Hole Poll: What bowl game do you think the Gophers will play in?

Hole Poll: What bowl game do you think the Gophers will play in?

• TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • Texas Bowl

Votes: 74 54.0%
  • Heart of Dallas Bowl

Votes: 22 16.1%

• Total voters
You think MSU is a lock?

They should be top ten in the BCS standings after this week. Like I said.....they lost one game by three points to ND. A game with some ND gifts. A loss to OSU in the BCG shouldn't drop them.

the Rose will take MSU, i am pretty sure about that one, i would hate to lose a game to texas tech/K-state, if we play one of those lower teams then we have to win, we just have to, but i am still keeping hope that we get picked ahead of Michigan

Capital One Bowl Rep Says Gophers Still Have A Chance At Jan. 1 Bowl

http://www.kfan.com/pages/gophers.html?article=11855890

I read that story and while it's theoretically possible that the Capital One Bowl could take an 8-4 Gophers team over a 9-3 Badgers team, it's very hard to see that actually happening should circumstances put the game in that position. Wisconsin will likely still be ranked even after losing today, they're a bigger brand for TV viewers and neutral ticket buyers, and travel better. Plus, the Badgers last played in Orlando on 1/1/07, so it's a new trip of sorts for those fans. I'd love it if we could make it to the Capital One Bowl, but it doesn't seem realistic.

There will be seven bowl eligible teams and going by conference record the Gophers will be #6 ahead of Michigan. If we get two BCS bids which seems likely the Gophers will be in line for the Gator (B10#5). Michigan was only one loss worse in conference and overall which means they can be selected ahead of the U. This seems to have been happening less lately, but the loss to MI gives the people in Jacksonville an out. Unfortunately, think it's the Texas bowl. If MI had been blown out it might have been different.

There will be seven bowl eligible teams and going by conference record the Gophers will be #6 ahead of Michigan. If we get two BCS bids which seems likely the Gophers will be in line for the Gator (B10#5). Michigan was only one loss worse in conference and overall which means they can be selected ahead of the U. This seems to have been happening less lately, but the loss to MI gives the people in Jacksonville an out. Unfortunately, think it's the Texas bowl. If MI had been blown out it might have been different.

I still think we can get the Gator Bowl over Michigan. We have a better record, better story line, and Michigan has lost 5 of their last 7 games.

The Heart Of Dallas is a Jan 1 bowl game though...

It's January 1 in date only, if that makes sense. It's actually one of lower regarded bowl games. The game exists to provide ESPN U with content on New Year's Day and to make use of the Cotton Bowl stadium now that the bowl game of that name is played at the Cowboys' new stadium. The opponent this season would be the likes of Rice or North Texas from Conference USA. Past games have had announced crowds in 40,000 to 45,000 range in a 90,000 plus capacity venue. Actual crowds have been much less. It would be a massive disappointment should the Gophers end up in a half empty stadium against the kind of team we'd more likely schedule as early season fodder at The Bank.

I agree Sports_Realist. I just think that the Heart Of Dallas bowl could've been what the bowl executive meant when he said we could play a Jan 1 bowl.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

BWW Bowl

Rose: Michigan State
BCS At-Large: Ohio State
Capital One: Wisconsin
Outback: Iowa
Gator: Nebraska
BWW: Gophers
Texas: Michigan
Heart of Dallas & Little Caesar's: vacant (Big Ten can't fill)

BWW Bowl

Rose: Michigan State
BCS At-Large: Ohio State
Capital One: Wisconsin
Outback: Iowa
Gator: Nebraska
BWW: Gophers
Texas: Michigan
Heart of Dallas & Little Caesar's: vacant (Big Ten can't fill)

BWW picks before the Gator this year (I believe they alternate who is the 'better bowl' each season)

BWW does pick first. Bad feeling any question of Minnesota going over Michigan ended with the way Michigan played yesterday.

Texas, or possibly the Heart of Dallas bowl in the the unlikely event the B1G doesn't get two BCS teams.

The Big Ten is virtually guaranteed two BCS games. OSU will go to the championship game with a win, and probably to the Orange Bowl with a loss. MSU is going to the Rose Bowl either way.

Our Gophers will be playing in the same bowl as last year. It might be seen as "unfair", but life isn't fair, the bowls exist solely to make as much money as possible, and the Gophers won't sell tickets or garner TV ratings as well as any of the other teams eligible for selection this year.

Ok I know after the year we had going back to Houston might seam like a disapointment however lets look not forget that its on ESPN on a Friday night, and it is the only game on at that time. I know from a casual sports fan standpoint Jan 1. (not heart of Dallas) sounds better however for recruits and national exposure Texas Bowl could be better.

For me, the disappointment would not be the Texas Bowl, but playing Texas Tech again. Has nothing to do with the Red Raiders, has more to do with just playing them last year and with 2006, just would rather see a different opponent. I'm guessing their fan base is probably saying the same thing.

For me, the disappointment would not be the Texas Bowl, but playing Texas Tech again. Has nothing to do with the Red Raiders, has more to do with just playing them last year and with 2006, just would rather see a different opponent. I'm guessing their fan base is probably saying the same thing.

Purely from a football standpoint, TTech is a really good matchup for us.(92nd against the run and 87th overall)
If our goal is 9 wins and a bowl win, we could do worse than TTech.

If our goal is a New Years Day bowl and a matchup with a "name" SEC school then we should hope for other scenarios.

IMO the next brick is 9 wins and a bowl W.

Purely from a football standpoint, TTech is a really good matchup for us.(92nd against the run and 87th overall)
If our goal is 9 wins and a bowl win, we could do worse than TTech.

If our goal is a New Years Day bowl and a matchup with a "name" SEC school then we should hope for other scenarios.

IMO the next brick is 9 wins and a bowl W.

Healthy way to look at it. I wouldn't mind some revenge over TT.

Top Bottom