How about eliminating Seantrel from the front page? He didnt want to be here!

pmgz

Banned
Reaction score
Please put up players that WANT to be here.

Please put up players that WANT to be here.

Do you have any other requests? Should we also take down all articles of recruits that did not commit here? What about the one of Jedd Fisch leaving, he didn't want to be here either?

I'm sorry - I know your comment was good natured, but it just really got to me today. I don't think most of you had any idea how difficult it is to not only find the contacts for kids, but get a hold of them, get an interview with them, transcribe it from a tape recorder, proof, get headshots, format them, format the article using HTML, and get it up on our front page. All of this, just for the love and passion that the group of us have for the Gophers that contribute to GopherHole. It is a TON of work, a TON of work - more behind the scenes stuff that you would ever guess...and we all have demanding jobs, some have families, school, volunteer, etc.

Quite honestly, I don't really care if you don't like Seantrel's article up there - because I put way too much time into it to take it down. And it does seem like people do care, because about 1/2 of the threads on this page are about him. For every one of you that gripes about Seantrel - why don't you start a thread on every new commit? Why don't you do research on these kids, and put that information up? And while you're at it - why don't you send us all of their contact information so we can do pieces on them too, because quite frankly, we simply cannot. Every single kid we contact is through us chasing down their info.

People complain about the media covering it - did you ever think it's because it's what the public wants to hear about? Maybe if you all stopped posting about it, reading about it, talking about it, etc...then there wouldn't be a demand to produce pieces on Seantrel.

Like it or not he was the #1 player in the nation all year long, he is from here, and people care. If people didn't care, people wouldn't be all up in arms about his commitement to USC.

The fact is, (and I'm not trying to be snotty, but it will come across that way) - but I think you would be hard pressed to find any FREE sports website that produces original content like we do. Not just thoughts on the Gophs, but who actually get off their butts and get out and do interviews. These articles are accurate, and newsworthy - you simply don't take down a news piece because you don't like it. That's kind of like telling us our Final 4 run didn't happen. We all remember it vividly, we remember what emotions it evoked and where we watched games...and simply taking down the banner at The Barn doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Anyone have a bottle of Chivas for Gopher Lady?

"Like it or not he was the #1 player in the nation all year long, he is from here, and people care."

True, he was the #1 player. And he is from the Twin Cities. Some cared, some didnt. Some only cared if he signed here.

"If people didn't care, people wouldn't be all up in arms about his commitement to USC."

I dont see many "up in arms". I do see lots of disappointment and quite bit of focus on the players that chose to sign here.

All I was suggesting was moving on - same thing Hendersen has done.

Long week? Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

"Like it or not he was the #1 player in the nation all year long, he is from here, and people care."

True, he was the #1 player. And he is from the Twin Cities. Some cared, some didnt. Some only cared if he signed here.

"If people didn't care, people wouldn't be all up in arms about his commitement to USC."

I dont see many "up in arms". I do see lots of disappointment and quite bit of focus on the players that chose to sign here.

All I was suggesting was moving on - same thing Hendersen has done.

Long week? Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

Then you could do the same and not post about him.

P.S. You are really kidding yourself if you don't see, from the hundreds of posts that people care. You obviously do if having a picture and article of a recruit bothers you so much you ask for it to be taken down. You just proved my point. Thanks.

Agree, lets talk about Gophers and let LA talk about SH. He got ink when he was here, now that he's leaving too bad, we cover GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sensitive much?

Then you could do the same and not post about him.

P.S. You are really kidding yourself if you don't see, from the hundreds of posts that people care. You obviously do if having a picture and article of a recruit bothers you so much you ask for it to be taken down. You just proved my point. Thanks.

You proved my point.

Thicker skin may be needed if a simple comment irks you that much.

pmgz, you're a clown. You don't pretend that news didn't happen just because you don't like the way it turned out. You don't eliminate articles from your website just because they're outdated. With time someone else's snapshot will end up at the top of the page and Seantrel will be gone.

GopherLady, ignore this goofball. Like you, I run a local-interest sports page, and I know just what you're talking about - it's a lot more work than pmgz imagines.

this is my opportunity.

I have been wanting to put up for Nadine Babu. This woman works very hard to give the rest of us the information and stories we want. She is a real journalist, not an entertainer like most people with here access. I am positive 9.5 out of 10 people on this board would not be able to devote the time it takes to do what she does for us. Don't have to agree with her choice of stories (how could you not), you do have to appreciate her efforts. Last time I checked, this is a free site. I sometimes buy a news paper for 50 cents to read the sports page and often feel like I was ripped off. Too bad Nadine could not be the writer for Gopher sports in the news paper, we would get our money's worth and she would get paid. Its just a matter of time before she gets to the players who WANT to be here. If you don't want to read about the guy who got away, don't.

