Hoffarber

mchiller

Reaction score
Did anyone else read the article about Hoffarber on here where he said he was gonna use the pump fake like a mad-man this year? Maybe I haven't been watching that closely, but I don't think I have seen him use it yet. I could see some sweet 4-point plays if he starts throwin out those fakes.

Did anyone else read the article about Hoffarber on here where he said he was gonna use the pump fake like a mad-man this year? Maybe I haven't been watching that closely, but I don't think I have seen him use it yet. I could see some sweet 4-point plays if he starts throwin out those fakes.

Good point. he's also not coming off of picks very hard. I really think that once the gophers got a bit more talent last year, he started to feel like HE didn't need to score anymore, and that he could help the team being passive as a good passer and ball controller. Sadly, I don't think that Blake understands just how important his scoring is to the success of the team.

Furthermore, I don't think that Al Nolen (or Westbrook or Carter, also) understand that, either, or else maybe he'd dish it outside upon some of his penetrations to give Hoff, Joseph, Westbrook and others some good open looks.

What I don't understand is how other teams consistently get open 3 looks against us, but we seem to get so many fewer open 3 opportunities. It's either the O and D schemes or the execution or both. The D, certainly, could improve by not always doubling down. The O...

I agree...

I was thinking the same thing at the end of the Portland game. Dont get me wrong, I was OK with the deep three that Blake took, but if he had used the pump fake that he talked about, took a dribble he would of been wide open at the three point line.

Top Bottom