hey iowa fans/pantherhawk: it looks like nebraska fans took over ur stadium today

supadupafly

Reaction score
just saying. you know since you like to bring up this topic with us gopher fans. sure was a lot more red in kinnick stadium today than there was black and pee yellow. :p

Iowee 4-8 Pantherhawk is hiding in a dumpster after a thanksgiving dinner at the homeless shelter.

What a great day in sports! Gopher basketball wins and the lowly HAWKS end their pathetic season!!

Maybe I never saw a good camera angle but it sure did not look like they took over, maybe 15,000? But then again maybe I never a shot.

just saying. you know since you like to bring up this topic with us gopher fans. sure was a lot more red in kinnick stadium today than there was black and pee yellow. :p

Was at the game, Id say there were 10-15k nebraska fans at most. Glad the season is over. Now win your last game and go enjoy your bowl game.

Minnesota fans making fun of other team's fan base is pretty funny. Our fan base is much more pathetic than any other team in the conference.

Minnesota fans making fun of other team's fan base is pretty funny. Our fan base is much more pathetic than any other team in the conference.

what? did you say something? :rolleyes:

p.s. and yes, there were tons of husker fans who took over kinnick stadium this afternoon. there were. just saying some iowa fans should maybe check themselves next time they want to talk a lot of crap to gopher fans about this topic.

I was surprised to see that the stadium wasn't even full, maybe some student no-shows I don't know. It was hard to gauge the exact mix of fans. On closeups you could see some Nebraska fans wearing their unofficial third color of black. So much for Iowa having the greatest fans. Plenty of Nebraska fans there to make it embarrassing for them. Iowa did put up a good fight defensively.

Not even close when talking football, Indiana and Northwestern never draw fans. We do OK considering the track record of this program for decades.

Reminded me of how we turned their stadium into TCF South this year!

I estimate there were about 5k open seats above the student section. Thanksgiving weekend and poor product on the field all season will do that to you. There is a topic on the Iowa board about this, in a nut shell it looks like about the same number of fans traveled to iowa city as did to Lincoln last year. 15k represents around 20 percent of the stadium. The other part of this are the seat visiting fans get through their ticket offices are right behind the goal posts and in the front on visiting sidelines are not bad seats at all. Nebraska fans were very classy as Ive read they were in the twin cities. They seem to have a differnt approach to their team and I must say it is a breath of fresh air. Im glad they joined the bigten. Im just glad this season is over, looking forward to some basketball at this point. I had wondered who would turn the corner first Iowa basketball or MN football. The best to the Gophers tomorrow!

Damn it MspHawk. Stop being so nice and classy. It's making me not hate Iowa as much...

Top Bottom