This is a GOPHER site - once a player decides to leave MN, I no longer follow their progress at another school - I never read about James L. or Michael F. - they can choose to go where they want, no hard feelings; but, I am more than willing to read about a player from FL, TX or LA who chose to attend MN and not about a MN player who chose to leave...

This is a GOPHER site - once a player decides to leave MN, I no longer follow their progress at another school - I never read about James L. or Michael F. - they can choose to go where they want, no hard feelings; but, I am more than willing to read about a player from FL, TX or LA who chose to attend MN and not about a MN player who chose to leave...

67, your point is understood, but that isn't the issue here - the site isn't covering someone who left after they left; the poster was asking for an article that was written before Henderson's decision to be removed because Henderson didn't pick the Gophs. That's cheesy.

Mike Max was interviewing Brew the other night

and asked..."So, tell me what about the SH recruitment." Brew responded with , "Mike let's talk about the 20+ players that wanted to be Gophers. Those are players that I want to talk about," I'm with Brew!

Keep the SH articles up. The recruiting story was definately interesting and entertaining. Sean was nice enough to give an interview two days before despite what his intentions are during this whole process. Even though it was a bet Brett Bielema was up for a week on this site.
If we beat USC and beat the Wissconsin's of the world's we can make Henderson and others who left here think twice about their decision and what they are missing out on.

and asked..."So, tell me what about the SH recruitment." Brew responded with , "Mike let's talk about the 20+ players that wanted to be Gophers. Those are players that I want to talk about," I'm with Brew!

I'm with Brew too - the hard reality is that the Gophers were never players in the SH sweepstakes, for whatever reasons, and it was only the local media that thought otherwise...the national media's mention of MN was only obligatory - time to move on to spring practice, summer camps and then the 2010 season.

Hey CHeers - get some thicker skin. Journalists that sensitive?

pmgz, you're a clown. You don't pretend that news didn't happen just because you don't like the way it turned out. You don't eliminate articles from your website just because they're outdated. With time someone else's snapshot will end up at the top of the page and Seantrel will be gone.

GopherLady, ignore this goofball. Like you, I run a local-interest sports page, and I know just what you're talking about - it's a lot more work than pmgz imagines.

No disrespect was meant - at all.

I just thought the focus should be on the kids that want to be here, not the ONE that NEVER wanted to be here and PLAYED you for all you are worth.

I'm with Brew too - the hard reality is that the Gophers were never players in the SH sweepstakes, for whatever reasons, and it was only the local media that thought otherwise...
If Brew didn't think he was a player for Seantrel, he sure did spend a lot of time and effort recruiting him up to the final gun.

No disrespect was meant - at all.

I just thought the focus should be on the kids that want to be here, not the ONE that NEVER wanted to be here and PLAYED you for all you are worth.

The point you and 67 and the other butt hurt boys are failing to get is that there is no article focusing on SH after he chose to go elsewhere. She interviewed him before the decision. Quit whining like little babies. Have some patience and she'll post more recent articles that I'm sure will not focus on SH. Seriously. All of you are coming off like little insecure babies. "SH didn't choose us! Let's act like he never existed! Whaaaaa! (sniffle)"

I can't believe you people are serious.

You want to focus on who wants to be a Gopher. Fine. No one is stopping you. It just speaks volumes that a mere picture of a recruit that went elsewhere being on the front page momentarily gets to you. Wow.

Maybe it's time for you babies to take a nap. When you wake up, maybe that article won't be on the front page and you can all go about your lives like normal.

How extremely pathetic and petty. Get over yourselves.

BTW I find it absolutely hilarious that people who are bothered by a simple recruiting interview article are telling others to get thicker skin. Isn't it ironic? Don't ya think?

If Brew didn't think he was a player for Seantrel, he sure did spend a lot of time and effort recruiting him up to the final gun.

He would have been crucified if he didn't put the full court press on SH (regardless if he thought he had a chance or not). If he even thought there was a 1 in 100 chance he would sign with Minnesota he had to recruit SH to the best of his ability. Not recruiting the #1 recruit in the country who is in your backyard is not an option regardless of the long odds.

He would have been crucified if he didn't put the full court press on SH (regardless if he thought he had a chance or not). If he even thought there was a 1 in 100 chance he would sign with Minnesota he had to recruit SH to the best of his ability. Not recruiting the #1 recruit in the country who is in your backyard is not an option regardless of the long odds.
And Nadine would have been crucified had she not put in as much effort as she did to interview Seantrel and his family, even though she said numerous times she didn't think he would sign here.

