Hoffarber

march madness

Reaction score
Blake was awesome tonight. His ballhandling, moving without the ball, his REBOUNDING. He is the team MVP! I'm not sure how many guys can play up to their potential but he seems too.

Percentages are Blake is the Gopher most likely to receive some type of postseason award. Perhaps 3rd team All-Big 10, more likely honorable mention? That would be a pretty nice accomplishment, and he will have earned it. He's been our most reliable player, even on nights when he's not getting the volume shot attempts. He does do other stuff in addition to his 3-point shooting, as others have pointed out.

People were concerned with how Hoffarber would fare in Big 10 play, and his Big 10 stats are actually even better than his non-conference stats:

Big 10 stats/game: Averaging 13 pts, 5 rebs, 2 assists, 52% FG, 49% from 3, 88% FT. Numbers-wise, his stats are probably worthy of some type of post-season award...but in reality, post-season awards are kind of meaningless anyway.

I'm just glad Hoff is having a hell of a year, and our team chemistry/play seems to be on the upswing. Let's keep it up!

Blake plays great and is a force against less athletic teams. Then gets shut down by the more athletic teams. Anyway, he is having a great year after a pretty bad sophomore slump.

Blake plays great and is a force against less athletic teams. Then gets shut down by the more athletic teams. Anyway, he is having a great year after a pretty bad sophomore slump.

Was pretty good against OSU at Williams? Are they athletic? The Badgers were the best defensive team in the league before the game and he had a big night. There is no need to use any qualifiers when talking about how good of a player Hoffarber has been this year for the Gophers.

Blake has my vote for Gopher MVP. He is one of the most savvy basketball players that has played for the gophers. He also is improving. His mid-range jumper will make him even better.

Blake seems to have taken on the role of team leader, which this team has been missing. He leads by example and does not appear to ever go on an ego trip. His three-point percentage alone should make him better than honerable-mention all Big 10.

Blake seems to have taken on the role of team leader, which this team has been missing. He leads by example and does not appear to ever go on an ego trip. His three-point percentage alone should make him better than honerable-mention all Big 10.

I don't know, 'baller' (TM) says Hoff should get between 5-15 minutes per game, depending upon competition - hardly a team leader. I mean he has like the slowest release this side of a Soviet gulag and his only rebounds are off missed free throws in the last minute of 40 point blowouts. I'm guessing we'd be better off if we replaced him with a guy that has played one minute this entire year, but brings football toughness. I trust 'baller' (TM) because while I was studying English and science and all those other useless subjects, he was out ballin'.

Gopherjake must have got up this morning and taken two prick pills for breakfast. Maybe a whole bottle. Yeah a guy who has hit over 70 3 pointers this year is of no value. Wish that I could be such an ignorant fan. It is impressive.

Blake has a catch and shoot that any fan can see is wondrously developing this year, only thing left for him to figure out is a 3 point shot off the dribble. He will get there.

DJ is the MVP no with no doubt in my mind. hoff is great when he is hitting shots, but when he isn't shooting he can disappear.

mac

Gopherjake must have got up this morning and taken two prick pills for breakfast. Maybe a whole bottle. Yeah a guy who has hit over 70 3 pointers this year is of no value. Wish that I could be such an ignorant fan. It is impressive.

Blake has a catch and shoot that any fan can see is wondrously developing this year, only thing left for him to figure out is a 3 point shot off the dribble. He will get there.

Jake was being sarcastic and referencing a past dustup with "Baller".

Jake is a big fan of Blake.

:)

Even when Hoff doesn't get a shot, he forces the team to play out on him and open up the inside. He does all the intangibles and when the shot is there he usually hits it. I have become so accustomed to him making the 3, that when he misses I am perplexed. Tubby knows he will play within the game that he is drawn up and loves to have him in there. It would be great if he was a bit quicker, but I'll take him over someone who is lightning quick, but doesn't understand the game. He had a couple of great cuts to the hoop and had a great pull up jumper we didn't see earlier in the year. I still like Damian as our MVP, but Blake is next in line. Great year by someone who works his ass of out there.

DJ is the MVP no with no doubt in my mind. hoff is great when he is hitting shots, but when he isn't shooting he can disappear.

Well, if you mean by disappearing he continues to rebound, makes intelligent passes, & protects the ball, I'll take his act.

People were concerned with how Hoffarber would fare in Big 10 play, and his Big 10 stats are actually even better than his non-conference stats:

Big 10 stats/game: Averaging 13 pts, 5 rebs, 2 assists, 52% FG, 49% from 3, 88% FT. Numbers-wise, his stats are probably worthy of some type of post-season award...but in reality, post-season awards are kind of meaningless anyway.

I'm just glad Hoff is having a hell of a year, and our team chemistry/play seems to be on the upswing. Let's keep it up!

+1

I'll take you at your word on the B10 stats. I was on record at the end of the non-conf schedule that he'd struggle (a lot) against the athleticism in conference play. I'm pleased to have been proven wrong.

IMHO, his work ethic has him playing at about 98% of his ability. I'd say he is probably a conference leader in that (admittedly subjective) stat. When he is on the floor, you definitely have the impression that more things can happen than when he is not.

+1

he is our best player defensively and is creating match up problems on the offensive end now with his inside/outside game.

He's a much better player this year, beyond the obvious 3-point percentage, and I like that lately he's shown some offensive game inside the arc. He's proven some skeptics wrong.

I'm hoping that next year Tubby will put some emphasis on getting Blake open and getting him more looks in the half court set. It seems to me that most of his good games are the result of the Gophers getting up and down the court and not letting the opposing D get set.

Top Bottom