Hole Poll: What grade would you give the Gophers defense in the OT loss at wisconsin?

Hole Poll: What grade would you give the Gophers defense in the OT loss at wisconsin?

• A

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • B

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • D

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • F

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Played solid but had the breakdown on the long TD run which turned out to be a killer. Overall the D made big strides from the start of the season to the end and can hopefully build on that heading into next year.

Played solid but had the breakdown on the long TD run which turned out to be a killer. Overall the D made big strides from the start of the season to the end and can hopefully build on that heading into next year.
Agree. With a little change here and there, we could have won this game. Couple drop passes, couple dumb penalties, etc.

Misread the poll question and voted "D", which was a mistake. (thought it was a grade for the coaches-my bad!!)

I'd give the defense somewhere between B- and C+ for that performance...

If we could have stopped Groshek gashing us up the middle, we win the game. Badger ILBs were hugely disruptive, too. Badgers we vulnerable, but we weren’t quite ready to beat them.

I went D. Couldn't force any turnovers against Wisconsin's 2nd/3rd string QB's. Gave up another huge untouched run for a TD right up the middle. Gave up the td pass to the 3rd string QB on 3rd and goal after Mertz was knocked out. Couldn't get 3 and outs in the second half to flip the field. The last drive after we tied the game 17-17 was especially disappointing. We knew they only had their 3rd string QB and they were starting the drive from their own 14 yard line. Instead of forcing a punt and needing only a few first downs for a chance at a game winning FG, we need a Coney Durr INT in the end zone to potentially save us from a loss in regulation. I believe this is the most points Wisconsin has scored since returning to play. They were missing their top 2 rbs, top 2 wr's and starting left tackle. Another disappoinintg effort from the Gopher defense IMHO.

I thought they played good enough to win, offence didn't. B-

I gave an F. They could not stop the road grader up the middle and they didn't cover anyone. They made a few stops. but 3rd down was not their friend.

Top Bottom