Get it?

And Nadine would have been crucified had she not put in as much effort as she did to interview Seantrel and his family, even though she said numerous times she didn't think he would sign here.

Get it?

Unlikely. Everyone appreciates Nadine's efforts but to say she would have been crucified if she didn't get an interview with SH is a tad over the top (to say the least). Comparing the recuitment of SH by Brew and getting an interview is a bad comparison and not even in the same realm. Get it?

Unlikely. Everyone appreciates Nadine's efforts but to say she would have been crucified if she didn't get an interview with SH is a tad over the top (to say the least). Comparing the recuitment of SH by Brew and getting an interview is a bad comparison and not even in the same realm. Get it?
Brewster's job is to recruit players to be on the team.

Nadine's "job" is to provide more information on those players.

Seantrel was, without a doubt, the player who garnered the most interest from Gopher fans.

By your own argument, this necessitated that Brewster try and recruit him. How is Nadine's situation not comparable?

Brewster's job is to recruit players to be on the team.

Nadine's "job" is to provide more information on those players.

Seantrel was, without a doubt, the player who garnered the most interest from Gopher fans.

By your own argument, this necessitated that Brewster try and recruit him. How is Nadine's situation not comparable?

Here's how its not comparable. Brew is paid $1M a year to do his job and is the HC of a Big 10 team. This is a free site and it is not Nadine's "job". She does this because she loves the program. People appreciate the extra effort she puts in to provide great information but by no means do people expect her to provide this high level of service for a free site. On the flip side, people expect Brew to recruit the #1 recruit in the country who is in the school's backyard (as well they should). No one in their right mind would find those two comparable.

People appreciate the extra effort she puts in to provide great information.
To the point that they tell her to take it down when it doesn't please them anymore, apparently.

The point is, of course Nadine had to interview Seantrel. He was the biggest news story, and she wanted to provide that info to Gophers fans (the argument over the use of the term crucify is secondary). The post to which you responded addressed the notion that Brewster wasn't showing attention to Seantrel to the extent that the local media was, and that's simply not true.

On the other point, she provided that information, out of her own goodwill, because that's what Gophers fans wanted. Now, because apparently looking at his picture makes them sad, they want her to immediately take it down, without any acknowledgement of how much effort it took to do that FOR THEM in the first place. Whether the original poster intended to be disrespectful with his comments or not, he was.

To the point that they tell her to take it down when it doesn't please them anymore, apparently.
The point is, of course Nadine had to interview Seantrel. He was the biggest news story, and she wanted to provide that info to Gophers fans (the argument over the use of the term crucify is secondary). The post to which you responded addressed the notion that Brewster wasn't showing attention to Seantrel to the extent that the local media was, and that's simply not true.

On the other point, she provided that information, out of her own goodwill, because that's what Gophers fans wanted. Now, because apparently looking at his picture makes them sad, they want her to immediately take it down, without any acknowledgement of how much effort it took to do that FOR THEM in the first place. Whether the original poster intended to be disrespectful with his comments or not, he was.

Focus on the kids that WANT to be here. Simple really. Nothing to do with pleasing anyone.

I dont believe he ever wanted to go to the U - did you listen to the comments the father makde?

I agree to a point, but with a different solution. Rather than keep an article up on a kid who went elsewhere, how about put one up about the kids who came here (bumping SH off the front). Then again, what do I care -- I don't read the front page. ;-)

Everyone loves this kid and hates royce. But at least royce wanted to come here and help turn around our team.

Focus on the kids that WANT to be here. Simple really. Nothing to do with pleasing anyone.

I dont believe he ever wanted to go to the U - did you listen to the comments the father makde?

Translation: Waaaaaah! (sniffle) Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Get over it, baby.

Apparently you want your media controlled in some facist all-Golden all-Gopher kind of way. Like I said before, you are pathetic. And apparently you have to balls to say this when this site is 100% free? You don't like it, leave. Quit being such a baby.

As long as sentrell hadn't committed, IT WAS A BIG STORY!! But when he committed, it was over. And everyone wonders why young kids don't want to be GOPHERS. Kids that choose other schools get more ink than kids that choose Mn. It should be a BIG DEAL IN MINN. WHEN A KID DECIDES TO BE A GOPHER. We have to again make kids want to be gophers. The #'s 2 and 3 kids are becoming GOPHERS lets fill the pages with them. I'm more interested in a walkon than a #1 that leaves!!

stupid, He's not coming here, why would he continue to be on the banner? The argument for keeping him on is retarded......you should post on the badger and Iowa forums. Seriously.

Top Bottom