Honest Question Concerning Tubby...

UK legacy. 1 NCAA title every 10 years.
Tubby at UK. 1 NCAA title in 10 years.

UK legacy. 5 SEC titles and 5 SECT championships every 10 years.
Tubby at UK. 5 SEC titles and 5 SECT championships every 10 years.

UK legacy. 76% all-time W-L record.
Tubby at UK. 76% W-L record.

UK legacy. 4 major NCAA infractions in 50+ years.
Tubby at UK. 0 major NCAA infractions in 10 years.

UK legacy. 69% all-time W-L record in NCAA games.
Tubby at UK. 72% W-L record in NCAA games.

I could go on but the message is clear.

The Truth isn't always the truth.

Your manipulation of statistics is legendary. Nice to see Boilermax/Windycatz/Smokeypearl still has it.

I just hope you don't threaten the posters here at Gopherhole with murder like you did once upon a time at the old Kentucky Sports Report site.

There's a reason you've been permanently banned from every major Kentucky covering site on the internet including one you once moderated. Sad because I know someone who has actually met you and they say you're such a nice, humble man in person. You'd never know it from how you act on message boards though.

Your manipulation of statistics is legendary. Nice to see Boilermax/Windycatz/Smokeypearl/Tom Gray still has it.

I just hope you don't threaten the posters here at Gopherhole with murder like you did once upon a time at the old Kentucky Sports Report site.

There's a reason you've been permanently banned from every major Kentucky covering site on the internet including one you once moderated. Sad because I know someone who has actually met you and they say you're such a nice, humble man in person. You'd never know it from how you act on message boards though.

Dem are da facts. Tubby met most aspects of UK legacy but not all. He exceeded some and fell short on a couple. I left the pervasive racism in Kentucky off my list but it's high on the list.

Here's What A Recent Coaching Opponent Said About Tubby

And this IS the truth:

"I am a huge Tubby Smith fan, always have been, and he is one of the premier people in my profession. His teams are tremendous, well schooled defensively, and we were having trouble with not just their team defense, but their athleticism on the court. Early on we were doing things that we wanted to do, but it was going at too quick a pace for us to be successful. It just took awhile for us to get comfortable."

Dem are da facts. Tubby met most aspects of UK legacy but not all. He exceeded some and fell short on a couple. I left the pervasive racism in Kentucky off my list but it's high on the list.

I'm not going to get drawn into this crap between you and your alter-ego but if you want to claim Kentucky is pervasively racist while Minnesota sends a hatemonger like Michelle Bachman to Congress you show just how much of a fool you really are.

I'm not going to get drawn into this crap between you and your alter-ego but if you want to claim Kentucky is pervasively racist while Minnesota sends a hatemonger like Michelle Bachman to Congress you show just how much of a fool you really are.

Indeed it is pervasive (racism in Kentucky). Racism thrives with ignorance. Do the math on that.

Tubby changed jobs, simple as that. He has a superior AD and Univ Prez in his new job. He has a superior lifestyle in the Twin Cities. He has a conference full of basketball traditions and strong coaching opponents.

There is pressure at every college to win, the degree of pressure is just different...

There is probably no college in America where there is more pressure to win than at Kentucky when it pertains to basketball...

And with success comes expectations of greater success...even in Minnesota

So I don't think Tubby came here to "coast"... the pressure to win at Kentucky is rediculous and here in Minnesota he knew he would not have to deal with the daily pressure to win, he would not have every decision scrutinized extensively.

There is pressure at every college to win, the degree of pressure is just different...

There is probably no college in America where there is more pressure to win than at Kentucky when it pertains to basketball...

And with success comes expectations of greater success...even in Minnesota

So I don't think Tubby came here to "coast"... the pressure to win at Kentucky is rediculous and here in Minnesota he knew he would not have to deal with the daily pressure to win, he would not have every decision scrutinized extensively.

Similar pressure exists at UNC, UCLA, IU, etc. UK is one of but not THE ONLY program where W-ing is expected.

I love Seinfeld, but Art sounds a lot more like Pat Reusse than an architect. Don't be bothered by his negativity. He tries to spin it as realism, but it isnt.

Or, an importer/exporter to go w/your Seinfeld analogy...

Please, show me what are not facts. Please.

I'm sure you understand the difference between objectivity and subjectivity. A statement such as "there is no pressure to win" is purely subjective. There are no numbers or data sets to conclusively illustrate your point. How exactly does one measure "pressure to win"? Maybe a data set of negative articles in the local press? Or a complex algorithim that somehow quantifies coach-critical posting on blogs and message boards?

You are simply saying what you believe the truth to be.

Art, once again you proved to be the most stupid poster here. These are not facts. These are BS.

Wrong. He wasn't "forced out". He chose to leave. He wanted to stay but he wanted an extension and he wanted to bring his son on staff.

You're the one that doesn't watch basketball. Jesus Christ this is just some astoundingly dumb spin.

Money, opportunity to coach with his son and the ability to put a stamp on a program and create
the expectation level and legacy instead of having to live up to one are three examples off the top of my head.

Among all the people on this board, you were the last person who would say Tubby came to Minnesota for Money (what a dumb spin).

By the way, remember this post: JW will be injured before the end of the season and so will be Patterson (bad ankle). This will be the only season that Calamari could go to the final 4 at UK. Next year, both of these guys will be in NBA and Hood will transfer. Future doesn't look too good for you guys. Time for a new coach bacause the current one will leave in 2-3 years and we'll be back here laughing at you all.

Please, show me what are not facts. Please.

Art Vandelay where are you? This thread is funny. He literally begged people to try and dispute his FACTS then he runs away when not even 1 poster agreed with his negative spin..oh, excuse me, his FACTS.

Who should I believe regarding the FACTS?

Art Vandelay..or howeda7, Friend Of Tubby, eker0016, MRJ, sarahsparrow, go 31, gopherphan, chi-town gopher, tjgopher, The-Real-Truth, Foggie14, andy and royboy?

Hmm..the score is 13-1 that's a tough call!

Top Bottom