History of Transfer Portal Commitment Dates - 2024 Version

Well... I will say this, Wilson might have played a lot of minutes the year Charlie Daniels was patrolling the paint for the Gophers. That team was desperate for size.
There was no way Wilson was needed much with Garcia and Payne. Yeah I get it, he's not real talented but Charlie was not a Big Ten player and was used because there was no choice.
Charlie was statistically MUCH better than Wilson prior to arriving at the U. It isn't even close.

Again, this is not me advocating for Daniels, I am just saying that Daniels was much better against similar competition throughout the first few years of college.

Do you think there were a lot of minutes behind Daniels?
Do you think Daniels was irreplaceable. Bottom line- all I said was Wilson would have gotten a lot more minutes in the Daniels year. But let's face it- if you are a Big Ten team and either one of them is getting significant run- you aren't very good.

Do you think Daniels was irreplaceable. Bottom line- all I said was Wilson would have gotten a lot more minutes in the Daniels year. But let's face it- if you are a Big Ten team and either one of them is getting significant run- you aren't very good.
No, he was super replaceable. There was a big guy who got some run after Daniels and that was Treyton Thompson. I don't think there were many minutes after Thompson or Daniels got their minutes.

But yeah, you're right, any team that is playing either of those players significant minutes is in serious trouble. Thank god (for him and us) that Curry's body held up that season.

No, he was super replaceable. There was a big guy who got some run after Daniels and that was Treyton Thompson. I don't think there were many minutes after Thompson or Daniels got their minutes.

But yeah, you're right, any team that is playing either of those players significant minutes is in serious trouble. Thank god (for him and us) that Curry's body held up that season.
Thompson has a 3 guard mentality inside of a center's body.

May 8th we should roughly know by then if we will have any contributors, late adds really haven't done anything for us beside bodies at practice.

I imagine we'll here from Morgan soon after visiting Nebraska. Everything else has been pretty quiet, most of our top targets committing elsewhere.

May 8th we should roughly know by then if we will have any contributors, late adds really haven't done anything for us beside bodies at practice.

I imagine we'll here from Morgan soon after visiting Nebraska. Everything else has been pretty quiet, most of our top targets committing elsewhere.
There is a whole month to enter the portal. It will get even better depth in there.

Top Bottom