Horton w/ John Hanson & I Thurs. morning AM-1500

Doogie

Reaction score
Sometime in the 7a hour tomorrow (Thurs.) morning, new offensive coordinator Jeff Horton will join John Hanson (Twin Cities Live fame and former long-time sports radio host in Vegas) and I on ESPN Twin Cities ... 1500 on your dial, or at am1500.com.

Hope many have a chance to listen ... It would be greatly appreciated!

Hey Doogie,

I am really digging the new format. Keep up the good work.

Doogie, you're doing a great Job. Tell Johnny Hanson he needs to turn it up a notch. He's too much "TC Live John Hanson" and not enough of his true personality.

Listening more to 1500 than I have in a long time. I have always been a fan of GL. Even Reusse has been pretty good. (did I just say that?)

I have been pretty much listening to 1500 for the past week here.

I used to think that Common was pretty funny and a good listen, but now that I can actually get good sports info from Reusse I will never listen to Common again.

Small world

John Hanson is back in MN? Ever since he left ESPN Radio here in Vegas I wondered if he'd made it back to the motherland. Glad to hear he's alive and doing well.

John was pretty decent on afternoon radio in Vegas, I can't stand the idiot they replaced him with, Cofield. Complete jackass, ruined a good show. Now I listen to something else.

The real question is, particularly with the new stadium now, will he continue to be a Texas Rangers fan, or convert to the Twinks?

Sign of the Apocalypse

Doogie:

If I'm not mistaken, you are a journalist and a graduate of St. Paul Academy. The correct language for your post would be "...John Hanson and me", not "John Hanson and I". Mr. Montgomery would be disappointed.

I would expect such a mistake from a Highland Park graduate like I (I mean "me"), but not from you.

By the way, I graduated with your lovely sister. How is she doing?

Actually, Doogie is a Henry Sibley grad.

And last time I checked, he only has one brother, and no sisters.

Doogie:

If I'm not mistaken, you are a journalist and a graduate of St. Paul Academy. The correct language for your post would be "...John Hanson and me", not "John Hanson and I". Mr. Montgomery would be disappointed.

I would expect such a mistake from a Highland Park graduate like I (I mean "me"), but not from you.

More of a broadcast guy, but that being said, I do take pride in my grammar and spelling ... was I off for sure?

No sister?

Doogie:

Then who was that you hooked up with?

Isn't "Doogie" Darren Wolfson the tennis player that went to SPA? If not, then I guess I had really bad information. My mistake.

More of a broadcast guy, but that being said, I do take pride in my grammar and spelling ... was I off for sure?

Yes. The way to check is to just take the name before the "and" off, and see which way makes sense.

So, "Horton w/ John Hanson and I" would check to either "Horton w/ I" or "Horton w/ me". Which one makes sense?

Yes. The way to check is to just take the name before the "and" off, and see which way makes sense.

So, "Horton w/ John Hanson and I" would check to either "Horton w/ I" or "Horton w/ me". Which one makes sense?

That was very helpful. I am really bad at "to" and "too".

Would you give a little lesson on that?

Apparently several posters on this board need lessons in than/then. Or lose/loose.

Isn't "Doogie" Darren Wolfson the tennis player that went to SPA? If not, then I guess I had really bad information. My mistake.

Public school guy ... went to Henry Sibley ... one of my best friends is a St. Paul Academy graduate, but definitely not me.

OK ... not super ... his phone broke up a few times, then dropped completely after 7 min.

OK ... not super ... his phone broke up a few times, then dropped completely after 7 min.

When I got in my car I just caught the tail end of it, as soon as I heard his phone breaking up I was just waiting for it to completely drop. It's too bad. I was hoping to hear more from him that wasn't the standard responses he's given in other interviews.

That was an interesting discussion about dating after that though!

not quite as easy, but here goes...

'

Too means in addition, as in "May I go along too"? as well as quantity, "Too much salt in the soup".

To means direction or destination " I will go to Korea", "Do you know the way to San Jose?".
It can indicate a recipient "I will give my heart to her".
Time "it is 14 to 5".
Belonging "Where is the lid to this jar?".

Just for fun Two is the number spelled out. "Dive off the left tackle for two yards."

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom