I will still watch the games on tv if possible but not paying for parking, concessions, etc with this type of product on the field.

Badger, i sold WI and Nebraska games for pretty much what I paid for season tickets. People coming from out of state aren't going to make the drive in hopes of finding tickets at the gate.

It took me exactly half a quarter to stop watching. Glad I did. This program is a disaster.

I have trying to find the positives in spending time watching the road game on TV and spending my time and lots of money on the remaining home games (I have 5 tickets) and we bring our 3 kids with us so we spend our share on concessions.

I understand the whole outdoor football experience-- however losing by many many touchdowns each game does help. If we were competitive and the games were somewhat close I would be fine with that at this point.

I want my kids to continue to love the gophers but I myself have a tough time saying how much fun the games are to go to them but in reality the games are awful, I am disappointed by the end of the game and the drive home stinks because I know I wasted a day watching it.

has anyone else got to the point where the only positive of the year might be selling your tickets and either recoup the cost of the season. I am dreading going to the Nebraska and Wisconsin games to see us blown out when I could get sell my tickets for well over face value and save face on being at the game. I know I will labeled not a real fan but their comes a time when we all need to make decisions and look forward to next year

Well there is nothing enjoyable about watching the team this year. I'll be attending the Nebraska game to see the new team in the Big Ten and then enjoying my Saturday's at home after that. I'd much rather watch good football games at home and the Gophs on tv as opposed to be stuck in a stadium watching us get rolled by everyone we play. I'm going to go to some more High School games this year to get my fix of real action in. At least there you can see teams compete. I planned on keeping my tickets through next year, but I'll need to review that plan at the end of this year. I just don't see any reason to financially support this team. They haven't earned my money, because this is NOT entertaining.

I'll likely be at all of the remaining games and have rationalized all four:
1. Nebraska-Want to see the new legacy program and legendary traveling fan base.
2. Wisconsin- Will get to see possible national championship team and Heisman winner.
3. Iowa- Hawkeye fans pre-game, during game, and post-game always worth the price admission.
4. Illinois- Hosting lots of family and my ticket out of the house.

Hope that this disaster will lead to the firing of bumbling Joel. Belgian style beer will help ease the pain.

You have got to hang in there and keep going to the games. You have paid for the tickets. What the hell? Things will get better when the architect who has fired all these coaches, hired all these coaches and has bought out coaches contracts either goes on his nose or is forced to retire. Time marches on.

The house must be cleared of the last of the revenue sports destroyers. When the last one has been driven from the campus...things can begin to heal. The curse remains until that last symbol of futility is banished. Then, and only then TCF BANK STADIUM will be the Gopher's true home and the evil red curse will no longer diminish the returns of the TCF BANK potential. The "SUB-PRIME-RATE-downward spiral" will give way to the safety and stability of a BANK backed once again with solid GOLDEN footings! The Gophers program will begin a slow steady ascent back to respectability once the red curse that came from the east has cleaned out his desk and is gone.

Reclaim the revenue sports competetive nature and compete in the Big Ten Conference in Football, Men's Hockey and Men's Hoops . Life will be good. Just keep going to the games to keep fans from other programs out! And express loud displeasure when ever an image of the red revenue sport destroyer from the east is displayed on the jumbo screen just to hasten the inevitable blessed purging that will occur sooner or later...

; 0 )

Well now that the Lynx' season is over, there really isn't much to look forward to in MN sports...

Watch the games closely to learn more about the game. If you are at the game, zero in on different players with your binoculars on each play. Learn what responsibilities each defensive player has against certain formations. Sometimes when your team is going bad, it gives you a great excuse to gain a greater understanding of the game.

Watch the games closely to learn more about the game. If you are at the game, zero in on different players with your binoculars on each play. Learn what responsibilities each defensive player has against certain formations. Sometimes when your team is going bad, it gives you a great excuse to gain a greater understanding of the game.

Great point. My bro and I did that at the 55-0 Iowa game and it gave us something to talk about besides how much I hate Iowa.

I focused in on Tommy Olson & Michael Amaefula, buth true freshman, and they were two of the best players out there today. Hope for the future.

Don't watch...or lots of booze. This isn't fun what so ever.

I know there are many people on here that will disagree with me ... But IMO, if you're a fan, then you go to the games. Win or lose. Period. I would NEVER sell my tickets to HAWKS or Badger fans. Never. Doing so does nothing the help the Gophers and only helps the opposing teams. I've been to all games this season thus far, with the exception of today's game. I will be going to all remaining home games plus 2 more road games. Win or lose. Period.

I don't know, I don't think it'd be that difficult to find some enjoyment.

For home games: tailgaiting, drinking, hanging with friends and being around a bunch of other people partying....if you can't find the fun in that (win/lose/draw/game cancelled/not even a game), then I don't know...

I love college football, probably to an unhealthy degree (see my post count) but all in all, it's not THAT important. Worst case scenario, use college football as an excuse to party with your friends. There aren't a lot of other times in your life when you can be buzzed around college girls at 9 am.

Well now that the Lynx' season is over, there really isn't much to look forward to in MN sports...

The Wild have a shot at being good this year with Heatley and Setoguchi on the team. They certainly look good so far tonight.

Watch for the improvement from the young kids and those that want to play. Today was an improvement in the areas of hustle and no quit amoung most of the players. There are still a few parttimers out there, they will disappear soon! Wins are aways off, but look for the learning and increase of discipline and hard work.

Top Bottom