High 3 star OL Saia Mapakaitolo commits!

Dude is coming pretty far east considering his other offers.

Let me think... He hasn't seen snow or experienced the cold. Kudos to Ortiz and Fleck.

Fleck is like a guy that you'd want to be in a boat with like my one nephew. I am guaranteed to catch fish with him in the boat. He is a fish whisperer.

Last edited:

Dude is coming pretty far east considering his other offers.

Posted something similar in the 2021 thread. Offers from USC, UCLA, Arizona, ASU, BYU, Utah, Washington State and Oregon State and yet somehow he ends up picking Minnesota. Fleck might just be able to sell ice to eskimos.

Seems like another quality addition to the OL group.

Samoan I assume. Big frame. Love nabbing a west coast kid (played in AZ due to Covid I believe)

I understand that when he transferred from California to Arizona in order to play this fall, eligibility fine print made him ineligible. So he never played his senior year, or he might have been rated even higher (or I guess he could have gone down in the ratings, but I'm an optimist at heart).

Why would he want to play with the kids in the Pac12, when he can play with the big boys in the B1G?

Sounds pretty athletic. 6'5" 250-270 lbs from what I see. Red-shirt and learn from the big boys up front. Good late get by Fleck.

Posted something similar in the 2021 thread. Offers from USC, UCLA, Arizona, ASU, BYU, Utah, Washington State and Oregon State and yet somehow he ends up picking Minnesota. Fleck might just be able to sell ice to eskimos.

Seems like another quality addition to the OL group.

Rivals has a Miami offer listed too, FWIW. Great addition!

Great! I'm hopeful that with the two pickups today were securing the line for protection and creating holes.

With our running game I love to see us picking up more talented lineman. Mo n company must be happy when we flip guys for the O line.

Let me think... He hasn't seen snow or experienced the cold. Kudos for Ortiz and Fleck.

Fleck is like a guy that you'd want to be in a boat with like my one nephew. I am guaranteed to catch fish with him in the boat. He is a fish whisperer.
I'll bait both your hooks any time. Sounds like fun. Coach's too for that matter.

Samoan I assume. Big frame. Love nabbing a west coast kid (played in AZ due to Covid I believe)

First Samoan player since The Throwin' Samoan?

Love that we are now starting to get players from the West Coast - that is a lane that the middle/high middle B10 teams aren't really active in - great step in making us a true national program. Never even dreamed we could be doing this :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Do you guys know for sure he is Samoan? Polynesian yes but just bc he is a big dude doesn’t make him of Samoan descent.

Why would he want to play with the kids in the Pac12, when he can play with the big boys in the B1G?

Did Arizonan Steven Ortiz have an influence? Who knows - the allure of playing in the Big Ten. Pied Piper Fleck charmed him.

Last edited:

Did Arizonan Steven Ortiz may have an influence? Who knows - the allure of playing in the Big Ten. Pied Piper Fleck charmed him.
Callahan probably played a roll too? It's a great thing to have a recruit who wants to come play for his new position coach.

Do you guys know for sure he is Samoan? Polynesian yes but just bc he is a big dude doesn’t make him of Samoan descent.
I mean, who doesn't like the absolute best kind of Girl Scout cookie there is?
Oh, what...nevermind.

Awesome get! Would assume he will play interior since we seem to have a lot of really lanky guys that project to OT? Cam James, Logan Purcell, Martes Lewis, and i think there was another tall OL in the '20 class

Awesome get! Would assume he will play interior since we seem to have a lot of really lanky guys that project to OT? Cam James, Logan Purcell, Martes Lewis, and i think there was another tall OL in the '20 class
Yeah, some guy named Ersery. I wonder if he started a game for us this past season. :cool:

Yeah, some guy named Ersery. I wonder if he started a game for us this past season. :cool:
I am aware of Ersery, didn't include him as he is already clearly playing OT where as the above listed are lanky, but have not established an OL position. Its fluid, but also unlikely to put tall OL in the interior. Looked it up and I was thinking of Tyrell Lawrence, 6'7 345 and was listed as a guard coming out.

Top Bottom