How can we be non-competitive in the worst BCS conference?

EG#9

Reaction score
The Big Ten is an absolute joke right now, and we can't even compete. I know it's been bad for like 5 years, but this year I don't think an argument can be made that it is not the worst.

Win some damn games, upset somebody who's not very good on a national level to begin with.

we're 2-2... right in the middle of the pack. Do you think Purdue was thinking the same thing last week when we smoked them? Look what happens.

Thanks for asking a completely rhetorical and logically incoherent question. We needed a thread complaining about the game, you were the first one.

Thanks for asking a completely rhetorical and logically incoherent question. We needed a thread complaining about the game, you were the first one.

shocking, another post from gopherprof, complaining about a post. We needed posts complaining about posts, you were the first and second and third and fourth and fifth and sixth and on and on.

The Big Ten is an absolute joke right

I mostly disagree with that EG. This certainly isn't the Bigten of the 90's and early 00's when most every team was solid to excellent, but when compared to the rest of the conferences we stack up pretty well. Offensivley the bigten is bad, but defensivley we are pretty good. Outside of Bama, Florida, and Texas, there are very few complete teams in the NCAA.

The worst? Are you kidding? The Big Ten is not having a great year but the top 4 conferences are far superior to the other two (Pac-Ten, Big 12, SEC, Big Ten). I'd say currently the Big Ten is either 2nd/3rd strength wise among conferences. The top 4 all have much more depth than the ACC, and the Big East's best teams would struggle to finish 4-4 if they played a Big Ten quality conference schedule.

The fallacy that the Big Ten is weaker than the other conferences is perpetuated by the financial interests of ESPN, etc. They hate that the Big Ten is by far the strongest markedting brand, and that the Big Ten Network makes so much money for the conference and none for ESPN.

The Big 10 does suck and that's what so alarming about the U's ugliness this year. Sure, Brewster's recruits aren't playing yet and there's been a revolving door of coordinators, etc, and all that apologist stuff, but the Big 10 sucks, we have many returning starters who should show improvement over a 6-6 year under a good coach.

Who's the/a dominant team in this league? Iowa? They've shown that they could win the Missouri Valley Conference crown. OSU and PSU next in line? Who's even the fourth best team (or 7th worst)? Wisconsin? Frankly, if I'm the rest of the BCS, I'd kick the Big 10 out. The Rose Bowl probably is talking to the lawyers about whether they can keep the Big 10 champ out.

Top Bottom